My Boardman Pro FS

jamski
jamski Posts: 737
edited June 2017 in Your mountain bikes
So a couple of weeks ago I finally decided on a bike and went for the Boardman. With various discounts I got it for £1200, and couldn't be happier. It's taken 50 miles or so to get everything comfy, but it's feeling really good now. I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to bikes, so I wont be adding much to this, but will be going for a dropper post, better pedals, bar and stem at some point too. No rush though, the bike alone has maxed me out! :D

Spec really is insane for the money. The tyres I'm managing to run insanely low psi and the grip is perfect. Did 25 miles on them on Friday with no issues, so fingers crossed for no pinch flats!

It's not anything you haven't all seen before, but a couple of pics below. :)

P1120694.jpg
P1120691.jpg
svg image hosting
Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two

Comments

• nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Lovely bike, but then I would say that as I bought it myself last year! Still very happy with it after circa 800 miles, swapped out the tyres and the bars. Watch out for shorts rubbing on the seat post graphic, it's pretty thin. Interested to know what dropper you fit as may look at this myself in due course.
  • jamski
    Nasha48 wrote:
    Lovely bike, but then I would say that as I bought it myself last year! Still very happy with it after circa 800 miles, swapped out the tyres and the bars. Watch out for shorts rubbing on the seat post graphic, it's pretty thin. Interested to know what dropper you fit as may look at this myself in due course.

At the moment a Specialized Command Post is the way I'm thinking, as it's a layback post, and I'd like to keep the geometry as is and don't want to lose the few mm by having a straight post. If I could spare the space, I'd probably go for a Brand X. If I go Specialized it will probably be on the Christmas list!

Bars and stem I'm planning on changing for Nukeproof warhead. I think the little yellow details will go really well, and again, I can get a very similar width/length so the geometry will be the same.
  • jamski
    Yellow Easton grips and Fizik seatpost ring added.

ny7kwp.jpg
  • Get the BETD shock link, it lowers the head angle and makes it an even better bike
  • jamski
    Ragley Wiser bard fitted along with Brand X saddle and seat post. Loving the bars, a perfect colour match! :) And yes, still cleaning after every ride. ;)

19224809_10208760665323579_671397240787355943_n.jpg
    19225277_10208760665363580_3535741833233234785_n.jpg
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Looking nice mate. Personally awaiting some new Ergon GE1 grips in blue to fit on mine. Taking her to FoD this weekend, though I'm slightly concerned at present as she's with Halfords following a crank/BB failure and I'm praying it's sorted by Thursday.