sungod Posts: 16,434
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, dentist, followed by wfh/skive i think, with cafes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunshine stain the decking again, bike ride, then I have to go into work this afternoon
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Early start as I need to get away handy later, so didn't even use the m6 toll this morning

Lunch is a jp and later is the neighbour coming over for dinner with freshly imported wine after he flew to Holland for lunch then stopped in France for wine on Saturday - hope but doubt that my retirement will be like that
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sounds like a nice gig he has there TLW.

Coffee time, may go the pub with work people later, may go cycle again
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    lovely single speed ride to work ..... something so much less stressful about the single speed .... quite chilled at work now, shame that wont last
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Lovely and sunny day again, pleasant ride in to work as well. A bit calmer than my usual Wednesday mornings today. Got a few things to sort out today, but nothing too stressful. The only fly in the ointment is the fact that customers will probably start bothering me any minute now.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Shite ride in, everyone parked their cars on my route in and honked at each other while blocking up junctions.

Busy day ahead unfortunately. Pointless hamster wheel cr@p.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Not a pleasant day yesterday went to Manchester to help move one of the customer sites that's within cat swinging distance from the arena.
    One of our managers hit on the idea of handing out bottled water to some of the hundreds of officers up there little gesture but they were genuinely grateful being stood in full gear in the sun is not pleasant.

Quiet day today though back down in softie land much keyboard bashing and expletives to be uttered during the day. May see some more gimmers of sunshine after work but I'm down in the bunker today so I'll only see it if I tap into a site CCTV.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Still chuckling at the sight of the GF last night trying to get on her bike with her new SPDs and falling straight over the other side with her hands still on the bars. I checked she was laughing before I joined in though, my life wouldn't be worth living otherwise and the NC500 would be out of the window...

Today will mostly be work with the prospect of cycling later. Could be worse
    Step83 wrote:
    Not a pleasant day yesterday went to Manchester to help move one of the customer sites that's within cat swinging distance from the arena.
    One of our managers hit on the idea of handing out bottled water to some of the hundreds of officers up there little gesture but they were genuinely grateful being stood in full gear in the sun is not pleasant.

Good work, sounds like there will be lots of police/troops about for a while now too.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Lovely ride in, now chillin'. Will have coffee, do some weights, smash head against wall with IT system, that sort of thing.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning,

Still chuckling at the sight of the GF last night trying to get on her bike with her new SPDs and falling straight over the other side with her hands still on the bars. I checked she was laughing before I joined in though, my life wouldn't be worth living otherwise and the NC500 would be out of the window...

Today will mostly be work with the prospect of cycling later. Could be worse

Any pics of her norks as she fell over?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:

At least your not pretending it's anything else.

My hamster wheel consists of 'can I make it to the toilet in time' today.
    Fecked off 'cos the weather is great. Despite all of this, did manage to sort some silly jobs at PPP out and have a hoog tidy at the building site thingy yesterday.
    There's always something fulfilling about having a big tidy and a chuck out of non-essentials.

Might have to pester the pesky Doc's if I have any chance of not looking like Karen Carpenter by June.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

At least your not pretending it's anything else.

My hamster wheel consists of 'can I make it to the toilet in time' today.

Never have, which is why I'll never amount to much, but equally, I'm in at 8.30 and out of the door at 5.30, and lead a relatively stress-free if somewhat mundane existence in the office. Together we make enough to house and clothe the family, pay for good childcare, a summer holiday and pay into a pension. I work to live, I'm just good with words and numbers, not my hands.

Re toilet urgency - are you actually Tom Dumoulin in disguise?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Two days to go. Two days to go... Rarely have I been so desperately keen to finish a contract job, but handing back the computer and security pass this Friday will be the happiest work day in a long long time.

Booked a couple of weeks away somewhere sunny and warm to recover. Bring. It. On.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Two days to go. Two days to go... Rarely have I been so desperately keen to finish a contract job, but handing back the computer and security pass this Friday will be the happiest work day in a long long time.

Booked a couple of weeks away somewhere sunny and warm to recover. Bring. It. On.

Don't you live somewhere sunny and warm?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    A bit muggy over here. Sure it took about 12.3785964 seconds off my commute to work this morning. It was sans Oakleys though.
  • veronese68
    I've had enough of idiots, going to go and sit by the river and have a sandwich with the Mrs. I think we should ban anyone that uses the phrase "I'm an engineer" to try and make themselves sound knowledgeable. We've insulted one by asking a perfectly reasonable question. I might ask him how fitting washing machines qualifies him to know about old cars. At least he'd have a reason to feel insulted then.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Flâneur wrote:

Don't you live somewhere sunny and warm?
    Well, yes, today is a week from the official start to winter and it was a nice mild 22 deg C day... :D But next week I'm headed somewhere slightly less wintery than this...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    fat daddy wrote:
    lovely single speed ride to work ..... something so much less stressful about the single speed .... quite chilled at work now, shame that wont last
    You know you don't need a single speed - just use a normal bike, select the gear you want before you set off and don't touch the shifters. Could save you some money...

