Bike fit question

pirnie
pirnie Posts: 242
edited June 2017 in Road general
Hi all,

I'm trying to recreate the fit set for me on my bike when I had a retul fit a year or so back. I have the report but was wondering how everyone would interpret the phrase "centre of saddle profile"

The seat height measurement is recorded as "bb to centre of saddle profile" so this measurement (and a lot of the others) rely on this point and I'm not sure where this means to measure to.

Anyone know the official position of this, or where would you interpret it as?

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Profile is another way of saying 'side on', so my guess is it means half the length of the saddle.
  • pirnie
    Imposter wrote:
    Profile is another way of saying 'side on', so my guess is it means half the length of the saddle.

Yeah, that was my best guess too. I'm assuming on the surface of the saddle as well?
  • Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Why don't you ask the guy who did the fit, no guess work that way
  • pirnie
    Mickyg88 wrote:
    Why don't you ask the guy who did the fit, no guess work that way

Why didn't I think of that?!?... :|
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    If you have the same model of saddle then the relative distances shouldn't change. If you have a different shape and size of saddle with different padding density then this will have some impact on fit depending on where in the saddle you tend to position yourself whilst riding.

I have the same saddle on each bike for this reason.....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • pirnie
    Just for anyone else looking for the answer to this, I got in contact with the fitter who confirmed you measure the length of the saddle and then take the half way point on the surface.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    all my bikes have the same saddle , setback , seat height and reach / drop to the hoods taking into account different crank lengths/ stems/ bar reach etc .
    A tape measure and a plumb bob takes me a few minutes to copy fit from one bike to another once i have these measuremets recorded and know what i need to change .
    new bike had the same geometry as my old one but i needed an extra 20 mm stem reach as the bars are very short reach .
    FCN 3/5/9