It's Thursday, but now I'm safe in the eye of the tornado.

Garry H
Garry H Posts: 6,639
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
Konichiwa.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

ridecafeshopbask

based on the last couple of weeks, looking forward to another scorchio
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Garry H
    Where are?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, not enough sleep

Working from home as the decorator is here today, later is a long run and avoid the local (not been all week)!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Garry H wrote:
    Where are?
    I think SG is in Portugal.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Wet, wet, wet. And I don't mean the 80s heartthrob supergroup.

TDV away again now for the next week, so car in today, gym sesh, take some bods for a run and home to cubs chaos. Oh well.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Mgning, sunny an pretty much blue skys.

Day of faffing with workstations awaits just to break the monotony of faffing with servers :|
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Nice and sunny here now, bit moist first thing. I seem to have caught a throat infection off the lad which is bloody irritating.
    So MF is taking some bods for a run and TDV is away. Note he's not telling us who it is he's taking for a run. Not sure about the rest of you but I have my suspicions.
    Supposed to be out with a few of the neighbours for a drink tonight, hopefully our immediate neighbour won't be there as I might end up having words. Having spoken to them about noise and had insincere apologies we put a letter through their door last night. Just need to get through the rest of the day avoiding customers.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Nice and sunny here now, bit moist first thing. I seem to have caught a throat infection off the lad which is bloody irritating.
    So MF is taking some bods for a run and TDV is away. Note he's not telling us who it is he's taking for a run. Not sure about the rest of you but I have my suspicions.
    Supposed to be out with a few of the neighbours for a drink tonight, hopefully our immediate neighbour won't be there as I might end up having words. Having spoken to them about noise and had insincere apologies we put a letter through their door last night. Just need to get through the rest of the day avoiding customers.

Did the 'letter' involve petrol?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Where are?

lanzarote

bit windy today, and sunny
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Herro evelybody peeps

Me sat here me. Must get my act together and exploit the loverly wevver me.

It's a hard life.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Did the 'letter' involve petrol?
    No, but the next one might.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,

I've cancelled the run as my backside is now firmly planted on the couch I've installed in my office. I'm going as far as the gym and that's it.

Going to spend the next couple of hours doing some reading and thinking up things for my dream garage.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Someones just wafted a complained under my nose, not aimed at anyone particular more the new strict internet policy. They have complained because they cant use the online ordering system for a local takeaway because its blocked, apparently its needed so they can order lunch
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I can't replace the lies that let a thousand days go.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

What does that mean?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

What does that mean?

Not a lot.

It's the next line after "But now I'm safe in the eye of the tornado" from the Megadeth classic Tornado of Souls.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Where are?

lanzarote

bit windy today, and sunny
    I think you'll find it's Portugal.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Podcasts rock, especially this one that is causing lots of light bulb moments.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

What does that mean?

Not a lot.

It's the next line after "But now I'm safe in the eye of the tornado" from the Megadeth classic Tornado of Souls.

pah!! Don't tell him anything, because this morning I made the call, the one that ends it all.
  • Garry H

what moment? tell me, tell me now!
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

What does that mean?

Not a lot.

Oh - I thought that you were just feeling guilty about that fling you had with the cleaning lady from the pub three years ago and had finally decided to fess up about it before your other half found out.

Oh.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

what moment? tell me, tell me now!

"Traumatic brain injury in prolonged field care" podcast by some USMC doctor, really good. Stuff I haven't touched on for ages but as he talks it's causing loads of "oh yeah, that right" moments.

Still reckon TDNFNATN would explain it bettter though, especially if she had a bit of cleavage out.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

Oh - I thought that you were just feeling guilty about that fling you had with the cleaning lady from the pub three years ago and had finally decided to fess up about it before your other half found out.

Oh.

Sh*t, how did you know?! Don't tell anyone else. I thought that was between me, Myfanwy and the rat who lives in the pub cellar..
  • Garry H

Still reckon TDNFNATN would explain it bettter though, especially if she had a bit of cleavage out.

Yes, she could listen to the podcast first, then pretend that she knows stuff, like all good actors who went to acting college in Edinburgh would do.

Have you seen Choppy Warburton about?
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:

Oh.

Sh*t, how did you know?! Don't tell anyone else. I thought that was between me, Myfanwy and the rat who lives in the pub cellar..

You talking about "t*ts and hand shandy" Myfanwy from Abertawe?
  • hopkinb
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

What does that mean?

Not a lot.

pah!! Don't tell him anything, because this morning I made the call, the one that ends it all.

:D Had to have a listen on spotify after seeing the line.
  • hopkinb
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Oh.

Not you as well? She said I was her one and only. :evil:
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

What does that mean?

Not a lot.

:D Had to have a listen on spotify after seeing the line.

It's a classic. Love the guitar solo.
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:

Not you as well? She said I was her one and only. :evil:

she says that to all of her "clients"
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Oh.

Myfanwy the handy as she goes by. Lovely girl, makes a great bara brith.

Went out with Anarawd for a while until he professed his love for the Scarlett's and she being a Neath girl couldn't handle it. Threw a pail of call at him.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.