edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

slightly hungover and sleep deprived

ride, cafe etc., then a day of skiving i think, definitely no toucans
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Can't work from home because the wife is there today, so going to a local(ish) branch to at least get a few miles in the legs

Kids are either at friends or have friends over, so this may impact pub time later
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Most of the day to myself. Need a new cycling wardrobe. Need new beer.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    a crap fiday at work, trying to catch up on all the stuff I have failed to achieve during the week
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Busy weekend ahead, but today, I will finish my second espresso, send some emails then go to Chef's Table for lunch, followed by a pub on the canal for lunch, then over to theft ville for dinner to celebrate the Dates interview success, new job doesn't start for months mind.

Onwards and upwards
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in to work on a bicycle this morning. Meeting the Mrs in the pub on the way home as well so will definitely be wobbling after that. Then heading over to Wombledon to meet an old school friend, that could get messy. By pure coincidence another friend that went to the paying school up the road is meeting some old school friends of his in the same pub. We might start a fight for old times sake. Mind you, if it's like the old days there will just be a bit of verbal and lots of posturing but not much will actually happen. There's only two of us though, do you fancy lending a hand Seano?
    Being Fryday I will of course be going to the cafe to consume some dead pig. Unfortunately I suspect I will be pestered by customers during the course of the day.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in to work on a bicycle this morning. Meeting the Mrs in the pub on the way home as well so will definitely be wobbling after that. Then heading over to Wombledon to meet an old school friend, that could get messy. By pure coincidence another friend that went to the paying school up the road is meeting some old school friends of his in the same pub. We might start a fight for old times sake. Mind you, if it's like the old days there will just be a bit of verbal and lots of posturing but not much will actually happen. There's only two of us though, do you fancy lending a hand Seano?
    Being Fryday I will of course be going to the cafe to consume some dead pig. Unfortunately I suspect I will be pestered by customers during the course of the day.
    If it's Kings I'm there, snotty nosed whatsits, "I'll give you stripey blazers! And I'll shove that cricket bat up your arse! You'd enjoy that I suppose, bunch of.... Hold me back V68, hold me back!"
    Just found out I'm finishing at 12:30 today so would have to hang around in the pub for quite a while. I'll be the sozzled one at the bar dribbling over the barmaid.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    seanoconn wrote:
    . I'll be the sozzled one at the bar dribbling over the barmaid.

and this is different to normal how?

New helmet, S works Evade or Kask protone, bored of my current spesh
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

That's them Seano, should be in the Gland in Hand for about 8.30.
    When I worked in this particular pub the landlord asked a particularly pretty barmaid to go and change as customers weren't drinking they were just drooling. She was stunning and the dress was very tight, an image forever etched in my memory.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Currently browsing for a new running watch as the garmin I inherited clipped a few valuable KMs off last nights run, I don't think it should take a gadget 15 minutes to find a satelite.

Does anyone have experience of a Garmin 230? Saves me searching if any of you lot can tell me it's worth a punt.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

New helmet, S works Evade or Kask protone, bored of my current spesh

protone - if it fits you of course, i used to wear giro but find the protone shape more comfy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

When I worked in this particular pub the landlord asked a particularly pretty barmaid to go and change as customers weren't drinking they were just drooling. She was stunning and the dress was very tight, an image forever etched in my memory.
    Thanks for the offer V, I would love to but as I'm a shadow of my former self I have kids to amuse and a wife to satisfy this evening. But I promise to MTFU one of these days.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

If you get in a scrap V68, give me a bell and I'll pedal furiously up the hill to hold your jacket.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

If you get in a scrap V68, give me a bell and I'll pedal furiously up the hill to hold your jacket.
    Thanks mate, that's just what I need a sweaty mess panting after riding up Edge Hill offering to help. :mrgreen:
    In truth my mate that went to Kings is one of my Wednesday night drinking buddies and even more fighting averse than I am.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Garry H wrote:
    Need a new cycling wardrobe.

No you don't; you need a life change. Do you think that a bit of retail therapy is going to stop you being a miserable, depressed basket?

That's one helluva U turn Seano. No respect there, no street cred. No testiculos obviously. You spank those posh boys bottoms VN, ra ra ra.

Me indoor pedalling me. Wtf is a 'Garmin'?!

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Currently browsing for a new running watch as the garmin I inherited clipped a few valuable KMs off last nights run, I don't think it should take a gadget 15 minutes to find a satelite.

