edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, with espresso breaks, hoping for a peaceful week

maybe bail early, actually, let's face it, there's no maybe about it
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I think that formula will work Sungod, well it's stopped raining misty though, I've just checked my e mails back to work at the weekend
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bambini still asleep, TDV out with Der Hund, coffee just boiling on the stove, silence in Casa MF.

Lush.

Dark and gloomy outside but bambini want to go to town today to Edwyn's for various bits, so all cool. Apart from that, some coffee beans to grind and all rocks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nanny late, so wasting time here. Commute, look busy, make possibly spurious PPI claim, eat, look busy, commute, eat, gawp at telly. Gaaah.
  • WFH, #NoCyclingOn
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Car in for service first thing, then a long walk up to meet O/H for coffee. Was about 5 deg C this morning. Nippy.

Did house jobs, getting stuff sorted before a couple of weeks away starting soon.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    edited May 2017
    WFH, #NoCyclingOn

Yes it is - ITV4, watching it now. UK Tour series or whatever it's called.

Looks cold and wet and everyone falling off.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Very quiet chez V's this morning as I'm the only one that had to get up and go out as the kids are on half term and the Mrs has taken the week off. Bit blowy on the ride in this morning, but no rain so all was well.
    Good to see Spinner has time on his hands and can tell us how there winter weather is better than our summer. But now that HD has a new minion he is rarely on here, does he feel he has to act professional? Hopper has fitted right in I'm pleased to see. Sounds like the clearance is going pretty well Stevo, I'm dreading that day. My folks live in a large 4 bedroom house that's full of sh!t, the loft has more stuff in it than the whole of our place could hold. Hopefully MRS and Miss MRS are not stuck on the ward and are having something that resembles normality.
    That barsteward GazH never asked me if I'd been to Malta. I'm so hurt and offended I'm going to have another cup of tea.
  • Matthewfalle
    V: just out of interest, have you ever been to Malta?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    V: just out of interest, have you ever been to Malta?
    No, why do you ask?
  • Matthewfalle
    To make sure you don't - meant to be rubbish.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Very quiet chez V's this morning as I'm the only one that had to get up and go out as the kids are on half term and the Mrs has taken the week off. Bit blowy on the ride in this morning, but no rain so all was well.
    Good to see Spinner has time on his hands and can tell us how there winter weather is better than our summer. But now that HD has a new minion he is rarely on here, does he feel he has to act professional? Hopper has fitted right in I'm pleased to see. Sounds like the clearance is going pretty well Stevo, I'm dreading that day. My folks live in a large 4 bedroom house that's full of sh!t, the loft has more stuff in it than the whole of our place could hold. Hopefully MRS and Miss MRS are not stuck on the ward and are having something that resembles normality.
    That barsteward GazH never asked me if I'd been to Malta. I'm so hurt and offended I'm going to have another cup of tea.
    After the chilly start, it did manage to get to about 18 today. I was working outdoors all day in shorts, as you do.

My parents had their house on the market to sell for almost a year, with few serious buyers looking. The day the old man went to intensive care in hospital we got home to a note from the agent that it had sold. Dad passed away 6 days later. The contract settlement was unusually short too, only 4 weeks, so Mum & I had three left to arrange his funeral, and get the house cleaned out, AND figure out where the hell she would live.

My mother is (thankfully) extremely un-sentimental about stuff. What I didn't need was either given away to friends, sold on eBay, donated to local charity shops or just tossed out, but that still took a hell of a lot of effort. In a way, the time crunch we had was a blessing. Still the least fun 4 weeks of my life ever though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    I'll have a house full of clutter in a different country to sort - my parents are very sentimental so not hoarders but loads of stuff to clear, whereas I am an utter minimalist.

Not looking forward to it, so may just get a big skip or three .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to avoid it.
    Staying in an agrturismo in Tuscany this year. It's mainly a vineyard with an olive grove. I'm hoping they have some spaghetti trees. I've heard about them but never seen one, there should be loads of them though.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Staying in an agrturismo in Tuscany this year. It's mainly a vineyard with an olive grove. I'm hoping they have some spaghetti trees. I've heard about them but never seen one, there should be loads of them though.

There are various kinds of spaghetti trees - if they have their act sorted they will all be in separate groves, so it'll be well cool to see the various types in their natural habitat.

I don't think that they have spaghetti trees in Malta. In fact, I don't think that they have much in Malta.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    First things first.

1. I do not know what the constraints of computational logic has to do with Tuesday. I'm worried about Sungod.
    2. Nothing is a shyte as Wishaw.
    3. Dauphine soon.
    4. That GazH tosser has a lot to answer for.
    5. Hardest thing about clearing up a house after someone has passed away is all the triggers that remind you of them.
    It can really stop you in your tracks.
    6. Where is HD, has anyone seen him?

'A process is only as strong as it's weakest link'. I did the n/s calliper last Thursday and guess what? I need to do the o/s calliper very soon. Maybe later. Will have to collar an ex minion and pull in a favour so that he can work the brake pedal. If he can work the brake pedal.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    Pinno wrote:
    First things first.

