AEROBAR Suggestions - Beginner Racer

n733lk
n733lk Posts: 44
edited May 2017 in Amateur race
I've been looking at aerobars on Amazon. The prices are all over the place. I'm just starting out, so I'd like to start with a quality, economic, set of clip-ons. Suggestions?

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I know the Token ones were best rated in one comparison I saw. I know Wiggle sell them.
  • MiddleRinger
    MiddleRinger Posts: 678
    I've had a pair of the Token ones. Super cheap. Do the job, but they do sit you up higher than some.

I'd look at the different options out there and see if you can get a pair where the armrests sit as low as possible. At the end of the day it's all about getting you in the best (most aero while still able to power along) position. Whacking clip-ons on a road bike is always going to be a compromise in some area. If you just want a set to give the local club TT a go and see how you get on in that position, the Tokens will be fine.
  • n733lk
    Thank you both. I'll check out the Tokens.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I think higher won't be a problem to begin with. At least you are going narrower.

Going lower can start to reduce your power output anyway.
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    I use the Wiggle Tokens, just fitted them on my bike as it goes. Position they give me is really good, I have them on a Felt F series with the stem slammed, low enough for me. I found that if I pulled up on them too much they slipped, so overtightened them which marked my bars a bit. So maybe try some carbon grip paste when you fit them to stop them moving.
  • n733lk
    Daddy0 wrote:
    I use the Wiggle Tokens, just fitted them on my bike as it goes. Position they give me is really good, I have them on a Felt F series with the stem slammed, low enough for me. I found that if I pulled up on them too much they slipped, so overtightened them which marked my bars a bit. So maybe try some carbon grip paste when you fit them to stop them moving.

Good advice!