Best route from Norfolk to Harrow

christiandransfield
christiandransfield Posts: 127
edited May 2017 in Road general
Hey everyone,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I might be going to Norfolk (Pulham St. Mary to be exact) on 24th June, and need to be in London (Harrow) on the 25th, so am tempted to cycle there, but am unsure what the best/safest route would be. Has anyone ridden this route before?

Any advice would be much-appreciated!

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,140
    Strava routes, select start point and end point and "use popularity" and it will pick the best route.
    I doubt very much you'll find regular Norwich to London commuters who have refined the route over months of usage!
  • Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    The problem with riding distances here abouts is the roads.

With no motorways and just one dual carriageway the A and B roads are pretty hairy with lots of big trucks and car drivers trying to overtake them.

The alternative is a network of lanes that are a pleasure to ride but a nightmare to navigate. Need sat nav to make a reasonable speed and some of the surfaces will be rough.

I'd take the train.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    You'll best need a GPS that allows for some kind of route planning / breadcrumbs - but I would head south via Harleston and then intercept and follow the Dunwich Dynamo route (in reverse). Then when you get to Epping Forest - find some local routes over to Harrow.