Monday. Once more into the lungs of hell.

Garry H
Garry H Posts: 6,639
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
Brass monkeys.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

meh, didn't sleep well, office, espresso, interview someone for s̶e̶n̶i̶o̶r̶ c̶o̶n̶s̶u̶l̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ minion role

main question is can i bail early and fit in a ride later today, or could i do it early tomorrow, back to the jetset lifestyle after that with too much food and not enough exercise, must try to take friday off, roll on the weekend
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    I could be a senior consultant. I'm not getting any younger and people could consult me on stuff I know sod all about. Quite sunny here and a touch on the fresh side but not too bad, going to get colder for tomorrow though. Had to drive in as I have to pick some stuff up, also need to get my ears lowered later. Food will be consumed at some point. I don't like this Monday malarkey, I don't think I'll bother with it next week.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Good luck with the impending weather, oxoman.

I've a cold sore which I could do without - possibly UV related - and a bit of stress of course. Car people meeting me at the hospital to finally take car back to get it fixed. Bathroom floor people coming to do that. Need to get in touch with Macmillan for PIP help. And, of course, the usual trip to the TCT ward. Appointments every day this week.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Gardening/wandering round with a coffee in flipflops on saturday morning, inevitably dropped a giant rock on my toes and it would not stop bleeding. Had a BBQ and a few beers to get over it. Went down to Hamsterley yesterday, plaster fell off when I was riding and filled my shoe with blood. On the plus side it was great to be riding in the sun/dust again. Work wise the FC are letting me down on something, I was meant to have it three weeks ago and it's holding up a long sequence of events that I will be shouted at for in the end. Taking Friday off because the GF's mother and sister are coming to stay, at least I have something to look forward too...

Enjoy Glentress Oxo, there has been a lot of new stuff sprouting up around Innerleithen too if you get over there
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, back to the grind today important tasks completed, coffee, WiFi code for new phone, news. Now on to the less important work lark.

No sign of cold here just a bit damp to be honest, preparing for said cold with the sailing jacket I bought and ideally not getting ill again.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Organising the underlings this morning, off to run a few errands around town and then back to the mothership.

Booked a few surveys tomorrow with a late start which means a pre work ride is well on the cards, as is an early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning evelybody peeps

Me senior insultant me.

Weather is pants but I had better get on with it.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Senior Consultant? I could do that. What business line you in?

Alternatively, just Google the stuff you need to consult on.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Visit to worship new grandchild no2 cancelled for today. No plan B as yet...
  • veronese68
    Garry H wrote:
    Senior Consultant? I could do that. What business line you in?

Alternatively, just Google the stuff you need to consult on.
    Why bother Googling? Somebody asks you a question, you give your answer. You've been consulted, job jobbed.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Prepping for tomorrow's assessment which will be aided by a leg looserner to clear the brain cells and reset my attitude after a few hours in the office.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    oxoman wrote:
    Still chilling in the highlands. Witches trail coming up in a bit
    They have a MTB trail specifically for wives? :)

In the office today to keep things rolling along and delegate where needed. (To be fair, work is being really good about it all). Off North tomorrow to register the death finally and hand some stuff over to solicitors and undertakers. Then back down south again Wednesday. I just love the A1...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • meanredspider
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Off North tomorrow to register the death finally and hand some stuff over to solicitors and undertakers. Then back down south again Wednesday. I just love the A1...

Good luck with all of that, Steve. When my wife's grandmother died a few months back (we got there with less than 30 minutes to spare) it took my in-laws three trips to Lincoln to get the death registered. There were problems with getting a death certificate issued and then the registrar questioned the way it had been filled out - and she had died in hospital.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Mrs MRS is reporting snow on the Black Isle.
  • veronese68
    Is that in the arctic circle? It's May next week ffs! Forecast to be chuffing cold down here as well from tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Off North tomorrow to register the death finally and hand some stuff over to solicitors and undertakers. Then back down south again Wednesday. I just love the A1...

Good luck with all of that, Steve. When my wife's grandmother died a few months back (we got there with less than 30 minutes to spare) it took my in-laws three trips to Lincoln to get the death registered. There were problems with getting a death certificate issued and then the registrar questioned the way it had been filled out - and she had died in hospital.
    Thanks MRS.

They've already had to apologise for not sorting it last Friday - appointment is now Weds morning to get the certificate and register the death and he died on the 15th! Useless gits. If they get it wrong again I will not be pleased. Also need to sort out how to deal with my soon to be reluctantly acquired half a house in Redcar.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Also need to sort out how to deal with my soon to be reluctantly acquired half a house in Redcar.
    51dVVMWCpoL._SX355_.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Also need to sort out how to deal with my soon to be reluctantly acquired half a house in Redcar.
    51dVVMWCpoL._SX355_.jpg
    [Checks house insurance policy]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Mrs T's birthday present arrived in the post today...marine quality stainless steel...I know I spoil her :D

5BE736DD-8F23-46C5-9407-27D1BB73ADCE.jpg

She was delighted :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Is that in the arctic circle? It's May next week ffs! Forecast to be chuffing cold down here as well from tomorrow.

We only live at 100m elevation too so not exactly the top of Everest.

We had snow in May last year. A wise man doesn't remove his winter tyres until June (as stupid as that sounds).
  • meanredspider
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Thanks MRS.

They've already had to apologise for not sorting it last Friday - appointment is now Weds morning to get the certificate and register the death and he died on the 15th! Useless gits. If they get it wrong again I will not be pleased. Also need to sort out how to deal with my soon to be reluctantly acquired half a house in Redcar.

That all sounds horribly reminiscent of what the in-laws went through. On the positive side (relatively) they had all of the house though I think emptying and selling it was a miserable experience. My thoughts are definitely with you.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

No that's for mother in laws
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:

We had snow in May last year. A wise man doesn't remove his winter tyres until June (as stupid as that sounds).

Or fits all season tyres
  • meanredspider
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Or fits all season tyres

Tyre of all seasons, master of none... :wink:

Besides that, the standard rims have an absurdly wide low profile tyre and I definitely want something narrower for snow (not to mention saving the rims from the endless Highland salt and ice-induced pot holes).
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Whoop, bonus day! Drinks are on me tonight if you can find out which bar I'll be in then guess which one I am... GO
  • meanredspider
    oxoman wrote:
    Sadly the witches trail was like the mother in law. Cxxp. Managed to get to glentress and do a quick red. Did consider lagan wolftrax as I went by it but it was almost a white out for a bit. Managed to get all the S,s at both centres. Snow sleet and sun. Might try innerleithen tomorrow but not to sure if 120mm full sus is up to it.

Where are you based up there?
  • Garry H
    I live near peebles.
  • Garry H
    oxoman wrote:
    Jammy sod having this on your doorstep. Doing Glentress first thing and going to try innerliethen xc before moving on. If I come up here again I'll give you a shout.
    Went to the cafe in Glentress once.