Bottom Bracket/Crank compatibility?

TrackGoat789
TrackGoat789 Posts: 17
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
Hey all,

I have this beautfiul vintage cinelli precursa pista that im getting some parts onto and have a phill wood bottom bracket with italian threads that will fit my bike. Its spindle length is 113. what size crank will work? I was looking at an andel crankset that is 165mm. Will this all fit?

thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Hey all,

I have this beautfiul vintage cinelli precursa pista that im getting some parts onto and have a phill wood bottom bracket with italian threads that will fit my bike. Its spindle length is 113. what size crank will work? I was looking at an andel crankset that is 165mm. Will this all fit?

thanks in advance!!

Dude

You want to post this in workshop or vintage bike - the bottom bracket isn't strictly about bottom brackets: it's more about embracing the Welsh, Wales, all things Welsh and the mighty just honest caring nation that is Wales.

And TDNFNATN's norks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Hey all,

thanks in advance!!

Dude

You want to post this in workshop or vintage bike - the bottom bracket isn't strictly about bottom brackets: it's more about embracing the Welsh, Wales, all things Welsh and the mighty just honest caring nation that is Wales.

And TDNFNATN's norks.

oh okay, thanks
  • Matthewfalle
    Dim problem - ei yn bleser.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Jesus wept
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Jesus wept

he did .. but then he went on to raise Lazarus from the dead .. which makes you think he only did it for effect and to make people "think" he was affected by it all .. diva ???

I digress.

going on how Jesus handled it, I would expect you to actually help this guy out and answer his question in about 4 days time
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    Hey all,

thanks in advance!!

You need to check that whatever crank you select is suited to a 113 mm BB axle. Aside from that, choose something that is shiny and silver.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Jesus wept

He's not the first.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    ...and he won't be the last.

(Hopefully) hee hee.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno/Garry: didn't Edwyn has this combo on his bicycle - you know, the delivery bike with the cat box on the back that he used to carry Arwen's pet goat around in?

Do you want to give him a bell? He's still angry at me over that incident to do with the goose, the hose pipe and the dinghy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I always thought you needed to lubricate your hose prior to that procedure. It might have been the difference between nefoedd and uffern and all so different.
    Did the goat survive 'cos if it didn't, I need a Chamois leather?
  • Matthewfalle
    Goat was fine, dinghy soiled, hose - well, the hose ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Damn. Goat makes great kebabs. Fancy a BBQ and some Aberystwith Bitter?

I had a few of them when I went there for my RAF Engineers interview in '87. If I had got in, I probably wouldn't be where I am today. Never mind. Topped the IQ tests and bolloxed the interview. Went on the reserve list but no one dropped out. I think in reality, it had something to do with my mum being the local chairperson of CND at the time. All our mail was opened and selotaped up before we got it.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Edwyn bought a job lot of these off Terry Jenkins from Church Village if I recall. Along with seven boxes of out of date walnut whips and two hundred hand whisks.
  • pinno
    You can never go wrong with a hand whisk.

Especially good for a mixed Salade a la chèvre.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Garry H wrote:
    Edwyn bought a job lot of these off Terry Jenkins from Church Village if I recall. Along with seven boxes of out of date walnut whips and two hundred hand whisks.

Salad? I've been living of walnut whips for the last year and a half.