monday into the vortex

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,530
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

back to gmc, definitely early coffee break, bail early too with a bit of luck, don't want to overstretch on the first day

weather seems ok-ish, roll on the week end
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    After a weekend away at my favourite "hotel", I'm back to work today having handed care duties back to Mrs MRS.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    After a weekend of minding 2 year olds as an Interested grandparent, per CT thread, have some me time on a non working day which promises to be dry and warm. Feel a long ride beckoning, after seeking out a pic for the Caption Competition 8)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, busy sourcing a quarter of a highland cow from one of the guys at work, think I'm going to have to split it due to lack of freezer space. Probably the same ones that the GF and I went to brush last year, maybe I won't mention that to her as we are tucking into a huge sirloin each...

In other news, office day, lots of work to do, lame
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Feeling below par again so wfh
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    the "light out" light on the car has come on ...... but all my lights seem to be working which means there must be a bulb I just don't know about
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Why is the weather always nicer on the weekdays?

Anywho nice weekend on the bike many miles munched and ive noticed an interesting tan pattern on my hands from my gloves :lol: lots of dark speckled tan bits from the crochet gloves I had on, question is now to cultivate these odd tan spots or wear normal gloves?

Anyway day of work awaits people whinging they cant watch their youtube cat subscriptions etc no doubt.
    fat daddy wrote:
    the "light out" light on the car has come on ...... but all my lights seem to be working which means there must be a bulb I just don't know about

Is it one of those that just leave you guessing then weeks later you realise its the one in the glove box or something daft?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Lovely and sunny, nice ride in but showed up tired/unfit legs. Going to waste another hour messing about with saddle tonight. Worst design ever.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    Lovely day down here, just a shame it's a Monday. Will next Monday be like this. The good weather has dragged all the fair weather cyclists out, me included. The bike rack at work is absolutely full. I'm glad I get in early and put my bike at the end so no fool can ram their Halfords POS up against it.
    My manflu is fading fast, just a bit bunged up now. Should probably do some work now, but I've only had 2 cups of tea so far.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Monday is never good. I don't even have next weekend to look forward to as Ms hopkinb in her wisdom has booked all 4 of us into a hotel at Alton Towers next Saturday night. I hate theme parks and driving bores me. The thought of sitting on the M6 on the way to stand in massive queues for rides that make me want to spew is not filling me with bank holiday delight. Slight highlight is that I should be able to call in on my brother and my niece & nephew in Coventry on Sunday before driving back to London on Monday.

Late arriving nanny meant I had time to clean & lube my week-old chain this morning after it got gunged up in last week's weather. Irritating whirring/slight rattling sound from rear derailleur area when cadence gets high - jockey wheel bearing?

Just been for coffee to try and get myself motivated/awake. Crossword time soon.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    WFH today, at start of the last week on this job. It cannot end soon enough, 4 more days is still 5 too many!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    Good sleep for a change and a good warm ride in. Tonight's return ride might even be a bit sweaty. Work is thankfully relatively quiet so I can plough through a few more parental related paperwork and admin things before next weekends trip up North so sort through 55 years of stuff. No wonder shares in oil companies are on the up the amount of driving I'm doing at the moment.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Nice gym sesh, just eating chicken sweet 'n' sour and rice, will pedal home in the sun.

Bit gutted as I wore my Perfetto in today so am going to die of heat deadness on the way home.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    edited May 2017
    hopkinb wrote:

Late arriving nanny meant I had time to clean & lube my week-old chain this morning after it got gunged up in last week's weather. Irritating whirring/slight rattling sound from rear derailleur area when cadence gets high - jockey wheel bearing?

Possible check for lateral play an maybe add a drop of dry lube to both wheels, should help
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Jockey wheels dry Hopkin B? Make sure it's all straight. Make sure the hanger is tight.

Me kidney infection/gastro hell me. Woke up at 4am shivering. Nothing is staying in/down. So bloody feeble. Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Possible check for lateral play an maybe add a drop of dry lube to both wheels, should help

I GT85'd the sh!t out of the jockey wheels this morning. Will give it all a bit of a wiggle and check all is aligned and everything done up tightly this evening, I was in a bit of a rush this morning.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    You're agricultural Hopkin Bob. Take the jockey wheels apart and re-grease them. GT85 will just get flung off. It's not much of a lubricant anyway.
    Have a look at the state of them while you're there.

Oh and BTW - i'm still bloody feeble.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    Lovely ride home in the sunshine. Spoiled only by the fact I forgot to oil my chain after last week's downpour.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    You're agricultural Hopkin Bob. Take the jockey wheels apart and re-grease them. GT85 will just get flung off. It's not much of a lubricant anyway.
    Have a look at the state of them while you're there.

Oh and BTW - i'm still bloody feeble.

I'm worse than agricultural. I'm hunter-gatherer. I'm sure they are fooked, I occasionally rive off ounces of black, yet iridescent gunge from my jockey wheels. I've considered trying to sell it to local yute as a new hallucinogen.

V68 is my guru for all things spannery. We've done drivetrain. It's cables next, and now rear mech maintenance added to list. I'll have to buy him a keg of beer. :D
  • hopkinb
    In fact, I was very tempted to swing by V68 this evening. I went the long way home via Richmond Park, and I saw elsewhere that V68's missus had knocked up a batch of pecan muffins.