Giro 2017: Stage 17: Tirano – Canazei 219 km *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    The Pierre Rolland energy wasting attack being deployed yet?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    philbar72 wrote:
    The Pierre Rolland energy wasting attack being deployed yet?
    Yep he's 12s off the front as we speak
  • bobmcstuff
    18s now
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,508
    Looks like he has enough as no one wants to chase.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
  • bobmcstuff
    By golly I think he's got it
  • bobmcstuff
    Well they have to pull back more than 1s every 100m to get him now.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    About time for Cannondale. They deserve it
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,873
    PTP heaven! A disasterous Giro rescued by a Rolland win!
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Dorset Boy wrote:

:D
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Its interesting seeing the live speed and power data and putting the pro riders into context. Them doing upto 35km/h uphill is insane, they make it look like an effortless recovery ride yet they're outputting silly power figures between 400 and 500w, which is more than I could do for a short max effort out of the saddle gasping for air.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    inseine wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Just got back to my desk and that is exactly how I feel! Whoop Whoop... and I'd argue this is Cannondale's first proper win in two years (not that ToC win last week).
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,058
    Yates drops out of the top 10...
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    FFS, Rui Costa beaten on a Rui Costa stage again!
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Holy shehomets did Cannondale just win a GT stage
  • Enjoyed that, was great to see Cannonade win again, the emotion on Rolland's face was great.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Chapeau Rolland ... folks give him sh!t for some reason but he's never been on a big team but always on our screens somehow so deserves more respect ... polka shorts aside ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,223
    dish_dash wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Just got back to my desk and that is exactly how I feel! Whoop Whoop... and I'd argue this is Cannondale's first proper win in two years (not that ToC win last week).

Agreed.
  • rick_chasey
    type:epyt wrote:
    Chapeau Rolland ... folks give him sh!t for some reason but he's never been on a big team but always on our screens somehow so deserves more respect ... polka shorts aside ...

If they guy even had 30% of Dan Martin's sense of when to attack, he'd had had multiple stage wins in multiple grand Tours by now
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Until last year, Rolland, and his stupid teethy big ring twit attacks really irritated me. Then I listened to JV wang on about him admiringly on Cycling Podcast and I decided to like him.
    Now it seems that he's put his teeth away and stopped being a bellend... et voila! I enjoyed that win as much as I inversely didn't enjoy watching Nibali win yesterday...
  • rick_chasey

If they guy even had 30% of Dan Martin's sense of when to attack, he'd had had multiple stage wins in multiple grand Tours by now

Well, by this i mean more than he has now.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766

Agreed, he seems to go long far more often than his legs seem to suggest he is capable ... Not sure Dan Martin is the best example of smart riding though ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224

Agreed, he seems to go long far more often than his legs seem to suggest he is capable ... Not sure Dan Martin is the best example of smart riding though ...
    Or unteethiness.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Is it me or does Rolland remind you of Charly Mottet?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    oops