Carbon fibre bottle holder for £1?

Moonbiker
Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    its £1 ... really how bad can it be ... even if its an awesome scam to scam a thousand people, you are only loosing a £1 ..... if you need something to hold a bottle you cant go wrong

well unless it snaps or doesn't fit

personally I only pay £60 for CF bottle holders ... its about the image don't you know
  • Moonbiker
    Probably they are made by slave children also but I bet the £60 ones are 2. :x
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272
    It's not carbon fibre... it's a lookalike in plastic. There is no way you can manufacture at that cost... don't think it even covers the cost of raw material (being that the lowest possible quality)
    left the forum March 2023
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Looks just like carbon fiber.......

It's plastic. And the 'carbon' effect paint isn't very convincing. Did you honestly think it's real carbon fibre Moonbiker ?
  • Moonbiker
    Its not really important as for a bottle holder plastic is an ok material.

Looks like a custom elite.
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    The seller also sells loads of other ridiculously cheap goods that all look fake.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Yep they are Elite Custom Race copies which are also made from plastic. They dont look too bad for £1. Still seem like a good bargain. Might grab a couple.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272
    Moonbiker wrote:
    Its not really important as for a bottle holder plastic is an ok material.

Looks like a custom elite.

Yes, however

1) fake carbon looks as ridiculous as an air spoiler on a Fiesta

2) If your bottle holder fails and you have nowhere else to put your bottle, you might be in trouble... little things can cause major hassle... don't underestimate the role of a bottle holder... mine are in titanium and virtually indestructible
    left the forum March 2023