Revolve 24

dannbodge
dannbodge Posts: 1,152
Hello.

Is anyone on here taking part in Revolve 24 at Brands Hatch in a few weeks?

I'm doing it in a team of 6 and can't wait.

I've had a quick search and didn't find anything.

Comments

• joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    I'm in a team of 4 this year. We haven't really planned our approach yet, but taking 60-90 minutes turns on the track, allowing 3-4.5 hours between turns to rest, refuel, etc seems to be favoured. My personal plan is to go as fast as I can for the duration of my turns. Right now that'd be 17mph average, but hopefully will be faster by the time it comes around.
  • Gavinus
    Gavinus Posts: 14
    If you want to push yourself try for the RAAM qualifying distance of 350 miles.

Based on last years results (http://revolve24.com/race-tracking-and-results) somewhere around 260 is average.
  • joenobody
    oxoman wrote:
    Will just have to keep googling and see what turns up.
    Have you tried asking on the FB page/group?
  • I did the 6hr endurance last year & managed 95 miles which is just shy of 16mph.

Brands Hatch is very very hilly though and that does take it's toll on you.

Going to do the 6hr endurance again this year, hoping to crack around 105-110 miles this time now I know what to expect.
  • dannbodge
    Forgot I made this thread.

Yes I did it and I am doing it again this year.

We did it in a team of 6 and started by doing 1hr shifts, followed by 30min ones as it approached the afternoon as we had family/friends to entertain. We also got there on the friday, which meant after hours we had pretty much free roam of the entire track. We walked around it that evening with a beer.

We came 37th overall, 2nd in our category (teams of 6) and did 166 laps all together. I averaged around 18mph for my laps.

If you are interested (http://revolve24.com/race-tracking-and-results) we were team 184 (Sprocket Rockets).

It was awesome though, such a good laugh and everyone is really friendly. I managed to get 2 hours sleep in the back of my car. The best thing was that the laps are pretty much just intervals, you end up miles fitter at the end.

This year there is 5 of us, which means more saddle time and I'm hoping to break into the 6 min lap time (7:30 was my fastest last year)

Edit: Have a few pics

My German hotel:
    kM1M6ko.jpg

Our Campsite:
    pGIZzl7.jpg

Our team in kit:
    Df0eZnO.jpg

Bikes racked and ready:
    FcrEdSi.jpg

About 1am that night:
    2AdxLKF.jpg

6am:
    ganjHuT.jpg

Mr Kenny paid us a visit and signed my Jersey which was cool:
    SSentsw.jpg

Me deep into the red along Cooper straight on one of my last runs.
    DY3RqSF.jpg

If anyone is interested, My last Strava recording of it:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/708734617
  • joenobody
    Dannbodge wrote:
    Bikes racked and ready:
    FcrEdSi.jpg
    Did you lock your bikes? The info out from the organiser is suggesting to have a lock...
  • dannbodge
    JoeNobody wrote:
    Dannbodge wrote:
    Bikes racked and ready:
    FcrEdSi.jpg
    Did you lock your bikes? The info out from the organiser is suggesting to have a lock...

Nope. We were all milling around at that point so didn't bother.
    Once the race was underway, it started raining so we moved them all into the garage and closed the door.

They suggested locks last year too but I never saw anybody with one.
  • joenobody
    Dannbodge wrote:
    They suggested locks last year too but I never saw anybody with one.

Out of interest, how did you split the riding across your team? We're planning a mix of 30, 45, 60 and 90 minute stints, with the longer sessions through the night, but I'm wondering if that's a bad idea even if it does allow more sleep time?
  • dannbodge
    As a team of 6 we did 1 hr stints up until midday sunday, when we switched to 30mins to try and smash some PBs (and we had friends/family there)
    We had the team rule that you had to be in the garage an hour before you were due on, along with another team member being there (in case of an issue with the one on track and one for company). That gave us all 4 hours off during the night, which was plenty (I got no more than 2 hrs sleep and survived)

I wouldn't want to do any more than 1hr in one go though.
  • joenobody
    Dannbodge wrote:
  • dannbodge
    JoeNobody wrote:
    Dannbodge wrote:

How did you get on?
  • Dannbodge wrote:
    How did you get on?
    We came 35th overall, 18th in cat (team of 4, male), with 182 laps and 443 miles. I managed 39 laps (95 miles) and almost 2 hours of sleep :shock: No accidents, mechanicals or visits from the fairy. I avoided the rain, although did catch the early morning fog.

We worked a 45 min schedule, riding 1 2 3 4 until just after midnight when we swapped to 1 2 1 2, 3 4 3 4 to allow the chance for a little more sleep.

It was a blast, although not something I plan to repeat for a while ;)
  • dannbodge
    JoeNobody wrote:
    Dannbodge wrote:
    How did you get on?
    We came 35th overall, 18th in cat (team of 4, male), with 182 laps and 443 miles. I managed 39 laps (95 miles) and almost 2 hours of sleep :shock: No accidents, mechanicals or visits from the fairy. I avoided the rain, although did catch the early morning fog.

We worked a 45 min schedule, riding 1 2 3 4 until just after midnight when we swapped to 1 2 1 2, 3 4 3 4 to allow the chance for a little more sleep.

It was a blast, although not something I plan to repeat for a while ;)

Good job!

We came 62nd I think. Were originally a 6 that dropped to 4 and then after my 4th hour stint I had to pull out leaving us as a 3.

I managed 33 laps (I think) and my fastest was a 6:09.

This year I managed an hour sleep, on a chair in the media centre :lol:

We're doing it again next year, this time as a 6 again and I'm looking at going sub 6 mins.