Remove Motor or Scrap?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2017 in The workshop
In Octobter 2015 I got a new Volt Pulse X. Between March and 1st August 2016 6 spokes snapped in the back wheel and the back rim split. The bottom bracket, cranks and the nuts on the back wheel kept coming loose. 2 shops that sell Volt and Volt themselves have indirectly admitted there's a manufactiring fault with the bike. On July 22nd 2016 Volt told me that they started having problems with Pulse X. The courts never told me when the hearing was and said the bike was 'of satisfactory quality on the day I got the bike' so won't do anything. As of now the bike has a warped back disc brake and loose cones in the back wheel caused by the nuts coming loose. All this has cost me over £2,500.

Would it be possible to use the bike as a normal bike and if so how? Or should I just scrap it?

Thanks.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The court would have sent out the mail telling you when the hearing was.

If you didn't get it you can check via the MCOL website anyway.

Without you being thee it was almost certain they would find in the other parties favour.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    The Rookie wrote:
    Without you being thee it was almost certain they would find in the other parties favour.
    Almost inevitable, since by not turning up, you are effectively deserting the case.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I got a letter on 10th March saying case was struck out as I did not attend. I rang and they said the hearing was on the 8th March. I was never told about this hearing by post, e-mail, phone or on the MCOL site.

I applied for the case to be re-instated. The judge said that a letter (the one I should have got but never) had a "date at the top and bottom that were the same but should be different. So anyone reading it would think the hearing was on the 8th March, but it was actually on the 2nd March." So by that, if I did get the letter, I would have missed it any way.

The judge also said that Volt asked for the hearing to be post-poned but never turned up. They also sent an e-mail to the court saying all the faults with the bike were true. Volt never turned up to the 2nd hearing either. Not sure if they were supposed to or not as the person on the desk said that they could turn up. Volt also never did what the Consumer Ombudsman asked them to do.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The court would have posted out the court date and it would be listed on MCOL, you may not have got the letter and you may not have checked MCOL, that's not the same.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.