Changing wheels - brake question

roof30
roof30 Posts: 58
edited June 2017 in Commuting general
I've just bought a set of Fulcrum 5 LG's to go on my Specialized Sirrus hybrid (2008 model). My bike came with the 8sp Sora groupset, and a fairly rubbish set of Tektro v brakes. My question is: will the Fulcrum 5s fit with v brakes as their website seems to suggest they're for caliper only?

http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/en/wheels/ ... acing-5-lg

Will have to return them if they don't fit, but am looking to upgrade my awful Alexrims S500 wheels that came with the bike, for something that weighs around the 1500 - 1600g mark.

Any advice or suggestions welcome.
Cannondale Synapse AL 105, Specialized Sirrus Comp

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    V brakes are calipers. They mean not disc compatible.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • roof30
    Thanks for your reply.
  • roof30
    All fitted to my hybrid, and feel amazing in comparison to the grim wheelset I had on. Also an overall loss of almost a kilo so can't be bad.

My next question is where do I source a spoke kit for these wheels? I can find spoke kits for Fulcrum 5's up to and including the 2013 models, but nothing for the 5LG set. Appreciate I may need to contact Fulcrum themselves but want to have the spoke kit just in case.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Fulcrum spoke prices are stupid, if you can find any. Only place I could find some for mine was the US.

I just bought Sapim CX Rays for mine (assume yours are bladed?) Probably much better than the originals.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • roof30
    cooldad wrote:
    Fulcrum spoke prices are stupid, if you can find any. Only place I could find some for mine was the US.

I just bought Sapim CX Rays for mine (assume yours are bladed?) Probably much better than the originals.

Yep, they're bladed spokes (look much cooler). Which length of Sapim did you go for as I think I'll try them?