shopping and stuff
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, shopping, cycling, gardening, but probably not in that order
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Mini hopkinb woke up early, so I'm up too.Breakfast with her and the hound now, then drop her at holiday club. Commute, busy busy, crossword, busy busy, extended commute.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    gym gym-ed, worked from home a bit, next stop bit of bike tweaking, then cafe

so far i am executing the plan to perfection
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    On the train into a sunny London. Would have worked at home but have a fee things to deal with in the office. I am escaping early though as I have been nominated to transport Stropteen and her mate to and from a Shawn Mendes gig at the O2. Need to decide what to do while they are in there. Decisions, decisions.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Healthcare people called, now getting on with the day but it's lovely and sunny and I can d bugger all but sit here with my leg up, so a tad frustrated.

However, onwards and upwards: starting to get kit sorted for going away - if I don't get pinged off it due to knee which would be very frustrating at this late stage, may do some seated weights, apart from that hangin' with da familiar as everyone seems to be in one house today, which is very nice.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Need to decide what to do while they are in there. Decisions, decisions.

Find a whore with a room or masturbate in the car under a blanket.

Simples, innit, spotty dog.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Lovely morning, shame to spoil it by being here. Coffee to sharpen the synapses after unscheduled awakening by little 'un. Drafted her shamelessly all the way to her morning activities to save energy for my commute. She loves her bike, especially when she gets to ride on some "real roads".

Maybe some eggs and a heap of mushrooms from the canteen.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Mild Thursday morning hangover is in evidence as expected. Beer was good and we even managed to sit in the pub garden. Talking of which when are we going for a beer Hopper? I mean a ride, on our bicycles, no beer involved as my body is a temple, etc, etc...
    Glorious ride in this morning, ruined somewhat by the destination. Been rather busy as one of my larger customers is back from his holiday and has placed a rather large order. I've now upset the warehouse by running said order and asking for it to go out today. Going to be busy as it's a new month so all the account customers will wake up. Soup for lunch today and breaking any cakes into pieces small enough that I don't have to bite through them.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Talking of which when are we going for a beer Hopper? I mean a ride, on our bicycles, no beer involved as my body is a temple, etc, etc...

Given some notice, I'm relatively free whenever, though with a preference for an earlyish start followed by a pub lunch/beer if a weekend ride? Or just a post work sharpener at the Roebuck and a pootle back through the park?
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Talking of which when are we going for a beer Hopper? I mean a ride, on our bicycles, no beer involved as my body is a temple, etc, etc...

Given some notice, I'm relatively free whenever, though with a preference for an earlyish start followed by a pub lunch/beer if a weekend ride? Or just a post work sharpener at the Roebuck and a pootle back through the park?

Oh - it's like that is it? Thanks for the invite guys - or is it select people only?

Well fukkk you - I'm going to Edwyn's Bordello then. Then appreciate me there. Obviously I'm a no one to you.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Oh - it's like that is it? Thanks for the invite guys - or is it select people only?

Well fukkk you - I'm going to Edwyn's Bordello then. Then appreciate me there. Obviously I'm a no one to you.

Thought you lived in Anglesey or something like that, and that your patella has been shattered into a billion pieces by the powah of your ACL? V68 only lives down the road and he's more or less in one piece. Obvs you're welcome.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...beer...
    ... a post work sharpener at the Roebuck and a pootle back through the park?
    ... select people only?
    - I'm going to Edwyn's Bordello then.
    The more the merrier, but the reality of it is you and your gammy knee aren't going to make it up to civilisation. Also if Edwyn finds out you're sampling the high life of Richmond he might start spiking the potions to get you back into his clutches.
    The only other one that might make it to the Roebuck is Seano, But we all know the reality is that he's stuck under her thumb and might not be allowed out.
    We need to add some of these to the Tory party signs up on Richmond Hill whilst we're there.
    DBFludDW0AArtql.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...beer...
    ... select people only?
    The more the merrier, but the reality of it is you and your gammy knee aren't going to make it up to civilisation. Also if Edwyn finds out you're sampling the high life of Richmond he might start spiking the potions to get you back into his clutches.
    The only other one that might make it to the Roebuck is Seano, But we all know the reality is that he's stuck under her thumb and might not be allowed out.
    We need to add some of these to the Tory party signs up on Richmond Hill whilst we're there.
    DBFludDW0AArtql.jpg

Oh yes, I like that idea very much indeed, and as we're on bikes, we can scarper before the posh folk release the hounds...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    On the train into a sunny London. Would have worked at home but have a fee things to deal with in the office. I am escaping early though as I have been nominated to transport Stropteen and her mate to and from a Shawn Mendes gig at the O2. Need to decide what to do while they are in there. Decisions, decisions.

