somewhat hungover

off to the office, coffee beckons

looks like the good weather continues
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    WT actual F

saw the weather report yesterday night about 10ish ..... its gonna be glorious .... excellent, I'll prep the dry bike for tomorows club ride.

sat in the office now waiting for 06:45 ... and its very dark and spitting !

I of course blame myself .. lucky I didn't pack sun cream, that really would tempted fate !

on the upside though, and lowering the tone to bowel movements in only the 2nd post ... I only shat my self twice this morning ... WHY after x number of club rides do I still suffer this much anxiety .... still, at least it helps me understand why my daughter is such a wuss ... she is only 5 she cant reason the same way I can ! .. we are however the same
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning crowd. The Date will have a shit day I suspect given she is a Manchester teacher. At least current reports suggest it was waiting adults.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully the sun will be out.

May go see if I can find a bike friend on here for Friday, If i make such a post what do we suspect will happen?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Flâneur wrote:
    May go see if I can find a bike friend on here for Friday, If i make such a post what do we suspect will happen?
    You'll get the wee wee taken for being Billy no mates?

Doing a spot of working from home until my dentists appointment to sort out a collapsed crown. Ho hum. Short day at work then out for a beer with a mate who is jacking in his job to take some time out - fair play to him, he says he got his inspiration from me :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    fair play to him, he says he got his inspiration from me :)
    You could serve as a warning to anyone Stevo :wink:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

At best
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I suppose taking a year and a bit off to do stuff I fancied doing was a bit irresponsible :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    fat daddy wrote:
    WT actual F

saw the weather report yesterday night about 10ish ..... its gonna be glorious .... excellent, I'll prep the dry bike for tomorows club ride.

sat in the office now waiting for 06:45 ... and its very dark and spitting !

I of course blame myself .. lucky I didn't pack sun cream, that really would tempted fate !

on the upside though, and lowering the tone to bowel movements in only the 2nd post ... I only shat my self twice this morning ... WHY after x number of club rides do I still suffer this much anxiety .... still, at least it helps me understand why my daughter is such a wuss ... she is only 5 she cant reason the same way I can ! .. we are however the same
    MTFU. I don't care what your club mates say about you, you're alright in my book.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I suppose taking a year and a bit off to do stuff I fancied doing was a bit irresponsible :)
    When was this?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    When was this?
    Summer 2011 - Autumn 2012. Took a bit of a chance on getting another job - on the basis that I deal with one of the certs in life - but it paid off. You only live once and all that 8)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning all,
    Another nice day round here and I haven't shat myself. Wobbled in on the MTB this morning so it took a little longer than usual. Had the last of the pecan muffins for breakfast. Mmm, nom nom nom. I've told the wife she can do those again. Just have to put the barbed wire around the top of the fence to keep mechanically inept cyclists away. Talking of which, I found out whose got my mech hanger straightener if that's needed. Went to watch Alien Covenant last night and had a couple of beers. Not bad, a little predictable though.
    More customer avoidance is on the cards for today. Full house in the office should make it easier.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Feeling better, but still not 100% jp for lunch will help
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    WFH this morning for another hour then I'm out to meet people and look at trees. Started one of those strava train plan things, today is the first day and it's telling me to do an hour of 'endurance miles', feels like a waste going out for an hour and going slowly but I think I might regret going hard by Sunday...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

At best

Friday night? Might be at Llandegla
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Had the last of the pecan muffins for breakfast. Mmm, nom nom nom. I've told the wife she can do those again. Just have to put the barbed wire around the top of the fence to keep mechanically inept cyclists away. Talking of which, I found out whose got my mech hanger straightener if that's needed.

Dagnab it, I was hoping to hop over the fence and nick a whole tray of muffins which your missus would have put on the windowsill to cool, just like in the Beano or Dandy.

New noise this morning - a persistent rubbing noise. Got off, spun the wheels - nothing. Spun the pedals and the cranks, nothing. Got back on - rub rub rub, rode to work grumbling to myself in my head.

Got to work, walked bike into the building. Rub rub rub. It's the cotton shorts I put over the top of my bibs this morning (so as not to scare the kids I'm playing bubble football with later) rubbing against the lycra. Phew.

Looking busy is the order of the day, spot of coffee, crossword.
  • Flâneur
    TLW1 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

At best

Friday night? Might be at Llandegla

Was aiming for the peaks on the road bike, but I'm not ruling out the no friends thing and heading to Degla for some trail riding.

