Rear mech not holding indexing

Sportiveman
Sportiveman Posts: 158
edited June 2017 in The workshop
Hi all,
I have just replaced my chainset and had to redo front mech shifting now works smoothly. But rear shifting wasn't as good as it should be so decided to try to reindex the rear gears. I watched some videos on how to do it I get it to index fine bit when gone from smallest sprocket to biggest then go back down it goes back to being out of index again ? I have it working but skips two gears on some sprockets . Any ideas what is causing this ? It is a full 5700 group set with a 6700 chainset and Tiagra cassette and chain is new cassette is failt new to.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Classic sign your indexing is close but out by a small amount, you just need to tweak the barrel adjuster to get it working properly in both directions.

Also check your B-screw setting as that can make getting it 'just right' harder.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Does the cable need replacing ?
    If its been ridden for a long time it can get a bit gunked up which can affect shifting
    FCN 3/5/9