Pickenflick or Orro Terra

davidw007
davidw007 Posts: 37
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

After a bit of advice, especially from anyone who may have the bikes I'm looking at.

I've been after another CX bike for a few weeks and seem to have settled on one of two.

First is the On One Pickenflick http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBOOPICKCX1/on-one-pickenflick-sram-force-1

And the other is the Orro Terra Limited edition http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Orro-Terra-Gravel-Disc-105-3T-Discus-Pro-2017-Road-Bike_102922.htm?gclid=COz4_YyOxdMCFQaVGwodHPcNtw

With the current 15% available from Tredz the Orro will be £1,150 and the Pickenflick £1,800 plus it could probably do with some better wheels.

I'll mainly be using it for weekend rides with about 50% off road on local trails, the occasional CX race and longer CX sportive such as the Tour of the Cornfields.

However it will also be used for the odd slower ride with the family so comfort is important which makes me worry about the racier Pickenflick frame.

Obviously the Pickenflick has the better quality frame material but I think it would need another couple of hundred pounds spending on it to improve the finishing kit, the Orro looks ready to go IMO.

I'm just trying to work out if the additional expense is worth it for the Pickenflick. Any advice or experience anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I'd get the planet x frame and fork set and build it up to my own spec.
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    I've got a picknflick as has my son great bikes, have put lighter wheels and groupset on it, superb ride.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Are you happy with the 1x11 gears on the Pickenflick? Never ridden a 1x11 myself, but think I prefer a double
  • davidw007
    davidw007 Posts: 37
    fatsmoker wrote:
    Are you happy with the 1x11 gears on the Pickenflick? Never ridden a 1x11 myself, but think I prefer a double
    It's a pretty wide range and the reduced maintenance is a plus. There is a Rival 22 version as well which is an option, and it's £100 less
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    DavidW007 wrote:
    fatsmoker wrote:
    It's a pretty wide range and the reduced maintenance is a plus. There is a Rival 22 version as well which is an option, and it's £100 less
    Then i'd get the rival 22 version.
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Mine was the Rival model but running Red on it at the moment, wont take a 53/39 due to lack of clearence but ok with 50/34.