1. I do not know what the constraints of computational logic has to do with Tuesday. I'm worried about Sungod.
    2. Nothing is a shyte as Wishaw.
    3. Dauphine soon.
    4. That GazH tosser has a lot to answer for.
    5. Hardest thing about clearing up a house after someone has passed away is all the triggers that remind you of them.
    It can really stop you in your tracks.
    6. Where is HD, has anyone seen him?

'A process is only as strong as it's weakest link'. I did the n/s calliper last Thursday and guess what? I need to do the o/s calliper very soon. Maybe later. Will have to collar an ex minion and pull in a favour so that he can work the brake pedal. If he can work the brake pedal.

Laters.

1 - delta zero decay through the strong interaction to proton and pion, i.e. stuff falling apart
    2 - not been to it, but i think there are worse
    3, 4, 5, 6 - yes
  • pinno
    2 - not been to it, but i think there are worse.

Only Cumbernauld is worse.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:

Oooh you lucky so & so. Whereabouts in Tuscany? I went 15 years ago in a previous life for three weeks - drove about a bit and visited Siena, Lucca, San Gimignano (in the evening after the tourist buses leave), Florence, Arezzo, Cortona, Citta di Castello, Volterra, Monteriggioni, Montepulciano. Food & wine & countryside (and the roads) are fantastic as I'm sure you know, and the architecture and Renaissance art are an excellent diversion in between meals. So many spaghetti trees you can't move for 'em.

Waaay better than my holiday in Tenerife on some all-inclusive resort. I am hoping to ride a hired bike up a volcano, that's as good as it gets. Maybe a few free hours reading a book as the sprogs do the kids club thing.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hopefully MRS and Miss MRS are not stuck on the ward and are having something that resembles normality.

Thanks V68. Would be nice. Escaped home just after midnight (8 hours to get a blood test, antibiotics and a platelet infusion). Back in at some point today.

Sent Mrs MRS a text last night "Long chat with Scandinavian lady doctor about her bum"

I might be in trouble today...

Beginning to think that this is harder than when my son had cancer and we haven't done the hard bit yet. Still, I'll be mentally bulletproof after all of this. Miss MRS will just be straightforwardly bulletproof.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    Can't imagine how hard that must be MRS. Was Scandi lady doctor wearing a lab coat? If so MF might lose his cool.
    To answer Mr H, going to Panzano in the Tuscan hills. I have a couple of friends in the area. One books out holiday villas and such like, the other runs a bar. Both very useful. We tend not to move around too much over there, very much a relaxing holiday with lounging interrupted by fine food and drinks.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Can't imagine how hard that must be MRS. Was Scandi lady doctor wearing a lab coat? If so MF might lose his cool.

Brutal and cruel, V68. I'm sure you know yourself that, as a parent, you'd take their place in a heartbeat. Witnessing your child suffering has to be one of the worst human experiences.

Thankfully she wasn't - we don't want MF spraying his shorts...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

Brutal and cruel, V68. I'm sure you know yourself that, as a parent, you'd take their place in a heartbeat. Witnessing your child suffering has to be one of the worst human experiences.
    Without a shadow of doubt. Nothing remotely resembling what you've been through or are going through but our daughter has been having headaches and dizzy spells for 18 months now. We know it's nothing serious, thankfully, but still...
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Sardinia's worth a shot though, so's Sicily, according to Hopkin
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    Pinno wrote:
    2 - not been to it, but i think there are worse.

Only Cumbernauld is worse.

cumbernauld is famously bad
  • veronese68
    Garry H wrote:
    Sardinia's worth a shot though, so's Sicily, according to Hopkin
    Went to Sardinia, there were scousers there. Been to Sicily, the old man had his wallet nicked on Mt Etna. Not the worst thing that could happen on Mt Etna I suppose.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    delta zero decay through the strong interaction to proton and pion, i.e. stuff falling apart

Δ0 → p+ + π-

Delta Brayon figure is 1232 MeV/c2 isn't it? digging into the depths of my particle physics/quantum theory stuff I did a couple years back. Had to look up the spin and iso spin figures though.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    delta zero decay through the strong interaction to proton and pion, i.e. stuff falling apart

Δ0 → p+ + π-

Delta Brayon figure is 1232 MeV/c2 isn't it? digging into the depths of my particle physics/quantum theory stuff I did a couple years back. Had to look up the spin and iso spin figures though.

Shuddup.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Shuddup.
    I didn't understand either, but I thought it best not to draw attention to the fact. Except I have now. D'oh!
  • pinno
    More comprehensible:

Seized brake hose and a seized brake Calliper slide pin and boy it was stuck.
    Managed to clean it up and get it to actually slide. Thought I might take the calliper off with the brake hose but the bracket holding the other end at the chassis was a little fragile (seemingly). Still got the hose off and it's back together and tickety boo.
    I even bled it! Yeah, honest.
    Slamming it in Park on account of no brakes seemed like an option but decided to get the thing that's supposed to work to actually work.
    I'll just keep an eye on where I park it to see if there's any drips.
  • veronese68
    Did you replace the pads to get the pin away from the worn bit?
    I hate sliding calipers.