4iiii Precision..not so precise

Addnan
Addnan Posts: 5
edited May 2017 in Road general
I've contacted customer service and am awaiting replies, so in the mean time thought I would ask in a forum.

Has anyone had massively inaccurate readings on the 4iiii precision. I have latest firmware, zeroed it, etc. Used it on a trainer last night after installing and thought the numbers don't looks right. No human can spin at 1000w barely breaking a sweat. This morning I took it outside to test and when I put down a tiny bit of power was at 2490w, flat road and it was 33.8km/h. Just easily spinning on an easy gear say 50/23 it was going from 700-1000.

Is this just broken and I need it replaced? or anything else I should be testing?

MpseRvr.png

Comments

• buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    Yeah, those numbers are way off. I'd send it back to wherever you bought it from.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Sounds like a dodgy device.

I have a 4iiii on both bikes and not had one issue.
    Not even one spike! Very pleased with them and seem far more reliable than the p1s I had previously.

Sounds like you've just been unlucky with your device.
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    Definitely broken. I had the same issue with my Stages meter. Eventually it just stopped working.

In comparison my 4iiii has been perfect, touch wood.

If you have purchased this retail within 14 days then just take it straight back for a replacement.
  • Addnan
    Addnan Posts: 5
    Thanks for confirming what I was thinking guys. Headed to the post office :(. Was so excited running from work yesterday to test this thing!
  • Either that or give Sir Dave Brailsford a call
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    replace the battery.
    took the battery out and replaced and it worked fine again.
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    That's either a failed calibration or you didn't calibrate it.

If you can't get it to calibrate (ie. return code 10) it's a return.