wednesday laced with laudanum

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ensconced in the st.p eurostar lounge swigging espresso, yawn, visit some of my guys in france and prepare for globalmegacorp stuff with another gmc tomorrow, going to be a long day, sigh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    aren't you lot up yet? lazy sods

still in st.p, on train waiting for them to find the missing electricity and/or unbung the tunnel depending on which announcement is the more accurate

on the plus side they brought me brekkie and i have four plump seats all to myself

i just suggested to the chap topping up my coffee that if we wait much longer he should bring out the wine
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Are you on the way yet Sungod?
    Bloody cold again here in sunny Lincoln
  • sungod
    le train part!

au revoir rosbifs
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slow start as I'm in a hotel near work, might as well go for a swim before my full English
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Work from home day .. it's a battle between me and the fridge of delights .... reckon I can put on 3lbs of pure cheese fat today
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Day off today :D

Got some friends coming round for the day, lots of great food, wine and intelligent conversation.

Not sure I'm up to any one of those :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Busy start to the day with customers ordering stuff which is good. The silly questions will inevitably follow but that's the nature of the beast. Haven't had any really spectacularly stupid ones recently though. Tired after a poor night's kip, got all wound up about stuff last night for no good reason. Need to chill a bit more. Tonight is beer and curry which will be good. Just have to get through the day without snoring too loudly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Hello evelybody peeps

I hate Wednesday's. Laudanum would help.
    Left eye still a bit dry and so it's a quick your on the rollers just to see if my legs still work. I can close one eye and hope no sweat* gets in it and there's no imaginary on coming cars.

*Sweat?! I am flattering myself.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Wednesgay had arrived, tour of Britain looks to be skirting rather close to me so shall be working out the roads an planning a trip. bar that naff all today
  • sungod
    'noon

hurrah, hilton upgraded me to a suite, jacuzzi which is nice but pointless without mrs s, must content myself with the manu comfy chairs, free drink and macaroons, also hit room service for a club sandwich and fries and beers, next meeting is 6ish until around 9 which is a bummer

paris is cold and windy, mostly sunny with intermittent showers
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Wednesday - where am I? Ah, yes, a hospital :wink:

Constructive day - car returned from dealer with everything fixed and a full tank of full (wasn't sure since it was being done in Huddersfield - don't ask).

Also battered Bupa into shape. Miss MRS should at least have a stash of cash after all the crap.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Confusing afternoon, emailed someone about an issue with their mailbox doing auto replies. She emailed me back a long complaint and finished with the line that she now cant send emails, colour me confused...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Back down South after finally getting the death certificate and registering the death. Work tomorrow - wonderful :roll: But at least I'm going out tomorrow evening to restore a bit of normality.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Back down South after finally getting the death certificate and registering the death. Work tomorrow - wonderful :roll: But at least I'm going out tomorrow evening to restore a bit of normality.

Normality is underrated
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Stevo 666 wrote:

And on that night thou shalt laud it up mofo.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Normality is underrated
    So is cider :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]