Should I be returning these Castelli shorts? Poor quality?

imafatman
imafatman Posts: 351
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
I bought some Castelli Evoluzione 2 shorts on the 6th of April - not even 2 months ago. I have ridden 1300km with them.

The sticky liner around the thigh has come away from the lycra on one side and is starting to peel off on the other side. The stitching is also starting to come away in several areas of the short.

These have been machine washed and hand washed. (Will hand wash 2-3 times and then machine wash)

Gwoiab4.jpg

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    The short answer is yes, you should..
  • scott5
    scott5 Posts: 83
    No gear should fall apart that quick
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Without a shadow of a doubt. Quality control was never Castelli's strong point but they do seem to have got worse lately...
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Do you really have to ask ?
  • Seams to be a problem
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Fenix wrote:
    Do you really have to ask ?

It's always possible that someone could say 'they're fine - carry on wearing them' ;)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Seams to be a problem

He's been badly stitched up.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    Maybe a stupid question in hindsight but I've never returned any pair of clothing before.... And perhaps thought I messed them up by machine washing them.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Rolf F wrote:
    Seams to be a problem

He's been badly stitched up.

Poor thread, this.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    imafatman wrote:
    Maybe a stupid question in hindsight but I've never returned any pair of clothing before.... And perhaps thought I messed them up by machine washing them.

I machine wash all my kit - none of it has fallen apart like this. Good quality kit shouldn't fall apart at the sight of a washing machine.

Send/take 'em back.