Big bike bags

djhnz
djhnz Posts: 50
edited April 2017 in Road general
Does anyone have suggestions of a big bike bag?

My seatpost is seized and doesn't really move. not generally a problem, but it is for travelling...

Any bag or box suggestions which don't require removing the seatpost? they must exist for bikes with integrated seatposts and the like?

On the way here the seat was sticking out of the box which the airline wasn't overly happy about. not sure I want to test their leniency twice.

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Planet X. My XXL Wilier Izoard fits in it without the seat post dropped/removed. It (and, most importantly, it's contents) have survived numerous flights to Portugal and Lanzarote. Cheap and very cheerful!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    I dont get the logic on here sometimes. You would rather spend the money on a bag to fit the seized seatpost than actually fixing the problem?!
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Probs cheaper to ask a bike shop to have a go at releasing it ?
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    This DHB one only requires removal of wheels and pedals http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-soft-wheeled-bike-bag/
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • djhnz
    djhnz Posts: 50
    AK_jnr wrote:
    I dont get the logic on here sometimes. You would rather spend the money on a bag to fit the seized seatpost than actually fixing the problem?!
    I've tried everything. it won't budge, the only remaining option is to cut it.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    +1 for Planet X bag. Plenty big enough to leave seatpost as it is.