Cycling Jerseys.

RoadRacer1973
RoadRacer1973 Posts: 20
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Where do most of your guys buy your replica Cycling jerseys?
I've had a dabble in buying some clobber on Ebay from the likes of China-Hong Kong etc.
Obviously the gear is fake but they are priced well to stroll about in.
The last 3-4 years i have got much more serious and went from mountain biking to the road.
but christ cycling is a expensive hobby.
I thought football shirts were expensive till i saw some cycling ones.
I'm not a penny pincher but surely there is some decent websites out there that sell decent stuff at competitive price.
I don't mind buying from abroad (I'm in Uk)
I even don't mind buying older stock ie 2015-16 what happens to all the old stock?
Love the Tinkoff Saxo gear and other than china I'm struggling to find a in between store.
don't want the cheap crap but not to bothered about buying 2017 gear either
I'd be happy with a 2015/16 original gear
anyone know any competitive sites other than the normal ie Chain Reaction/Tredz/Wiggle etc.

Comments

• cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    Don't buy replica kit, you'll look like a tool.

Best time to get good kit cheap is at the end of the year when they change their stock. The likes of Morvelo and Svelte who make top notch kit but @ £70+ per jersey, will reduce things right down towards £30 or less if you're lucky.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    If you must,
    Bobshop

There is some cracking technical kit out there by Endura, Sportful, Castelli.... cycling is not football.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing team replica kit. I have used Prendas for a few retro jerseys in the past, excellent quality and a good range to choose from. I have plenty of other non-team jerseys as well of comparable quality. I enjoy the adult privilege of wearing whatever I want without wondering what everyone else might think.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    ^^ Prendas. Great service and I like the way that it is old style kit but made with modern stuff. Good value too.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    We all used to wear team kit back in the day but now there's lots of choice. Check out wiggle for kit.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    cougie wrote:
    We all used to wear team kit back in the day but now everyone just wears black
    :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've bought a few retro jersies from AliExpress and been happy with the quality for the price I paid. The issue with AliExpress is you can't search properly if you want a Super U jersey, you have to look through all the listings.
    A recent look found GCN bibs and jersey.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I mainly wear DHB cycling kit.
    Some of their jerseys are really nice and you can pick them up for £30/40.

I thought I was happy wearing DHB stuff until I splashed out on an Ale' one. Oh my how nice italian made kit is though.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I must admit I find that Ale branding to be baffling. Let's face it, it says "Ale" and it can be a little humorous to see some chaps squeezed into a jersey with "Beer" written on it, bit like seeing Homer sponsored by Duff. I know the makers want us to pronounce it "Allez", but I don't get that either. Allez is, to me, a term associated with French cycling, not Italian (perhaps Ugo can correct me) so why pick a term that either means beer or (to the majority of cyclists) looks mis-spelt and from the wrong country :?
  • redvee wrote:
    I've bought a few retro jersies from AliExpress and been happy with the quality for the price I paid. The issue with AliExpress is you can't search properly if you want a Super U jersey, you have to look through all the listings.
    A recent look found GCN bibs and jersey.

For the cost of them it's worth a punt for a couple. I've just ordered 2, about £11/12 each
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Things that will make you look like a tool:

Wearing team kit
    Wearing retro team kit
    Wearing Rapha kit
    Wearing club kit
    Wearing Assos
    Wearing cycling kit

Just decide whether you give a feck about what anyone else thinks, especially folk that have been into cycling for two minutes and who think that "The Rules" are to be taken seriously. If you don't, then Prendas is the place for you.
  • What about wearing Ralpha?

33474699124_be6d8c18b9_z.jpg
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • Garry H
    What about wearing Ralpha?

Excellent! Where's that from?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Garry H wrote:

Wearing team kit
    Not wearing team kit
    Wearing retro team kit
    Not wearing retro team kit
    Wearing Rapha kit
    Not wearing Rapha kit
    Wearing club kit
    Not wearing club kit
    Wearing Assos
    Not wearing Assos kit
    Wearing cycling kit
    Not wearing cycling kit

Just decide whether you give a feck about what anyone else thinks, especially folk that have been into cycling for two minutes and who think that "The Rules" are to be taken seriously. If you don't, then Prendas is the place for you.

Fixed your comment so it appeals to everyone equally... ;)
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

I need that jersey..
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cougie wrote:
    We all used to wear team kit back in the day but now everyone just wears black
    :wink:

back in the day peoples bikes were all different colours, so team kit matched ...... these days everyone just says there bike is stealth and paints it black ... ergo everyone wears black
  • Garry H
    Imposter wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Wearing team kit
    Not wearing team kit
    Wearing retro team kit
    Not wearing retro team kit
    Wearing Rapha kit
    Not wearing Rapha kit
    Wearing club kit
    Not wearing club kit
    Wearing Assos
    Not wearing Assos kit
    Wearing cycling kit
    Not wearing cycling kit

Fixed your comment so it appeals to everyone equally... ;)

Bang on
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

Post of the day!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I like it !
  • KevinA
    KevinA Posts: 492
    cgfw201 wrote:
    Don't buy replica kit, you'll look like a tool.

Best time to get good kit cheap is at the end of the year when they change their stock. The likes of Morvelo and Svelte who make top notch kit but @ £70+ per jersey, will reduce things right down towards £30 or less if you're lucky.

No you wont, you will look like you are a cycling fan or that you like the team kit.

I have plain castelli tops, couple of tinkoff saxo tops which I got from probikekit and a bianchi jersey.

I very rarely wear just a cycling jersey, I usually have a gilet or jacket and I have a Sky Castelli Gilet, Rapha Jacket, Castelli Jacket and a Castelli Gilet

Shops I have bought clothing from are

Tredz
    Wiggle
    Rapha
    Sigma
    Probikekit

Never had any issues with them, out of the 5 I would try Tredz last as they do mess up stock from time to time and this causes delays.
  • KevinA
    Garry H wrote:

Wearing team kit
    Wearing retro team kit
    Wearing Rapha kit
    Wearing club kit
    Wearing Assos
    Wearing cycling kit

Why does wearing a Team kit and Rapha make you look like a tool?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I think he's making the point that lycra isnt usually the most flattering bit of kit for the average joe.

Only sparrow like athletes can really carry it off. Just don't worry about it or look in the mirror. Works for me.
  • KevinA
    I would feel like more of a tool if I wasnt wearing road cycling kit to be honest.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    No to team kit, I dont get paid to wear it so why advertise?

I feel the same about football tops or polo shirts with flashy logo's.

There is enough nice kit out there which isn't expensive IMO.

That said I am usually in club kit or something that matches like my Extexondo Rain Jersey.

Each to their own mind.

We could start a discussion on sock length!
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Garry H
    KevinA wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Wearing team kit
    Wearing retro team kit
    Wearing Rapha kit
    Wearing club kit
    Wearing Assos
    Wearing cycling kit

Why does wearing a Team kit and Rapha make you look like a tool?

Why are some people unable to to detect tongue in cheek humour, without the use of an emoticon?

My point, which others seem to have picked up on, was that regardless what you wear, some tool will think that you look like a tool. Cycling seems to be full of snoberry and inverted snoberry.
  • Probikekit if you are still after replica kit, normally Sept/Oct best time as it goes in the sale at the end of the season.