monday does time exist, or is it merely order

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

soggy night, good weather appears to be departing, however, i shall ride, visit cafes, consume stuff, standards must be maintained

there is a non-zero probability that i shall then veg out
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , raining here and cooler , well summer was nice whilst it lasted
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Soggy night, dull and cloudy. Cuddle up on couch with Bambina, heading to a friend's crib in a bit. Apart from that, not a lot.

Oh - my knee hurts.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Spent the weekend in Shropshire with the GF in advance of a friend's wedding celebration yesterday. Didn't get home until 3am yesterday and I'm hungover today. Plus I'm at work. Lame.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Dentist for a bit of fix-up work this morning. Woohoo. Did some turbo-time this afternoon, just to remind myself how unfit I am.

I think the bar is open downstairs. 8)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Just threaded cable through Rival shifter for cx bike. Need to sit down now and watch junior bake off.

Front mech to set up, initial trim of steerer and off we go to fall off bedding in pads.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Damp BBQ with brother and brood here in Cov, then no doubt damp drive back home, for unpacking, bickering and domestic disharmony. Then back to work while the sprogs holiday activities are subcontracted to sundry others. Maybe a PPI claim will free me from all this. Must text "winner" to the next PPI spammer.
  • hopkinb
    and off we go to fall off bedding in pads.

Endo practice. Wicked.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Herro evelybody peeps

Damp here too. Need to find a colour scheme for the Cloakroom toilet, so tile searching is on.
    Not as simple as it would seem as I plan to tile the utility room, kitchen and upstairs bathroom. Including floors so don't want a major colour clash. Or maybe I do 'cos that's the contemporary way. Not that I like it.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Its grey and damp up in the North East, but it doesn't matter too much as I'm spending the day making inroads into sorting my folks house out. Been at it over 2 hours so have stopped for a coffee.

Trying to break this down into manageable bits otherwise my head might explode given the amount of stuff there is. Not sure I can face going in the loft this time round... At least I'll have some back up for the next few trips up when some lifting and shifting is required. For now its clothes and small stuff but this is still going to take ages as they can't have chucked anything away for at least 20 years.

On the plus side the fridge is well stocked with food n drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Dentist for a bit of fix-up work this morning. Woohoo. Did some turbo-time this afternoon, just to remind myself how unfit I am.

You have a bar in your house; or just lucky enough to live above one?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    roads rather damp, enough to spray up cack, small glass arrowheads embedded in tubs, hopefully not deep enough to have reached carcass, loaned pump to stranded punctured person as my good deed for the day

just had another veggie samosa and chilli sauce at the cafe, i think i am addicted, just one and that was it, hooked, they are worse than crack
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You have a bar in your house; or just lucky enough to live above one?

Not an actual bar, but there is the traditional bell to signal drinkies hour. Well, I say bell, but actually it's a Buddhist temple gong from the 17th C. One dong and it's down tools and pour a tipple. Or in the words of Captain Goodvibes, "Sun's up, time for a gin and tonic"... (Not in winter though, this is whisky weather).

We may not really be civilised out here in the colonies, but we can fake it every now and then, ya know?!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Fork me, reading this fills ME with despair :shock: :)
    'Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero’

‘Seize the day, put little trust in tomorrow'
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. The joy of teenagers is we get a bit of time to ourselves in the morning. Wife and girlchild are off shopping whilst I potter doing odd jobs and the lad gets on with a bit more revision. He was out all night but was back on time and isn't hungover.
    Enjoy the drive back Hopper, I'm sure there won't be any traffic. We had a biblical downpour driving home last night, interesting spot of aquaplaning on the A30 at one point. Got it all back together without too much drama, made the Mrs jump though. Told her it was her fault for making me visit her sister.
  • Matthewfalle
    Uh-ho: looks like Pinno has been down to my neck of the the woods again......

http://www.pembrokeshire-herald.com/351 ... oking-man/

Gaz: you got that long bow to yet? Looks like it might be needed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Don't remember agreeing for Hayden to visit Shropshire

