spotify to USB

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited July 2019 in The cake stop
I know spotify has DRM encoding, but has anyone ever transferred a playlist from spotify premium to a USB stick or similar, was hoping to use in car for some long trips? Have seen some stuff online spotify to music to USB converter downloads, but not sure if the safest thing to use.
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    If you have premium, you can save the playlist to your phone for offline playback then just play it through that - that'd be the approved and safest method to achieve what you want.
  • bianchimoon
    TimothyW wrote:
    If you have premium, you can save the playlist to your phone for offline playback then just play it through that - that'd be the approved and safest method to achieve what you want.
    ahh downloading that now, I take it you don't need mobile data for that, you can just plug and play to car audio?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    TimothyW wrote:
    Perfect - thanks for your help :)
  • I know spotify has DRM encoding, but has anyone ever transferred a playlist from spotify premium to a USB stick or similar, was hoping to use in car for some long trips? Have seen some stuff online spotify to music to USB converter downloads, but not sure if the safest thing to use.
    Have you ever transferred Spotify music to USB and can it play? Spotify's music is protected by DRM. If you want to play music on USB, you need to convert Spotify to MP3 format. This means you need to use some other tools to do this, there are free tools.
  • Don't forget to check the quality settings, there are options for streaming and offline, I think the default for offline is normal so if you have space on your phone you can up this to 'high' or 'very high'.