Help With New Bike Purchase.

DonLykeB
DonLykeB Posts: 34
edited May 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hello,

I've recently purchased a new bike, and I'm picking it up on Thursday. Here's the bike. http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... -27-5-2016

My question is, is it a good bike. I know this will ultimately be down to whether I personally like the feel of it but spec wise is there anything better for the money, and would you consider this a decent or good mountain bike, bare in mind this bike was £650 through 2016 and has only reduced recently to clear stock.

My main uses will be riding through country side, light tracks and riding through town. Nothing crazy to justify a full suspension.

I am asking this because I see a lot of people claim 'Any bike under £1000 (Even Hardtails) are worthless)'.

TLDR: Is it a good bike, and will it last me through at least 5 years with proper maintenance.

Many Thanks Everyone :)

Comments

• simono5
    simono5 Posts: 42
    I had a Boardman Team a number of years ago. Think it was the 2011 model.

I didn't do anything too crazy, cross country and trails mainly with the odd commute.

The bike took all I threw at it and more. Absolutely no complaints.

Boardmans have a reputation as good value bikes so I'm sure it'll live up to your expectations.
  • TonyJams
    TonyJams Posts: 214
    Its a very good bike, especially if you got it at the reduced price. I haven't seen a duff boardman bike yet tbh, you really can't go wrong with them.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    TonyJams wrote:
    I haven't seen a duff boardman bike yet tbh, you really can't go wrong with them.
    The early FS (up to about 6 years ago) had big issues with frames cracking, but that is long since fixed.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.