Get absolutely bladdered before going to meet her at the end and make a total fool of yourself in front of her ever so trendy teenage mates and she'll never, ever ask you to be taxi again. How you get the car back legally is slightly tricky but worth it in the end.

Toots 1 and 2 off school. Meh. That means a 4 day weekend. Might need Prozac soon.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...beer...
    ... select people only?
    DBFludDW0AArtql.jpg
    Have you ever tried lifting a 54KG thumb from the top of your head? It's not easy.

Does Jagger or ex Mrs Jagger still own a house on Richmond Hill?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Seano "I'm just popping out for a drink sweetheart."
    Mrs Seano "Ok baby, who with?"
    Seano "Some men I've met in the internet."
    Mrs Seano "You what!"
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Get absolutely bladdered before going to meet her at the end and make a total fool of yourself in front of her ever so trendy teenage mates and she'll never, ever ask you to be taxi again. How you get the car back legally is slightly tricky but worth it in the end.

Toots 1 and 2 off school. Meh. That means a 4 day weekend. Might need Prozac soon.

Update later.
    If it wasn't for the getting the car home problem that would be plan A. Stropteen is tall enough to reach the pedals so I suppose that's an option.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Need to decide what to do while they are in there. Decisions, decisions.

Find a whore with a room or masturbate in the car under a blanket.

Simples, innit, spotty dog.
    The first option of those has its merits in principle but the Greenwich Peninsula is probably up there with Wales in terms of opportunity.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Seano "Some women I've met in the internet."
    Mrs Seano "You what!"
    Surely it's better than the alternative above from her pov?
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Seano "Some men I've met in the internet."
    Mrs Seano "You what! I thought you'd learn your lesson after what happened the last time."
    You missed the end of her last sentence.
    I'm not sure if Jerry Hall still lives there, didn't she marry Rupert Murdoch a while back? Pete Townshend still has the big house up there.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Is anyone welcome at the meet?

Busy work day after a shoot sleep - tonight's theatre visit may involve sleep
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:

The more the merrier I reckon. Thursday 22nd looks good for me btw.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Sorry - busy and you knew it, which is why you chose that date on purpose.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Sorry - busy and you knew it, which is why you chose that date on purpose.
    Lets see if they move it when I say I can make the 22nd :D
  • veronese68
    22nd works for me, but if either of you mention tax you're buying the next round.
    You coming Seano? does TLW need to visit the Hayes branch that day?
  • hopkinb
    If we mention tax, I reckon Stevo will structure the evening so that not only do you buy all the rounds, but you will also sub us a tenner per round for the privilege of doing so. I will nod sagely and say that there's no other way of applying the law in such circumstances without falling foul of the General Round Avoidance Rules, or GRAR.

Best steer clear of tax, for many reasons. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    No - still away.

Hope Da'esh go wherever you're going and plague you with Shi'ite (see what I did there? Good eh) music and stamp on all the pork scratchings so you can't have any.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    No - still away.

Hope Da'esh go wherever you're going and plague you with Shi'ite (see what I did there? Good eh) music and stamp on all the pork scratchings so you can't have any.

I love a pork scratching. I would be mighty vexed if the emissaries of the caliphate were to stamp on my bag of scratchings. They'd probably spill my pint too, and I'd be forced to tut at them angrily and get V68 to buy some more while they ululate and fire their assault rifles into the air. Richmond has really gone downhill since I was last there.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    22nd works for me, but if either of you mention tax you're buying the next round.
    You coming Seano? does TLW need to visit the Hayes branch that day?
    It's a definite possibility :D I'm not getting involved in a whip if TLW1 is in!
  • veronese68
    It's Hopper's round, he mentioned tax. Stevo will agree because it saves him buying the round.