my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, breakfast, work, travel home, hopefully 2 weeks off
    Enjoy your day
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning all, woken by the birds this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Bloody Parakeets.
    I write this under the body of a beautiful naked woman :D Not as fun as it sounds, she's still dozing, my arm has gone to sleep and is getting quite painful.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all, woken by the birds this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Bloody Parakeets.
    I write this under the body of a beautiful naked woman :D Not as fun as it sounds, she's still dozing, my arm has gone to sleep and is getting quite painful.

POIDH
  • tlw1
    Man flu recovery ride into town to pick up the car has made me realise I'm still not recovered. So another sofa day I think
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    No naked women for me. Hound to Epping forest for a scamper. Drive back to civilisation. Hopefully clean bicycle after climbing the wimblebergs for giggles. Hopefully a slap up feed. I expect reality will be domestic drudgery and sprog wrangling.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just pottering in the sun, weights each then bambino to swimming, Hound to walking, lunch to lunching. Then onwards to where I don't know.

May take my skateboard out while bambino does scootering.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited May 2017
    Sugod's posts just get shorter and shorter. At this rate, it will be all acronym's by Christmas.

Let's see now, see if you can decipher this:

M

R, C, F&D, v, (n)WFH

BTW Sungod, I am very disappointed about the lack of metaphorical and mystical tales involving Feline's and lava.

Me slightly fuzzy headed me.

A Moldovian and a Ukrainian came to pick the van up that I sold yesterday. They had planned to put an engine in it and drive it off. Then they ran into problems. Then I got a call at 10.22pm saying that they hadn't got the push rod for the vacuum pump (on the LT35 2.5 turbo 109 cylinder head).
    Have I lost the non techy heads? Good. Skip to below.
    Then I got the proprietor of the adjacent and connected garage to give me the key. Luckily he was up. Then we had a search but to no avail so ended up making one. BTW, if you are ever stuck for one, a standard 11mm socket has the correct external diameter but even a deep one is a little short. (Not Snap on or Mac as they are a bit slimmer) but it gives you a sizing. Then your thumb and some random bolt will give you the length.
    Luckily, found an old 1/2" drive extension that was about perfect and chopped it and cleaned it up on the bench grinder.
    Asleep yet?
    You can stuff your RLC bloke, what you need is an Eastern European.

Dunno if they finished (in the dark, in the rain). I'm a bit loathed to text him.
    It's no reflection on me as it was their choice to do it like that.

Soft play area for my sins. Both toots have a little cough so swimming is out of the window 'cos there's not an accountants/bankers chance in a hippy camp that they ain't going to school, so playing it safe.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start followed by trip to the 'rents for lunch. Might ride there over the park and common for a change. Other than that a couple of odd jobs to sort out. Might have a beer later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    Pinno wrote:
    Sugod's posts just get shorter and shorter. At this rate, it will be all acronym's by Christmas.

Let's see now, see if you can decipher this:

M

R, C, F&D, v, (n)WFH

BTW Sungod, I am very disappointed about the lack of metaphorical and mystical tales involving Feline's and lava.

i applaud your economy of expression

i'd meant to take a pic of one of the tabby's famous lava cats, but forgot, will be back there soon and try to remember, aside from that a combination of disorganisation and acute laziness overcame me, i shall resume the quest and share my discoveries

some bloke on an electric fat bike thought he could take me, pfft, resisted the urge to point and mock, he was already sufficiently shamed
  • pinno
    Spontaneous disorganisation and acute laziness can strike at any time. If it does, there's just nothing you can do about it.
    I'm sorry to hear about your condition.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    seanoconn wrote:
    We've got hundreds of the bastards round here and they are noisy and irritating (ring necked parakeets that is, not naked women),

Coffee and hound walking done. Dropping Strifey off in Bromley soon then headed round to look at a prospective care home. The joys. Some football later when I can watch the mighty Chelsea pick up their richly deserved Premier League trophy 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Hammocks erected, coffee on the go, Bambina has teturned from her mates house shattered so is chilling in one, bambino is about to head to the other.

I reckon less than 5 minutes before they start to beat 7 bells out of each other...

On a brighter note, have just put Ultegra bits into my basket so will order later - these are being paid for by someone else so freebie city!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...Ultegra bits...

To the tune of Big Ben:

Boring boring, boring boring, boring boring, boring boring.
  • Matthewfalle
    Was thinking of going Campag but a) it's only a Madone, so not worth it and b) can't justify Chorus on a Madone as it's only. Trek.

Also, when I smash it up I'll only be smashing up Ultegra and not something nice.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Was thinking of going Campag but a) it's only a Madone, so not worth it and b) can't justify Chorus on a Madone as it's only. Trek.

Also, when I smash it up I'll only be smashing up Ultegra and not something nice.

Good response that man. Keep up the good work.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    he's just grooming you
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    he's just grooming you

Gulp. Will it hurt?
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    he's just grooming you

Gulp. Will it hurt?

Only hurts if you don't relax.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Good response that man. Keep up the good work.

Grazie. Chorus rear mech is a thing of beauty though.

Have been tempted for a while to clear Casa MF of stock and reinvest everything something beautiful with Campy on it but can't be arsed working out what I've got where.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Spent the afternoon hacking brambles and bindweed off, then nailing rubble sacks to my leaky and quite rotten shed roof. Duck-taped it all watertight. What could possibly go wrong...

Then I had to clean Ms hopkinb's bike. Not mine. No wimblebergs.

Seeking solace in the warm glow of beer and Giro, then will smash the commute in the morning.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Man flu recovery ride into town to pick up the car has made me realise I'm still not recovered. So another sofa day I think

Felt better so made some paths in the garden and then visited a mate for ale
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Spent an emergency weekend looking after mates kids, made the most of the afternoon sun today once they'd been picked up.

Dinner

Wine

Bed...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    And for those wondering, I have a new office person. Think Lord Sugars Clive to train. Hence not much foruming...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    And for those wondering, I have a new office person. Think Lord Sugars Clive to train. Hence not much foruming...
    Trying to set a good example? I did wonder.