edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym office, cafes, veg

good weather continuing, strawberries now, pineapple later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Off to the dentist again shortly, hopefully less pain than expense. Then off to work. Then off out tonight for free booze and food in return for standing up and talk in for 5 minutes. Not bad on an hourly basis.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In sunny South Wales - decent drive in a decent time. Still recovering from the pub last night where we went for pre dinner drinks and I had water
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    TLW1 wrote:
    I had water
    Right, I've had enough of this. Who are you and what have you done with TLW?

Traditional Thursday morning hangover is in evidence here. Sat in the pub garden last night enjoying the warm weather, unfortunately the warmth also brought out little bitey things. So we encouraged the smoker in our group to try and keep the little buggers away.
    Lovely and sunny down here, would have been a lovely ride in but I had to drive as the EPO twisted her ankle yesterday so I drove in so I can pick her up on the way home. The house smelt very good last night as she was baking more pecan muffins for her work cake club. Unfortunately I bought too many ingredients so she had to make more for us to have at home. Damned shame.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing, nicked my face with my razor this morning right on the tip on my lower lip so stings like buggery this morning an I couldn't find the allum stick either.

Hot an toasty one this morning, desk fan deployed and images of cold alcoholic beverages are floating around my head. only 12 hours of fun today then I can enjoy the late evening light and some form of liquid refreshment.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The house smelt very good last night as she was baking more pecan muffins for her work cake club. Unfortunately I bought too many ingredients so she had to make more for us to have at home. Damned shame.

Are security measures in place yet?

Lovely ride in. Whatever I did to the bike last night has stopped the squeaking. Sunshine, victory in a quick race with a chap from commuting and then a female roadie initiated a conversation with me at a red light by Elephant and Castle. I don't think a woman has ever started a conversation with me, let alone on the commute. Things can only go downhill from here. :D
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    My Friday for the week. So coffee bagel, clear the desk, go home cycle, cycle some more tomorrow in the peaks.

hard life.

Good move V68.
    Sure she was female Hopk?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    Flâneur wrote:

Yep. 100%. I found myself tongue-tied and acting more like a socially inept buffoon than usual, so she must have been female.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    No hint of an adams apple or large hands?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Yep. 100%. I found myself tongue-tied and acting more like a socially inept buffoon than usual, so she must have been female.

Any nork pics?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Ciao

Glorious day but had to drive in so took the nice car that doesn't smell of wet dog/Old sandwiches crushed into back seats/general kinder schizer. Now just having coffee and chillin'.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    McNing, nicked my face with my razor this morning right on the tip on my lower lip so stings like buggery this morning an I couldn't find the allum stick either.

All I'm stick. How communter.

Piece of toilet paper. Stick it on. Job jobbed, spotty dog.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Are security measures in place yet?
    Yep, but I'm not going to tell you what they are. Also told the Mrs her muffins were the subject of debate on here and to keep an eye open for strange men in lycra loitering in the area.
    Glad you fixed the squeak. Hopefully it will stay fixed.
    Our main courier company didn't collect last night. So we have 3-400 disappointed customers. Bloody irritating as it means I'm going to have to talk to some of them. Better start making phone calls to pre-empt the complaints later.
  • hopkinb
    Nope. Female sounding voice. Pink rapha backpack.

Stop p!ssing on my chips! A lady roadie spoke to me - asked me if I was going somewhere nice as I looked like I was off for a ride. I said nope, just that I take in all my stuff on a Monday morning hence no backpack. Then we wished each other a good day when I turned off. 8) :lol:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Any nork pics?

Soz, didn't think to fish the phone out and take nork pics. Next time perhaps.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Any nork pics?

Soz, didn't think to fish the phone out and take nork pics. Next time perhaps.

You can tell he's a newbie around here ........ priorities my son.

