What is this Road bike I got? Any Good? Scott brand

itaa
itaa Posts: 61
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
was looking to get a cheap roadbike just to see what's its all about, saw a random auction locally and placed a small autobid and went away , didn't thought I will get it, but I got it for not really much monies.

Now I'm trying to do some research about it what I got and I'm in dead end as I can't find anything really about it.
The only reason why I placed the bid was because the guy said it has shimano 105 groupset,however I have no idea what I even really got and if it's worth anything?

Seems like a weird bike, probably a bit dated? and it has some weird stuff on the steering added or it's supposed to be like that? The guy had written that he had used it for indoor turbotrainer - is that weird stuff on its front for that and can it be removed or those are the gear shifters? I'm honestly clueless as I know nothing about road bikes, all I knew that Scott was decent brand and that 105 groupset is good as well :D

Anyone can shed some light whatever its any good and about how much is it worth used and about how old is it?
I don't think it has a model number all it says is - SCOTT Team Issue TT

Here are the pics:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Thanks.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    edited May 2017
    It's a Time Trial bike rather than a road bike and yes, quite old.
    Probably worth about £75
    To get it like a road bike would need new bars, shifters and cables. More than that bike is worth.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The bits on the front are tri bars and the gears are there too. So if you take them off you'll have to buy new gear levers.

It's basically an older​ triathlon bike I think. Looks good though.

Take up triathlon to get your money's worth.
  • itaa
    itaa Posts: 61
    Well seems like I have got the wrong bike than :D
    before this I didn't even knew what is even a time trial bike , I spent all of 20 sec looking at the listing before dropping a random auto bid and going away, should have researched more :D in those 20sec I thought that those front weird stems are some things the guy has used to keep his hands on while he uses it in the stationary trainer.

Yes I'm a retard.. :D
    Thanks guys.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    It's on the turbo the wrong way around too. The roller should be behind the bike.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Doesn't look like that tyre's had a lot of use on the turbo anyway. Maybe because the guy had the turbo wrong ? Not sure how it would ride.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    itaa wrote:
    Well seems like I have got the wrong bike than :D
    before this I didn't even knew what is even a time trial bike , I spent all of 20 sec looking at the listing before dropping a random auto bid and going away, should have researched more :D in those 20sec I thought that those front weird stems are some things the guy has used to keep his hands on while he uses it in the stationary trainer.

Yes I'm a retard.. :D
    Thanks guys.

Nah - no bike is a wrong bike.

Bars from somewhere like PX in the clearance - tenner.

Tenner on cables.

Second hand shifters.

Sorted. Pretty cool ride. You could sell the TT bar and shifters and levers and recoup your money.

Even go single speed to make it all even cheaper.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.