Wahoo RFLKT

Tashman
Tashman Posts: 3,400
edited October 2017 in Road general
I bought a RFLKT at the great price they had recently but must say I'm a little underwhelmed. It constantly loses it's connection with the handset, leaving me with a blank screen. I only use it to display my time/speed so only basics but it's frustrating that it keeps dropping. Has anyone else had similar issues?
I want to try the turn by turn option but there's no point if the basics can't work.

Comments

• figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I use a RFLKT a lot, on both my MTB and road bike. I have had a few dropouts but have found that making sure there is as little between the phone and the RFLKT as possible helps. Now I put it in my central pocket on the back of my jersey, with the screen facing backwards so the back of the phone against my back). I make sure there is no wallet or other stuff in the same pocket. Since doing this I have not dropped once. I also put a new battery in it, although I don't think this was the issue.

I use an iPhone 7 in a thin case and use the Wahoo Fitness app, which I then upload to Strava at the end of a ride.

I was not aware of a turn-by-turn capability. :shock:
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • Tashman
    figbat wrote:
    I use a RFLKT a lot, on both my MTB and road bike. I have had a few dropouts but have found that making sure there is as little between the phone and the RFLKT as possible helps. Now I put it in my central pocket on the back of my jersey, with the screen facing backwards so the back of the phone against my back). I make sure there is no wallet or other stuff in the same pocket. Since doing this I have not dropped once. I also put a new battery in it, although I don't think this was the issue.

I use an iPhone 7 in a thin case and use the Wahoo Fitness app, which I then upload to Strava at the end of a ride.

I was not aware of a turn-by-turn capability. :shock:

I run mine similarly, but with an Android Sony phone.I store mine in the midle pocket too, although an oversize me in the way may effect things i guess. might try in one of the side pockets or the saddle bag!

Turn by turn requires Ride with GPS
  • Tashman
    Now looking at getting speed/cadence sensors to make better use of my newly acqquired turbo. Does anyone have recommendations.
  • The Wahoo ones have served me well. Alternative would be the Duotrap if you have the suitable recess in your frame.