Chilled day after last nights excess, gentle run into town to pick up the car, then dropped kids off at theatre club which is wrong on a bank holiday

So making the most of it with a walk and then pub lunch
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:

Chilled day after last nights excess, gentle run into town to pick up the car, then dropped kids off at theatre club which is wrong on a bank holiday

Don't run. It will break your knees. Use your bicycle. Or just get so shiiitted at lunch that you pass out on a bench in your own vomit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Watching Cars curled up with the Bambini as it rains outside.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TLW1 wrote:

Don't run. It will break your knees. Use your bicycle. Or just get so shiiitted at lunch that you pass out on a bench in your own vomit.

Lot less running and more bikes soon

Will probably in contact for training advice
  • Matthewfalle
    That's my plan as well - going to get right back into the bikes and sack all running off. Cycling used to do enough cardio for me to blitz off any running I had to do without smashing my knee to bits, so same plan again.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...this is whisky weather...

ROFL

I can't go anywhere these days.

Me sorted bannister and old plasterboard me at PPP ready for... I think... some nice detail lapping and eggshell and a single wooden hand rail. You know that thing: K.I.S.S. .

Weather is pants. It's paying me back for that 'hot desk' comment. After all it was aimed at sungod.
    I'll have him.

Don't worry Stevo, it took me the best part of 4 months to sort out the house and belongings. Managed to get a secure garage for peanuts rent. That helped. In fact, I have only very recently taken the last of the stuff out.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    TLW1 wrote:

Must have missed that one, I sought the correct permissions. Stayed near Church Stretton, fannied about it Ludlow, Much Wenlock and Iron Bridge over the last few days then the wedding malarky yesterday. I've noticed atleast since Christmas that I can't drink more than a couple of pints of ale without needed to stay very close to a toilet for the next few days, my stomach feels dreadful at the moment even though the hangover feels like it's passing.

Depending on your point of view, some might call this a good night...

18740251_10155091296140659_526585363639915703_n.jpg?oh=0a7aecdd28f2b25a906d3b7cae963ef8&oe=599E3A0D
  • hopkinb
    Knackered after a long weekend. What a load of bollox. At least the drive home was reasonable.

Massive kerfuffle at my bruv's, as my stepson released some kind of killer virus thing into my niece & nephew's painstakingly constructed Minecraft world, "to gain XP". First we knew of it was the tears of 9 year old niece as her work was gobbled by this monster. Bruv started swearing that games consoles were the work of the devil and he would chuck it all in the bin, as Ms hopkinb unleashed full screeching harpie hell on her son. The stepson can be more than a bit dim sometimes.

I have tramp strength Brewdog Mr President to take the edge off. I'll be glad to be back on the bike tomorrow, even though work can suck my balls. Maybe the long way home if weather permits.
  • pinno
    Well you did frequent Coventry.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Well you did frequent Coventry.

I know. I've been gone 25 years, but mother and brother remain, so I kind of feel obliged. Useful staging post to all points North and West.

Stepson doing penance, being forced to write an apology card. It's like torture for him.
  • pinno
    I bet your loving that.

Can we have some pics of his frowny face?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Don't worry Stevo, it took me the best part of 4 months to sort out the house and belongings. Managed to get a secure garage for peanuts rent. That helped. In fact, I have only very recently taken the last of the stuff out.
    No worries matey, I've made surprisingly good progress today. All clothes and shoes now round at my old dears care home or bagged up and ready for the charity people. Photos sorted and boxed. Even had a peek in the loft and there's naff all in there thankfully.

Heavy lifting and furniture shifting scheduled for 2 weeks time when a mate with time on his hands is coming up with me. Helps having a second reception room to use as a sorting and temp storage room.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...a mate with time on his hands is coming up with me...

He must be from Boro'. The going rate is £5 per hour and a bag of chips.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    I bet your loving that.

Can we have some pics of his frowny face?

He's done, and flounced off to bed in a pre teen huff.

nintchdbpict000164348150.jpg
  • pinno
    A 'pre-teem huf'?! The future doesn't bode well.