wednesday i vant mine crisp... unt light brown

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

had intended to go to gym, but laziness struck

office, espresso, maybe brekkie 2, bail early

had considered bunking off for a day or so, but the weather has degenerated to uk standard summer

stock up at waitrose, drink wine, then port
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, well Sungod the weather has improved the sun is shining,the wind has dropped and I'm off out for a ride this morning
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I prefer mine soggy.

Commute, work etc.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Bambini are still sound asleep so just having a coffee or two. Don't intend to leave the house today apart from to take der houndendog for a walk (nice and sunny) so loads of garden and chilling action I reckon.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in today and I saw a very rare sight ahead of me, a bicyclist on a road bike wearing lycra. He even had a number on his back, or should I say a target. So having despatched him with ease does this make me a hero? Should I enter that bicycle race in France that's coming up?
    Got to work and thought I'd have a cookie with my tea. Good plan I thought. Found something hard in said cookie, had a look and found half a tooth in it. That's disgusting I thought, they were supposed to be chocolate chips. Then I realised it was half of my front tooth. Ballcocks! This is going to be expensive.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in today and I saw a very rare sight ahead of me, a bicyclist on a road bike wearing lycra. He even had a number on his back, or should I say a target. So having despatched him with ease does this make me a hero? Should I enter that bicycle race in France that's coming up?
    Got to work and thought I'd have a cookie with my tea. Good plan I thought. Found something hard in said cookie, had a look and found half a tooth in it. That's disgusting I thought, they were supposed to be chocolate chips. Then I realised it was half of my front tooth. Ballcocks! This is going to be expensive.

Stop dramatising - it won't cost a penny.

Go to work kitchen. Throw Fairly liquid on the floor. Lie on floor. Scream in pain. Wander out holding tooth in hand. Say that you fell over due to a breach in health and safety/RIDDOR/COSHH - that jazz and that you'll sue unless work pay for dentistry.

Job jobbed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Or floss regularly
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    I could use a pipe cleaner rather than floss now. Maybe I could claim off work, my boss bought the cookies.
  • Matthewfalle
    glue the broken bit of the tooth to a sock full of snooker balls and beat him with it to learn him a lesson.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,

Re roadie despatch, yes, you are definitely a hero. You know this.

Re tooth, oooucch. Follow MF's advice for free dental treatment.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,

Re roadie despatch, yes, you are definitely a hero. You know this.

Re tooth, oooucch. Follow MF's advice for free dental treatment.

Which advice - the Fairy liquid or the sock full of snooker balls?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Fairy liquid.

Snooker balls would be retribution, and is only going to antagonise said boss. He'd spend all the firm's money on his own teeth, and V68 would be forever gappy.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I think you have a claim solely on the poor quality of the cookies. Unless you fancy whistling through the new found gap?

Anyway morning an what not poor quality coffee has been inhaled swivelling chair has been swivelled several times and people seem to have forgotten not to open emails from the International Bank of Nigeria for their degree in Ornithology or what ever it is this week. So it means it Wednesday again, huzzah! only 8hrs 17minutes remaining!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    I have very successfully super-glued bits of tooth back in as a temporary measure.

I prefer moist to soggy. There's not a lot a lot of traction to soggy.

Weather is good. I'm off pedalling, probably at the expense of everything else as I have no idea how I ma going to squeeze everything in today.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    quiet in gmc, just went out and had brekkie 2

running out of things to pass time, may need to look at some of my gmc todo list
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    I have very successfully super-glued bits of tooth back in as a temporary measure.

This.

I think I may even have special tooth glue in my big bag of tricks, but not sure. I have glue for gluing skin back together but not sure about teeth.