Next thing you'll be telling us about riding your bicycle while plugged into a computer and thinking that we care. In which case you'd be wrong, because zero plucks are given.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Don't listen to MF he loves to hear about indoor training and indoor riding. He doesn't shut up about it
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I don't think a woman has ever started a conversation with me, let alone on the commute. Things can only go downhill from here. :D

You have two options never talk to her again which will create an air of mystique and elusiveness or make a fool of yourself next time when you become over bearing, dribble and fumble over your words.

Personally, I used to just follow them for a while, run them over and then chuck them in the back of the van.

Me on bog watch. So far so good after taking some stuff and being on fluids all day yesterday. At the library 'cos my broadband is playing up and all my account details are on-line. I hope I can get it fixed before today's Giro stage as it could be interesting.
    If not, i'll break in next door and get their internet login key.

Scotch mist this morning. It's clearing now and it is rather nice. What's it like over there Gazza?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    I didn't say that. I always get chatted up by womenfolk on the way to work, it's a regular occurrence.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Bit of scotch mist at 5.30, all lovely again now.
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:
    Don't listen to MF he loves to hear about indoor training and indoor riding. He doesn't shut up about it

I must admit that it is a (secret) weak spot of mine: watts, ftp, swift, sufferfest, power meters and good old fashioned smash yourself apart turbo training. I love it. I actually have a set up in the garage that links to my big television and stereo speakers.

I just say that I don't as I want to seem like a rebel.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    hopkinb wrote:
    Lovely ride in. Whatever I did to the bike last night has stopped the squeaking. Sunshine, victory in a quick race with a chap from commuting and then a female roadie initiated a conversation with me at a red light by Elephant and Castle. I don't think a woman has ever started a conversation with me, let alone on the commute. Things can only go downhill from here. :D
    We're both in tax and both ride in via The Elephant & Castle. Spooky. I've never been chatted up at The elephant, mind you - I'm usually pedalling too quickly to get TF out of there.

No pain and not too much cost this morning so back into the office routine for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Wear a wig and lippy for Hopkins Bob tomorrow Stevo please*? It'll do his ego a world of good.

*Like you do in Wales.

Swapped the ADSL filter. Bingo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Just been to do Vo2, wattage and FTP tests.

Chillin' now before before Zwift race this evening. It's gonna rock! The team I've joined are well fast - just hoping I can keep up.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    We're both in tax and both ride in via The Elephant & Castle. Spooky. I've never been chatted up at The elephant, mind you - I'm usually pedalling too quickly to get TF out of there.

No pain and not too much cost this morning so back into the office routine for now.

If you ride up the CS7 to get to Elephant then we have even more in common.

"Chatted up" would be something of a wild overstatement. "Spoken to" would be much closer to the truth, but for this 43 year old with something of a "sprinter's physique", I'll take anything I can get.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    school sports day

wow ... I used to think it was winning that counted .... then I was brainwashed to believing it was taking part that mattered ...... now I realise that just turning up is good enough, hell you don't even need to wear the correct colour
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Swapped the ADSL filter. Bingo.
    Gut rot sorted now then?
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

"Both in tax" - blimey, I bet thats fun over a pint.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Anyone interested in my results from lunchtime?

Also started to hydrate and carb up before tonight's race - hoping to peak properly plus have enough glucogen to combat lactate.

Gels x2 : check
    Energy drink x2: check
    Energy bars x2: check

Ready to go!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Anyone interested in my results from lunchtime?

Also started to hydrate and carb up before tonight's race - hoping to peak properly plus have enough glucogen to combat lactate.

Gels x2 : check
    Energy drink x2: check
    Energy bars x2: check

Ready to go!

I find myself needing more lactogen to combat the glucate these days. I think that's because my FTP is in the low thousands, and I broke the whole Zwift the only time I tried it. I also can't go on a turbonator because I screw up the rotation of the planet, such is my power. Look upon my quads, ye mighty, and despair.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Summer's here :D Saw Alec Stewart and Brian Moore this morning in Wimbledon although not together. I must admit I was rather envious of Alec's tanned legs, so I bought myself a matching pair of Alec's boat shoes to cheer myself up :D Long weekend beckons.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי