edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

looks sunny out, though i bet it's nippy

assemble shiny bike and have a test ride, cafes, shopping
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, working today , should be finished and home tomorrow, hopefully get out after work on the bike if it's not raining
    Have a good weekend
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Off to Ironbridge for a very hilly 35miles before the rain, chores and chilling
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Man flu means I feel poo and I can't enjoy the 20 mile run I had planned :(
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    broken collar bone seperated itself again. bother I can feel it moving.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337

Ouch. Maybe you need to head here, where I am - beautiful day over Cambridge

TCTSaturday.JPG

Can't miss a Friday night in A&E :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yikes! That gives me the heebeegeebees.

Rain over here. Off skiing with daughter.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Ouch. Maybe you need to head here, where I am - beautiful day over Cambridge

TCTSaturday.JPG

Can't miss a Friday night in A&E :wink:

Have you got you own parking space there?
  • meanredspider
    TLW1 wrote:
    Have you got you own parking space there?

No - but I've certainly bought the car park if not the whole parking company :roll:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Traditional slow start here. Not much planned for today, everyone needs to unwind a bit I think. Letter to the neighbours made bugger all difference, not entirely surprised. Think we are going to have to start documenting stuff.
    Sorry to hear you're back in your home from home MRS. Hope she gets her levels back soon so you can get out of there. Malcolm, hope it sorts itself out quickly for you.
    Have a good day folks, or at least the best it can be.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dog walk on the common avoiding wombles, coffee and cake at Windmill if time allows. Hair cut. Washing of bike kit. Drive self and dog to future m-i-l's in Leytonstone. Dinner with friends in Snaresbrook. Ms hopkinb over in Stratford with mini hopkinb choosing what monstrous dresses to inflict on her bridesmaids.

Coughing a bit, maybe those 2 soakings I got earlier in the week have brought on man flu.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sunny but fresh - bicycle cleaned, chillin wiv da Bambina. Apart from that and more coffee about to be consumed, not a lot to report.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Sunny but fresh - bicycle cleaned, chillin wiv da Bambina. Apart from that and more coffee about to be consumed, not a lot to report.

Another wasted mouse click
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Shops, coffee, round to mates to house to drop bike off for fettling, more coffee, Dads taxi. This afternoon is get shoes etc back from repairs, sort repairs on parents house, some minor car maintenance then off to cousins house for dinner this evening. Might go to work for a rest.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    Dog walk on the common avoiding wombles, coffee and cake at Windmill if time allows. Hair cut. Washing of bike kit. Drive self and dog to future m-i-l's in Leytonstone. Dinner with friends in Snaresbrook. Ms hopkinb over in Stratford with mini hopkinb choosing what monstrous dresses to inflict on her bridesmaids.

Coughing a bit, maybe those 2 soakings I got earlier in the week have brought on man flu.
    I was womble hunting last weekend to no avail with two disappointed 6 year olds. I don't think the "We're going to spear a Womble." chant helped much.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sorry to hear you're back in your home from home MRS. Hope she gets her levels back soon so you can get out of there.

Thanks V68. 72 hours of "stir" this time. It's a bit of a bugger because this was my "weekend" as I'm working at the moment and Mrs MRS is on duty. But she's off house hunting so I'm stuck here. Still, one just gets on with it.

BTW

http://www.imeche.org/news/news-article ... K04,QI7Q,1
  • Matthewfalle

Duck tape will sort that.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    I don't understand MRS. If my blood count was low, the ward whoever would ring me. If I was in trouble, I would ring the ward and be straight in. I never had any of this hanging around in A&E malarkey to put up with.

Anyway, van sold, processed oil sold with it. Toots have had a run around. Started chilly and cloudy, now its sunny and warm.

Must go pick up OH from work and give her the what for for not speaking up about a wages anomaly. they've got this silly thumb print recognition login/log out. It's pants. Must have cost far much more than the benefits and plus a whole shed load of disgruntled staff.
    I'm going to have a quiet word with the boss. He's a t1t though.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    I don't understand MRS. If my blood count was low, the ward whoever would ring me. If I was in trouble, I would ring the ward and be straight in. I never had any of this hanging around in A&E malarkey to put up with.

Ditto, my daughter had a direct access letter. I can't remember the term for it, but she was in and out so often, we'd just wave the letter at the a&e gatekeeper and she'd be on the ward as soon as possible, unless she needed emergency assistance. Your circumstances may be different I guess.

Either way, I keep reading your posts, and I hope sincerely that your daughter's health improves, and that you are all coping as well as you can.
  • meanredspider
    Pinno wrote:

If her temperature spikes, we have to ring the ward. If they decide we need to come in, we have to be admitted through A&E. it's frankly a crap process because, inevitably, A&E is packed and they're clueless about lines etc. Then we wait to see a haematology doctor who has to come down from wherever they hide. Then, if we get admitted (we ALWAYS get admitted) we have to wait for a nurse to transfer us to the ward. Stupidly, the ward nurses are waiting for us and have often even made my bed for me. They often have to repeat what the A&E nurses have done because they've either done it wrong, incomplete or lost the results or sample. The ward nurses are much faster and better - they do this all the time. It's a stupid protocol. On the rare occasions they don't follow the protocol, we are processed SO much faster. Given that Eve shouldn't be exposed to sick people, spending 4 hours in A&E at night is probably not the best place for her either.

I had a bit of a rant at the consultants today about it. I think they agreed. Whether they have the power to change it, who knows.
  • meanredspider
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Ditto, my daughter had a direct access letter. I can't remember the term for it, but she was in and out so often, we'd just wave the letter at the a&e gatekeeper and she'd be on the ward as soon as possible, unless she needed emergency assistance. Your circumstances may be different I guess.

Either way, I keep reading your posts, and I hope sincerely that your daughter's health improves, and that you are all coping as well as you can.

We have a "red card" that we wave at A&E (and they are always expecting her) but that just means they have to get her on antibiotics within an hour of arriving. After that, they have a target to have processed her in 4 hours. Inevitably it takes 4 hours... Stupid system.

Thanks!
  • Matthewfalle
    Anyone else watching Navy SEALS on ITV4? So far so brilliantly rubbish.

Charlie Sheen as Navy SEAL. Bodes well for the next 90 mins and 3 bottles of beer.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    It's like a really low budget Top Gun.

As in a budget of $7.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    According to this film what SEALS do on down time is play golf in a slightly anarchic manner.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    According to this film what SEALS do on down time is play golf in a slightly anarchic manner.

Haha a classic of it's time though,bit of an 80's weekend Time Bandits,labyrinth,willow,legend,terminator and a few more on this week.
  • Matthewfalle
    Must admit to having been sucked into it - it's utterly trash but compelling. Especially coupled with beer.

Feel I should be drinking Bud though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H

Nah, everybody knows that they just wank each other off in the showers.
  • Matthewfalle
    They also wear a natty line in polo necks and general "man about town" casual wear according to this film.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    I typed w@nk, not rub.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - the same as booties then.

This film is so awful I can't tear myself away.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    And combat is not the high he was looking for,sheesh what's a seal too doo