Depending on who is was, I'd probably just end up using duct tape to tell the truth. Or a sock filled with rocks if no snooker balls or hammers are to hand.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    I have the offending bit of tooth to glue back in for the time being. Just need to find some super glue now. I've got a fine lisp now. If I was half my height I'd be able to do a passable impression of Toyah Wilcox.
  • Matthewfalle

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Just had a muffin and thankfully didn't leave any teeth in there

Potato man is still on holiday which is disappointing, looks like m&s for lunch

Later is unplanned but the pub is calling, can I be good yet again
  • sungod
    toyah was ok, i remember a hand holding moment with her at a gig somewhere in camden town many moons ago

there there was an itv play she appeared in, memorable for much gratuitous nudity, which is all i remember about the play
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I recommend a pop rivet for the tooth. I'm sure you have some of those kicking about work, V68 :wink:

Trip #1 to ward C9 complete plus a trip to Primark (in half-term week - no-one can accuse me of not loving my daughter) to buy cheap PJs for transplant. Trip #2 scheduled for later today - afternoon or evening depending upon blood test results from trip #1.

I'm going to f**king hate Cambridge when all of this is over.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    Toyah. No smash.
    Good thing too, if my lithp turned you on I'd be nervouth. Thankfully lisp has gone as tooth has been glued back together for the time being. No rivets needed, not yet at least.
    MRS, the fact that you love your daughter is not in question. But going into Primark? She's asking too much of you. Is this a marrow transplant? Hope the blood tests say what you want them to.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    MRS, the fact that you love your daughter is not in question. But going into Primark? She's asking too much of you. Is this a marrow transplant? Hope the blood tests say what you want them to.

Good news on the tooth!

Yes - stem cell transplant I think is a more accurate description - though the result is getting bone marrow the same as someone else's. Thanks - seeing some neutrophils would be nice but it's otherwise pretty routine to see if she needs more platelets. We have to go in for antibiotics anyway.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • hopkinb
    Hound has been to the groomer. Bouffey. She seems very annoyed, and looks like she wants to roll in fox sh!te to regain her doggy dignity.

Raced a fatty (I.e. fatter than me) e-bikeist on the way home. Smashed it, left him for dust. Gassed myself somewhat in the process.

Ms hopkinb is out plotting with friends, so I'm sitting with mini hopkinb watching her favourite cr@p, then I have my eye on a smallish Hennessy with a Thornbridge Tzara chaser. Stepson with his pa, so bickering is not a thing this evening.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    Hound has been to the groomer. Bouffey. She seems very annoyed, and looks like she wants to roll in fox sh!te to regain her doggy dignity.

Raced a fatty (I.e. fatter than me) e-bikeist on the way home. Smashed it, left him for dust. Gassed myself somewhat in the process.

Ms hopkinb is out plotting with friends, so I'm sitting with mini hopkinb watching her favourite cr@p, then I have my eye on a smallish Hennessy with a Thornbridge Tzara chaser. Stepson with his pa, so bickering is not a thing this evening.
    Your stepson has his own personal assistant!? How the other half lives :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb wrote:
    Coincidentally our hound went in for a scalping yesterday and came out looking much thinner than before. Should be handy for the warm weather at least.

Pedalled in and back but that was the highlight of the day. Told some lawyers to stick their tax clearance for a deal up their arrises due to lack of advance warning and information. Pity as the female one is very good looking
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Your stepson has his own personal assistant!? How the other half lives :roll:

Heh heh. If only. A personal assistant might ensure he tidied his room, occasionally became acquainted with soap and water and did his homework as and when required.
  • meanredspider
    Back home before dark and at a time when it doesn't seem too silly to have a beer and a curry (though that last bit, written down, looks silly in itself)
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Coincidentally our hound went in for a scalping yesterday and came out looking much thinner than before. Should be handy for the warm weather at least.

Pedalled in and back but that was the highlight of the day. Told some lawyers to stick their tax clearance for a deal up their arrises due to lack of advance warning and information. Pity as the female one is very good looking

Ours just washed and brushed. Poodle crosses are great in that they don't shed, but she needs a good clipping every 3 months.

We don't do deals or indeed anything tax related any more. Just trying to unpick our loan portfolio, which has been booked and taxed wherever the front office felt like parking it. Mainly Lux.
  • hopkinb
    Back home before dark and at a time when it doesn't seem too silly to have a beer and a curry (though that last bit, written down, looks silly in itself)

Enjoy that beer and curry MRS. Lamb dhansak, tarka dhal and a couple of parathas for me please.
  • meanredspider
    hopkinb wrote:

Enjoy that beer and curry MRS. Lamb dhansak, tarka dhal and a couple of parathas for me please.

Thanks. Here, fill yer boots