£3000 to spend

arix36
arix36 Posts: 67
edited June 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys ive been saving for a year now and ive got just over £3000 to spend on a new bike iam seriously considering the yt jeffsy cf1. I manly ride my local forest trail centre atm but am looking to get on harder rides as my experience grows. My question is could i get a better bike than the jeffsy for my money it will be a 29er iam not changing my mind on that one as iam 6'3" so please don't let this turn into a wheel size thread its just about the bike please guys

Many thanks Anthony

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    YT is best bet for the money, been looking at similar price range myself. Whyte will be releasing a 150mm travel 29er but spec probably won't be as good.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Jeffsy is an OK bike but YTs customer service is terrible and delivery can be a bit hit or miss. It might take a few days or six months.
  • arix36
    The Jeffsy is an OK bike but YTs customer service is terrible and delivery can be a bit hit or miss. It might take a few days or six months.

So what would you suggest
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Rose Granite Chief or Whyte t130 would be my choices. Both are great value and very good bikes.
    I know a couple people similar height to you with these bikes who are very quick on them. Wheel size doesn't effect the fit of a bike in any way at all.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    bird 145 or air drop edit - wheel size is irrelevant to your height.

YT have great spec for the money but don't let that rule your purchase. if the spec was the same as the other bikes for the same cash would you still get the YT?
  • arix36
    Thanks guys I'll take a look at your suggestion's as for weather i would buy the jeffsy with slightly lower spec yes i think it is a really good looking bike.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    buying a bike on the way it looks isn't the way to go.
  • arix36
    POAH wrote:
    buying a bike on the way it looks isn't the way to go.

No i completely agree but surly the looks and spec list and favourable geometry all count toward the final decision
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Whyte T130rs would be the way I would go,I have a mate with an S version and he loves it,swapped bikes with him a couple of times,real nice all round bike and goes well when pointed down,the RS version is £450 more than the S but it has a big jump in spec
  • johnas7
    johnas7 Posts: 39
    ive never had any bother at all with YT customer service. Theyve answered all my emails within a day. I ordered my YT end of january last year. Said it would be in stock on the 30th march. It then turned up on the 31st march. :)
  • Whenever I see these type of threads "what bike 1k to spend" etc I always make a choice before I read on.

In this case, I thought YT before I read on and I still stick by it.

The Jeffsy is a great bike and its not about price. They are proven to be top choice in reviews etc and they look good. YT's service is good now and they get back to you quickly. The reason they struggled a couple of years ago was simply the business grew to quick.

Depending on much you will use it the AL version is a snip at under 2k so I wouldn't discount that.