Does anyone have experience of a Garmin 230? Saves me searching if any of you lot can tell me it's worth a punt.

Got a 235 love it, think the difference between the 230 is the optical HR.

Edit, I only go on local trails and roads so I don't map or hide under long tunnels
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Wtf is a 'Garmin'?!
    Expensive, and obsolete as soon as you've bought it.
    What's the eldest competing in Oxo?
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Need a new cycling wardrobe.

No you don't; you need a life change. Do you think that a bit of retail therapy is going to stop you being a miserable, depressed basket?

That's one helluva U turn Seano. No respect there, no street cred. No testiculos obviously. You spank those posh boys bottoms VN, ra ra ra.

Me indoor pedalling me. Wtf is a 'Garmin'?!

Laters.
    I was hoping he wasn't going to actually name a time and place.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Wtf is a 'Garmin'?!
    Expensive, and obsolete as soon as you've bought it.
    What's the eldest competing in Oxo?

Gravy making competition.

You did an about turn quicker then Rosco P Coltrane Seano.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    I did.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Gland in Hand for about 8.30.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I did.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oi! I could always weasel out of husband duties just to start on you, your posh friends and your jacket carrier.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Flâneur wrote:

Got a 235 love it, think the difference between the 230 is the optical HR.

Edit, I only go on local trails and roads so I don't map or hide under long tunnels

I've got the HR strap off my bike garmin so could just use that.

230 is on it's way anyway :)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I did.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oi! I could always weasel out of husband duties just to start on you, your posh friends and your jacket carrier.
    My mate hasn't confirmed yet so at this rate I probably won't even be there myself. But I owe him some cash so he has a good reason to go.
    Jacket carrier is bigger than me so I'll hide behind him.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I did.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My mate hasn't confirmed yet so at this rate I probably won't even be there myself. But I owe him some cash so he has a good reason to go.
    Jacket carrier is bigger than me so I'll hide behind him.

Come on, I'll have the lot of yer, one at a time, all at once, I don't care...just let me get my breath back and I'll be right with you.
  • veronese68
    oxoman wrote:
    V68 He currently does Taekwondo and needs to up his game a bit as competing in Holland in the summer, having only become an official adult by a matter of days then. Originally going to Argentina as a junior but bank of mum and dad unable to fully fund, team has recently decided to pull from the comp due to lack of funding so Holland it is.
    Excellent, good luck to him.
    Can he come to a pub in Wimbledon tonight as my minder? I'll buy him a pint.
  • seanoconn
    I could buy two minders for the price of a pint by Wimbledon common.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    The first rule of Wimbledon fight club...

Couldn't be arrised to ride in today as was feeling too tired after going out last night and having one too many, so will have to go running tomorrow to make up for it :( Still pretty quiet in the office, which is just well as I'm still playing catch up. Roll on the long weekend...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    oxoman wrote:
    Judging by comments from fellow competitors currently on route via the M1 we wouldn't get you before tomorrow teatime. On his previous performance with a pint that turned into several mixed with other strange alcoholic liquids, he can have a pint of milk.
    That's fine my mate can't make it as he has to pick his son up* so we are now doing Wednesday. Should I try to get some gold top so he can keep his strength up?

* pesky kids, who'd 'ave 'em. This whole saga was because my mate has repaired a car my son clipped in his Mini.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Judging by comments from fellow competitors currently on route via the M1 we wouldn't get you before tomorrow teatime. On his previous performance with a pint that turned into several mixed with other strange alcoholic liquids, he can have a pint of milk.
    That's fine my mate can't make it as he has to pick his son up* so we are now doing Wednesday. Should I try to get some gold top so he can keep his strength up?

pesky kids, who'd 'ave 'em. This whole saga was because my mate has repaired a car my son clipped in his Mini.

So basically, the fight's not happening unless VN takes them on himself.

RIP VN.

FWIW, I think the mini is obviously too big for him. He needs an Isetta.

Watch T47 spring into action with his key words alarm software thingy.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    FWIW, I think the mini is obviously too big for him. He needs an Isetta.
    You're probably right. I saw him the other day with his sister and three of his mates in the car. Being a good elder brother he let his sister sit in the front and three yoofs all over 6' were in the back. How many 18 year olds can you get in an Isetta?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I'm making a salad. Carrot, Peppers, Pomegranate and soya beans. Soya beans are currently simmering.

Went to Decathlon and bought the kids an archery set.