sungod Posts: 16,514
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

long ride out southeastish, cafes, maybe a fry-up at halfway point
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    nice early morning blast on the bike as the sun came up. Bit of a rubbish sunrise to be honest ... but the ride was great .... now its coffee time, then bide my time until Lunch and a glorious feast of Bella Pasta kids meals and crayons up noses
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    A day of jobs I think, as a guy is coming to rotavate the front weed plot and I need to finish stripping the hall and landing woodchip removal before the decorator comes next week.

I would much rather go cycling
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    Nothing much planned for today, bank holiday piss up later.

Might do a few bits around the house.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    "Brunch" with the boy at Queens' College (£1.60 - he's paying :wink:) then back to the house for F1 with his sister. Then out on the bike.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Well that's the truck washed and cleaned inside, I think a cup of tea is in order followed by an hour on the bike,as we are having a carvery at 1oclock
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Bit blowy out today. Chilling and drinking tea for now. Out for a walk with the wife and female child in a bit. Late lunch at my folks this afternoon for my birthday, this means gnocchi a la romana and tiramisu with a roast in the middle. Mmmmm...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Took the hound through the park & woods to enjoy a bit of sunshine. Now supping tea for a change and planning a fairly slow day if possible, interspersed with football and food. A spot of Thai is on the cards for dinner tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,514
    cut ride short but still a pleasant 84km, headwind out, tailwind back

nippy start but warmed up to be quite pleasant, though this has led to the roads filling with swarms of slow noisy things mostly with four wheels

time to do some fettling, then veg out, maybe wander to waitrose
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    oxoman wrote:
    Then home to face the music as fell out with other half. At ĺeast it will be quiet today.

One cannot possibly be exclusive of the other.

Morning evelybody peeps

Blowing a hooley out there. Fooking wevver. Supposed to be nice the morra. Off with toots swimming soon at the local 'municipal' when it opens up for free swimming (I think it's actually part of a national plan to clean the great unwashed). Right now they're driving me up the wall as the conception of time hasn't really dawned on them but so far no crayons up noses. One of them is 'tooking dinner' and the other is doodling masterpieces. Despite entirely different pursuits, they still manage to argue.

Tour of Romandy has been dull as ditchwater, TdY might be a bit better and something to look forward to later.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Been to park with the kids. Sunny, but blowing a hoolie, as above.

Was watching Swiss climber Ueli Steck on you tube last night, found out now that he just died on Everest. RIP The Swiss Machine.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Garry H wrote:
    Was watching Swiss climber Ueli Steck on you tube last night, found out now that he just died on Everest. RIP The Swiss Machine.
    That's some coincidence. I saw the news and watched the youtube clip of his 2hr 47min climb up the North face of The Eiger :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    That's some coincidence. I saw the news and watched the youtube clip of his 2hr 47min climb up the North face of The Eiger :shock:

It's like he's just out for a stroll. When I first heard of his 2008 record, I thought "this must be a mistake".
  • pinno
    That French guy 'the Fly' died too a while back. I had a No Fear poster of him stretching out sideways up a cliff in Brazil.
  • Garry H
    Alain Robert? He's still alive!
  • Garry H
    Ya dancer!
  • Garry H
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:

He's like an ant.

Some people have something else. In fact, it's very few people.
  • Garry H
    One less now.

Without his like, we would never have ventured out of the caves.

Guten Nacht. Bon Nuit. Good Night. Buenos Noches. Nos Da.