You out running?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    fat daddy wrote:
    ...on the upside though, and lowering the tone to bowel movements in only the 2nd post ... I only shat my self twice this morning ...

Only twice?! You lucky barsteward. I'm feeling like death warmed up to tepid.
    Sweated buckets last night. Pee is orange. I'm going to cook some rice pudding soon. Wish me luck.
    Managed to get tricky to school and into the local metropolis without any follow through's, that's a result.

I get the feeling that Hopkins B is useless at fettling. Can't think why.

I'll be your friend Flan. I accept all major credit cards, Paypal, cheques, postal orders and cash.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

I can change a chain, cassette and bottom bracket and index my gears. I can change the pads in and fettle my hydraulic discs so no rubbing. I have yet to try changing my gear cables or taking apart & adjusting front or rear mechs. Or bleeding the brakes. Or anything else.

But you're right, I'm a ham-fisted buffoon. Keen to learn though. :mrgreen:
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Dagnab it, I was hoping to hop over the fence and nick a whole tray of muffins which your missus would have put on the windowsill to cool, just like in the Beano or Dandy.
    Instead of tip-toeing past the dozing guard dog you'd have to avoid the always hungry 18 year old that will fight for food. He's bigger than you are but permanently with his nose in his phone so you'd probably get away with it.
    Maybe you should fit CX tyres. The rumbling from the tyres would drown out a lot of other noises, like shorts :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I can change a chain, cassette and bottom bracket and index my gears. I can change the pads in and fettle my hydraulic discs so no rubbing. I have yet to try changing my gear cables or taking apart & adjusting front or rear mechs. Or bleeding the brakes. Or anything else.

You can do more that Stevo. He's completely shyte at fettling.
    FWIW. I don't think getting your hands on V68's missus's muffins is going to help keep your bike in good shape.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I listened at school for a reason...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Went and had my jabs done - 2 hours later walked out looking like a pincushion covered in plasters.

Am now sitting in slightly breezy back garden about to have steak 'n' chips lunch. Yum yum.

As an aside - went for a 15 on my Cannondale CAAD2 mountain bike with slicks earlier (shorts, t-shirt, Euro Skoooooooooochers) - really good fun.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I listened at school. At least until I hit my teens, then I didn't need to any more as I knew everything. This could be why I'm still on my year off.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I listened at school. Now I'm chained to a desk doing tax-related corporate bullcr@p, erm, I mean living the dream as a valued member of a streamlined and efficient finance department. I will however be going down the road later and investing heavily in both the Euromillions and the Lotto in an attempt to provide an income to allow me to do something I want to do!
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I listened at school. Now I'm chained to a desk doing tax-related corporate bullcr@p, erm, I mean living the dream as a valued member of a streamlined and efficient finance department. I will however be going down the road later and investing heavily in both the Euromillions and the Lotto in an attempt to provide an income to allow me to do something I want to do!

Nah - you'll never win.

Just spend everything you have on blow and whores.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    I listened at school. Now I'm chained to a desk doing tax-related corporate bullcr@p
    Bloody hell, that makes two of them. :shock:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Nah - you'll never win.

Just spend everything you have on blow and whores.

Like I said, do something I want to do. Mortgage and childcare means there's precious little left for blow and whores.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just Get rid of the factors are holding you back from a life of blow and whores. Ship the kids off to a gran or an aunt somewhere, get rid of the crib and doss down in a mate's garage or she'd.

Blow and whores go-go.

Simples, innit.

You'll thank me when you've done it and you know it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Just Get rid of the factors are holding you back from a life of blow and whores. Ship the kids off to a gran or an aunt somewhere, get rid of the crib and doss down in a mate's garage or she'd.

Blow and whores go-go.

Simples, innit.

You'll thank me when you've done it and you know it.

I'll let you know how that goes....

Can you spare a quid? I've got a place in a hostel, and I just need £3 to get in. I used to have it all you know. Wife, kids, job, house. Then I chucked it all in for a life of blow and whores. I got a short gram of vim-laced talcum powder and a half hearted tug job round the back of a skip off an 79 year old crack whore who swore blind she was 52.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I listened at school. Now I'm chained to a desk doing tax-related corporate bullcr@p
    Bloody hell, that makes two of them. :shock:
    Yeah, but we want to be lion tamers...
  • seanoconn
    Have you tried chartered accountancy? It's like Lion taming for accountants.