British cycling chain reaction discount code

rflook
rflook Posts: 72
edited April 2017 in Road general
Hi,

I have just found out that british cycling members get a 10% discount at Chain Reaction cycles. I wish i had known this before joining CTC. As I cant justify belonging to two organisations is there any kindly soul out there who would let me use their british cycling discount for this month?

Heres hoping.

Comments

• Don't worry, it seems a bit of a funny one. If you click through the BC store the prices are the same as on the normal website anyway.
  • The prices will be the same. The BC discount is a code applied at checkout. It works fine, but Ive already used mine.
  • rflook
    The prices will be the same.

Bit confused? So the discount doesn't a actually work/make a difference?
  • Sorry just checked and it's different now.

They used to have a "BC store" but you didn't save anything, they just took off their normal discount and added the BC one.

This seems to be a one off 10% discount code.
  • rflook
    Sorry just checked and it's different now.

They used to have a "BC store" but you didn't save anything, they just took off their normal discount and added the BC one.

Apparently you get a new one every month. If anyone is able to let me use their April one I would be very grateful
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Are you likely to spend over £260 in chainreaction in a year? just sign up
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • rflook
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Are you likely to spend over £260 in chainreaction in a year? just sign up

Unfortunately no :-( im not that wealthy :-(
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    Yeah, you get a new one-time-use code each month, but sadly I've already used mine for this month and already have plans for May as well, otherwise I'd be glad to help you out.

There's got to be someone on here who's not planning on buying something in the next couple of days!
  • Here is mine :)

BCM109N9&Q11
    2014 Rose Xeon CW when its not raining
    2010 Dolan Preffisio when it is
    CAAD4 retired now and hanging on the wall
  • rflook
    Here is mine :)
    BCM109N9&Q11

LEGEND - thank you so much :-)
  • IanRCarter
    IanRCarter Posts: 217
    Sorry just checked and it's different now.

That was Wiggle, not CRC. And, it gave you the same as the 'platinum' members got on Wiggle (have to spend £500 in the past year to be platinum). It's save 12% off the list price, so if an item is discount to say, 15% off, then you wouldn't get a discount. If it was only 6% off then it would bump it up to 12% off. Of course, if you are already a platinum member and logged in, everything will show as at least 12% off already so you wouldn't save anything if you had gone through the BC store.
  • Cipollini
    Cipollini Posts: 255
    I've tried entering my BC code (June yesterday, July code today) and I get "please enter code in valid format" error message. Any ideas or anyone got a code I could use?
    Cheers
  • I've tried entering my BC code (June yesterday, July code today) and I get "please enter code in valid format" error message. Any ideas or anyone got a code I could use?
    Cheers

Email them and they'll refund you. No answer to why it doesn't take certain codes. Happens to me every month.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bigcgilmour
    bigcgilmour Posts: 106
    I've tried entering my BC code (June yesterday, July code today) and I get "please enter code in valid format" error message. Any ideas or anyone got a code I could use?
    Cheers

I'm the same I order stuff pretty much on a monthly basis, but my codes never work!
  • Also bare in mind Evans will price match including the BC discount.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    Bump - anyone noticed that things have changed with the BC/CRC discount code?
    It used to work on EVERYTHING - even on sale stuff, no matter the size of the order,
    EVERY time, even though it states 'single use'...
    Now, min. order £99, and single use!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Unimpressed, saved a fortune since joining in Feb of this year.
    Bought a shedload of stuff for my bike build and then a load more
    when I started building a bike for my son for Xmas, recently.
    Bugger!
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    This has already been mentioned in another thread four days ago.

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=13039143
  • chris_bass
    With people sharing codes, I wonder why CRC changed the conditions?
  • Hey,

i want to buy a bike on sale at Chain Reaction Cycles and was looking for some discount codes. Then i´ve read about British Cycling and a permanent 10% code for CRC. I´d like to spend the 23£ for a membership. The Problem is that i´m from Germany and it seems like there´s no way to join the club because they need a british address.

If theres anybody who doesnt need his code for April i would be very grateful for. It hurts to spend over 200£ more than necessary.

Or is there a way to join BC? I´m ordering very often at CRC.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    It's been £90 odd for a while now.

One other word of caution. Always LOG IN before you a) buy and b) enter the code. If you apply to the code to your basket then log in it often gets lost, not applied and then can't be used again.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    Konanproof wrote:
    Or is there a way to join BC? I´m ordering very often at CRC.

Send BC an email - I'm sure they'll welcome your £23 - failing that, someone willing to act as a proxy address so you can join?
  • someone willing to act as a proxy address
    There´s nobody in UK i could ask for.

Asked for a forgein membership. Waiting for reply.

Is the discount working on items on sale for sure?
  • chris_bass