Good sleep and a decent warm ride in here. Unfortunately the temp cover on my knackered tooth has already half fallen off so go to go seen them again tomorrow morning :evil: At least it doesn't hurt. Have asked Stropteen if she still wants to go see some popster at the O2 next week after this weeks events - might save me giving her a lift - unfortunately she still wants to go.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    relaxing day so far, humid but with more sun than yesterday

dentist visit pleasantly uneventful, though harley street is lacking in cafes forcing me to go almost as far as marylebone high street for a pre-visit espresso, strolled home then went for a few easy laps around regents park and had an extra brekkie in the cafe

done a few smidgens for globalmegacorp work in between, possibly helped move things along with a global thing, will do some other global things, think i can snaffle some extra budget to add some cloudy software defined virtualised agile dynamic trendystuff to my team's labs

ordered a few red al bolts so i can replace the black one that holds the srm magnet under the bb shell, should save about 0.5g and it'll be freakin' red man, red and shiny, shiny and red
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    relaxing day so far, humid but with more sun than yesterday

dentist visit pleasantly uneventful, though harley street is lacking in cafes forcing me to go almost as far as marylebone high street for a pre-visit espresso, strolled home then went for a few easy laps around regents park and had an extra brekkie in the cafe

done a few smidgens for globalmegacorp work in between, possibly helped move things along with a global thing, will do some other global things, think i can snaffle some extra budget to add some cloudy software defined virtualised agile dynamic trendystuff to my team's labs

ordered a few red al bolts so i can replace the black one that holds the srm magnet under the bb shell, should save about 0.5g and it'll be freakin' red man, red and shiny, shiny and red

Like fire that is on fire and doesn't need setting fire to.

Cooooooool.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've had enough of idiots, going to go and sit by the river and have a sandwich with the Mrs. I think we should ban anyone that uses the phrase "I'm an engineer" to try and make themselves sound knowledgeable. We've insulted one by asking a perfectly reasonable question. I might ask him how fitting washing machines qualifies him to know about old cars. At least he'd have a reason to feel insulted then.

My sisters a mechanical engineer, yet cant wire a plug. Go figure
    Garry H wrote:
    A bit muggy over here. Sure it took about 12.3785964 seconds off my commute to work this morning. It was sans Oakleys though.

Surely the increased humidity will increase the density of the air due to increased water vapour etc, though the time saving could be put down to the aerodynamic properties of Oakleys, Unless you were wearing something like Frogskins.
    In which case the vorticing caused from the flat sides and gap behind the lens could be causing a low pressure area reducing your drag.

Its that or I'm reading to much into this after too much caffine and not enough sleep.

Side note anyone tried Tic Tac breeze they confuse me.
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    My sisters a mechanical engineer, yet cant wire a plug. Go figure.
    That's exactly the kind of thing I mean. Would she then phone a plug company and tell them they are doing it wrong, then tell them she knows what she's talking about because she's an engineer?
  • Matthewfalle
    I work with lots of engineers. They can't even scratch their own arses properly.

Does that help your argument?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    She would likely re design the plug, patent said new design then call them and try selling the design. But yes the whole time she would insist they have no idea what they are doing and that she knows more than them.

I wont pretend to understand what she does but she is extremely condescending when she calls up for "IT Help"
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    She would likely re design the plug, patent said new design then call them and try selling the design. But yes the whole time she would insist they have no idea what they are doing and that she knows more than them.

I wont pretend to understand what she does but she is extremely condescending when she calls up for "IT Help"

Any pics of her norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Fecking bike squeaks now. Gonna squirt oil at random moving parts. Definitely not my shorts or knees. Greased cleats and seat post already.
  • pinno
    edited May 2017
    Step83 wrote:
    Surely the increased humidity will increase the density of the air due to increased water vapour etc, though the time saving could be put down to the aerodynamic properties of Oakleys, Unless you were wearing something like Frogskins.
    In which case the vorticing caused from the flat sides and gap behind the lens could be causing a low pressure area reducing your drag.

Its that or I'm reading to much into this after too much caffine and not enough sleep.

Err... I think so. I'm pretty sure he said 'sans' Oakleys.

However, the theory (although flawed) was quite good and I enjoyed reading it. So another explanation that doesn't involve Oakleys would be much appreciated. Especially considering anything is better than not eating for 72 hours* and having to leg it a la Usain B to the kharzi at less than what would be considered as a Gentlemanly notice period.

*That might be a lie. I did eat some rice pudding and 2 Weetabix. FAIL.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stem interface
    Stem bolts
    Crank bolts
    Pedals into cranks
    Mech bolts holding it frame
    Seat clamp

Any of the above.

Large glass of red and a tub of grease and go for it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    ******* bike squeaks now. Gonna squirt oil at random moving parts. Definitely not my shorts or knees. Greased cleats and seat post already.
    Sounds like a plan. Mine has started to make a weird clicking sound when I put the power down. I had it serviced 3 years ago so there's no explanation.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    When I were a lad, we had grease on t'chain when got it t'out o' shop and that wur it for 50 years.