Evans Cycles Road Sportive 2017

oneoff
oneoff Posts: 29
Hello,

I have a question for anyone who rode this event. I'm interested in riding the medium route by myself. According to the brief the route heads North from Harewood which is clear enough. However, when we approach Fewston do we take a left to the reservoirs or carry on straight over to the Skipton road and on to Menwith Hill?

Thanks and best wishes,

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Evans host many events so I don't know which one you are referring to, but Evans usually provide a gpx file in advance and you should be provided with a map on the day. Their routes are adequately signposted so there is less risk of you getting lost on the day.
    Enjoy the event.
  • oneoff
    Hello,

Sorry for my rubbish post, I was in a hurry to get to the pub. The event was the Evans Cycles Leeds Sportive 2017 which took place back in March.

Thanks and best wishes,
  • The GPX file is here if that makes it easier https://app.box.com/s/4fnhypuik06fsu9va11c908eiimlnzie

The route actually heads slightly south and east skirting the edge of Wetherby before heading north, you don't get to Fewston until much later in the ride approaching it from the west.
  • The GPX file is here if that makes it easier https://app.box.com/s/4fnhypuik06fsu9va11c908eiimlnzie

The route actually heads slightly south and east skirting the edge of Wetherby before heading north, you don't get to Fewston until much later in the ride approaching it from the west.

Do you have the confirmation for the long route?
  • oneoff
    Thanks Mark RIDE IT,

That's great. I'll take your word that the ride heads south although the brief clearly says otherwise. Your contact website is the Evans site so I guess you should know. Also a quick word for http://maplorer.com/view_gpx.html
    for fellow non smartphone/Garmin etc users to view gpx files on a PC. Move the mouse over the elevation graph to see the direction of travel.

Thanks again and best wishes,
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    If I might interject, I did the Evans Ride It Reading MTB ride on Saturday (and a thoroughly great ride I had too, despite a flint-torn rear tyre). My point is that the description text of their joining instructions is clearly cut/pasted/updated from previous years because there are places that are contradictory and clearly based on old, obsolete information. Perhaps this is a similar situation?
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • figbat wrote:
    If I might interject, I did the Evans Ride It Reading MTB ride on Saturday (and a thoroughly great ride I had too, despite a flint-torn rear tyre). My point is that the description text of their joining instructions is clearly cut/pasted/updated from previous years because there are places that are contradictory and clearly based on old, obsolete information. Perhaps this is a similar situation?

This is quite possible. My confirmation email says no route information or gpx will be released until the Thursday before the event in case any changes are made to the route, so until I get the mail confirming the route I wouldn't go by previous info