2»

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Webboo wrote:
    Andcp wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    ..still a shithole though :lol:
    I had a friend who theorised that due to its location, Hull was similar to the Galapagos Islands - evolved on it's own, separate from the rest of the world....
    Until the recent crisis in the Middle East and the influx of Eastern Europeans, the largest ethnic group other than white British in Hull was Chinese. The people who ran the takeaways.
    So you can imagine how culturally diverse it is, more people have been to Spain than Sheffield.
    It is flatter than Manchester though by a long stretch.

No not really, there has been Chinese Seamens Mission in Hull for a long time, more to do with it being a port than a love of takeaways.
    As it was Cantonese Chinese and from a local health census, I would think it might have a degree of accuracy.
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    Hull is quite flat
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Hull is a centre of culture too.

Does that mean you'd want to live there?
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    Hull is a centre of culture too.

Does that mean you'd want to live there?

I have lived there. It's not a centre of culture. If the people that gave it that title get their way it will be another Guardian reading twait town.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Although I work in Dull I rarely spend any time in the centre. Yesterday I took my grandson to the street life museum, I think it had the same exhibits as when I took his mum at the same age. You still can't go round the trawler tied up on the dock side for some reason. I have never seen so many empty shops in one place.
    However the homeless guy living in his tent with his dog outside one of the main shopping centres might be a talking point for visitors.
  • Until the 1500s people thought the whole earth was flat.
    :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Until the 1500s people thought the whole earth was flat.
    :)

Only because they hadn't yet invented the bicycle!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    Durham is a bit hilly, Newcastle is flattish, Sunderland slightly hilly, Carlisle seems flat.