Help me fix Garmin Express PLEASE!!

bungle73
bungle73 Posts: 758
edited May 2017 in Road general
GE has gone tits up. Needed to do a reinstall, and when I plugged in my Garmin my PC completely crashed and started making a whineing noise! I Now GE isn't working at all, and I can't reinstall it as it isn't showing up in the list of programs, and the installer just keeps insisting that it's already installed.....even when I've tried deleting everything Garmn related from the registry, until I got fed up of going through what seems like hundreds of entries one by one. Help!

Comments

• rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    System restore, pick a date prior to your problems....

Hopefully job jobbed
  • bungle73
    Rollemynot wrote:
    System restore, pick a date prior to your problems....

Hopefully job jobbed

It wasn't on. Apparently MS decided not make it on by default these days. :roll:
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    GE chuffed about for me this morning too. Said my 500 wasn't connected but the display said charging. I left it alone and it sorted itself out.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    What version of Express are you on?
    5.4.1.0 is the latest on mine as of last week... but just noticed 5.5.0.0 is on offer.... is this the one that went skewy?
  • bungle73
    JGSI wrote:
    What version of Express are you on?
    5.4.1.0 is the latest on mine as of last week... but just noticed 5.5.0.0 is on offer.... is this the one that went skewy?
    The latest version. But it doesn't matter now as I was given a solution on another forum, so thanks, anyway.

But now I have another problem! It won't let me sign in using my Facebook account! It keeps complaining that cookies are not enabled in my browser! I don't know what it's talking about, as I'm not using a browser! This thing is beginning to piss me off.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I recently found out that I can't upload courses from Garmin Connect from google chrome.
    I now use Internet Explorer with some success now.
  • bungle73
    De Sisti wrote:
    I recently found out that I can't upload courses from Garmin Connect from google chrome.
    I now use Internet Explorer with some success now.

Never had that problem, but I haven't even got that far yet; as I say, I can't even sign in.