Singapore

Bassworm
Bassworm Posts: 21
edited April 2017 in MTB general
Being sent to Singapore for the next ten days. Anyone got experience of riding out there, and can anyone recommend anywhere to hire a bike? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• What are you planning to do? I went for a ride in Pulau Ubin for an afternoon (Island near Changi airport). They had plenty of bikes over there, and a bit of singletrack. Not masses of trails, but enough to have a change from the city for a few hours. The bikes were all pretty sketchy because most of the visitors are just using them to tootle around the island (Pretty sure I saw a Raleigh Activator from the 1980s amongst the choice!). The trip over to the island was worthwhile too.
  • Bassworm
    Bassworm Posts: 21
    What are you planning to do? I went for a ride in Pulau Ubin for an afternoon (Island near Changi airport). They had plenty of bikes over there, and a bit of singletrack. Not masses of trails, but enough to have a change from the city for a few hours. The bikes were all pretty sketchy because most of the visitors are just using them to tootle around the island (Pretty sure I saw a Raleigh Activator from the 1980s amongst the choice!). The trip over to the island was worthwhile too.

Cheers Russ, so long as I get some riding in I don't mind whether it's trail, road or gentle cycle tracks. Just want to keep moving if I can so the knees don't seize up (I'm getting on a bit). :-)