Google maps

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited May 2017 in Road general
How do I tell Google that I really dont need over 2 hours just to do 23 miles?
Their coders are obviously petrol heads as the car estimate is more or less 100%.

Comments

• Yeah, I don't need more than 2.5hrs to do 50
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    JGSI wrote:
    Their coders are obviously petrol heads as the car estimate is more or less 100%.

The car times are based on real traffic data from people's Android phones... Obviously you couldn't do that with bikes even if they used e.g., Strava data as it would depend on the type of bike. Think there's much more variability in cycling speed!

It would be nice to have an option to tell it what type of bike you're riding. It does have a habit of sending me down non-road bike appropriate routes.
  • Pippy aston
    Pippy aston Posts: 37
    JGSI wrote:

You could send them an email??
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    All you need to know is the distance. You're best judged to know how long it will take you.

And car drivers will usually go at fairly close to the speed limit
    Cyclist speeds will vary. Winter speed. Summer speed. Racing speed. Relaxing speed. Headwinds tailwinds. Race bike. Hack bike.