PSA Bike stuff in Aldi Sun 21 May

natrix
natrix Posts: 1,111
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
Bike stuff in Aldi Sun 21 May :D

Don't know what they'll have yet..........
~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~

Comments

• shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Probably a load on sh1te if past experience is any guide.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I find some of the Aldi stuff great value, gloves/Mitts especially.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • shortfall
    Stuff like stitching and zips on their clothing range is p1ss poor. Yeah it's cheap but not in the long run if you have to replace it every couple of years (or less).
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Shortfall wrote:
    Stuff like stitching and zips on their clothing range is p1ss poor. Yeah it's cheap but not in the long run if you have to replace it every couple of years (or less).

Funny that. I bought a few Aldi jerseys for commuting about 7 years ago. Some are still unworn as they refuse to die. Admittedly, on one the cuff stitching has come loose (easy fix if it really mattered) but that after a considerable mileage and the fabric is wearing better than that of a Castelli jersey I've only worn a few times.

Bought them around 2010. Not bad really - probably have a good 10 years at 100 miles per week left in them.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • shortfall
    Rolf F wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

Funny that. I bought a few Aldi jerseys for commuting about 7 years ago. Some are still unworn as they refuse to die. Admittedly, on one the cuff stitching has come loose (easy fix if it really mattered) but that after a considerable mileage and the fabric is wearing better than that of a Castelli jersey I've only worn a few times.

Bought them around 2010. Not bad really - probably have a good 10 years at 100 miles per week left in them.......

Certainly not my experience but fair play if you've had better wear out of their stuff.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Bordersroadie
    Bordersroadie Posts: 1,052
    I like my Assos and other nice brands but my Aldi Base layers and winter longs are 5 years old with repeated wear and are still going strong.

I also got three proper race fit long sleeve spring type jerseys a few years back and they have been fabulous in every way.

Their led lights are very good quality and cheap.

Gloves, socks etc are good too. Chamois quality of shorts etc is basic as you'd expect.

There's a bit of sh1te on offer too, but easy to spot.
  • myideal
    myideal Posts: 231
    Hum your right that it used to be decent.

Not so sure on the current lot. The premium range of the winter stuff was ok actually, but the budget stuff (which looks like this summer lot) isn't the best.