sunday, let's not go southeast today

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

yet again road chaos in london caused by swarms of filthy runnists, they don't pay tax, no insurance, ignore red lights, run in the road without looking and endanger innocent cyclists, they should be banned, ffs if they want to run they should go around the park a few times instead of getting in everyone else's, selfish bastards the lot of 'em :D

time for brekkie

ride, cafes, etc. well away from the pestilential horde
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    I should be running but leg is still sore :(

Today is jobs, which is rubbish
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Hobbling about today, thanks to over-doing it yesterday on tennis court. Back is not happy, legs are sore, shoulder and neck muscles are conspiring to choke me.

Was not a day to waste however. Spectificent weather, went out driving with roof down, stopped for coffee and lunch, cruised the more scenic parts of town, and now sat with a large whisky before dinner.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    If crudders think that roadies never smile and look miserable, what do they think of Runnists who look like they are being tortured with their contorted faces, odd gates, strange attire, laboured movements and that gasping for air habit they seem to have all the time?

Shoot them the b4stard, red light running bunch of sweaty nerds. (Soz TLW - i'm sure you cut a sleek Pentheresque figure as you glide along effortlessly, seemingly never touching the ground. If not, you should be shot).

Me sore me. Must go shower and try and soothe the eye. Girls are full of energy and I mean full of energy and they're going to a party today. I cba personally and they'll only come back totally hyper. Great innit?
    I'll see if I can run over one of those runnists on the way to the party, that'll cheer me up. I'm going to get a bumper sticker made: Runnists will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

I doubt i'll get accused of trolling runnists on a cycling forum, so therefore trolling is relative.

Although...
    That MF bloke is a runnist. Does he belong to a runnisting club? Oh yeah - he belongs to that huge runnisting club called the MOD, they are always runnisting around. What about that oxoman bloke who works nights in some sort of secretive outsourced underground chemical factory for the North Koreans? Oh yes, I forgot - he's pedalling his way around Loch Tummell looking for the Loch Tummel monster I think. So i'll let him off for now.

Which sodding barsteward mentioned bloody runnists...
    Hobbling about today, thanks to over-doing it yesterday on tennis court. Back is not happy, legs are sore, shoulder and neck muscles are conspiring to choke me.

That'll teach you for runnisting around.

Meh, grrrr, meh, bollox bollox, meh, grump, meh... It's a good job I took some painkillers or else I would be really grumpy.

That fookin GVA better not win Liege else i'll shoot him too. Though I doubt he will.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    TLW1 wrote:

I went running late afternoon yesterday and my legs still ache. Must be getting old.

Have walked the hound and am now doing a few jobs of the mundane variety. May watch a bit of football later to see who we'll get in the final. Tomorrow is work - for one day anyway ghen back North on Tuesday & Wednesday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    If crudders think that roadies never smile and look miserable, what do they think of Runnists who look like they are being tortured with their contorted faces, odd gates, strange attire, laboured movements and that gasping for air habit they seem to have all the time
    I reckon runners are a bit like roadies whose bikes have been nicked - super double miserable.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Cant disagree with you there - used to play tennis and I'm sure its what gave me a slipped disc - that and too much running.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Off riding. Sunny but a tad chilly. Then LBL.

Maybe I should go running?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. No danger of me running, sod that for a game of soldiers. Need to fix my turntable today, the disc seem to have dropped and is hitting the spindle of the motor. Being 30 years old I think it's out of warranty. Might go for a stroll as well, maybe to a pub.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Cant disagree with you there - used to play tennis and I'm sure its what gave me a slipped disc - that and too much running.
    The problem with tennis is that I played so much for so long that the muscle memory is still there, even though the muscles aren't. Still hate losing too, which doesn't help.. :)

Despite all the ranting above, I would *love* to be back running again too. Best stress therapy ever.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Need to fix my turntable today, the disc seem to have dropped and is hitting the spindle of the motor. Being 30 years old I think it's out of warranty.

I have a similar problem. My Pioneer turntable is way past it's best. The reviews state that the Pioneer that I have delivers fantastic sound for the money.

So I got on to some of the forums and without spending too much, it looks like a Technics 1300 Mk2. The 1200 is/was the DJ's choice and has no manual function unlike the 1300 which is semi-automatic and the MK2 just an embellishment of the MK1. Difference is about £1k just because the 1200 is well sought after.
    Then I came upon the transport issue. Turntables need to be packaged properly and any moving bits , especially the bed; need to be secure... so it's a headache.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Need to fix my turntable today, the disc seem to have dropped and is hitting the spindle of the motor. Being 30 years old I think it's out of warranty.
    You've been spotted shopping for a new one:
    https://youtu.be/dSINO6MKtco

"What's the difference?"
    "About 30 years and a plastic cover to you, chief." :P
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I went running late afternoon yesterday and my legs still ache. Must be getting old.
    :shock:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Been for a scooper sooper dooper ride - utterly lovely 52 and felt really good - hurty boo boo knee didn't hurt at all and now feels good.

Ended up riding with some bloke for part of the way who hated clubbies as much as I do, which is nice.

We were just slagging them off then a bunch of 40ish of them came past the other way without a smile on any of theirs faces.

Now they're miserable.

Anyhow, N1 bike has been cleaned ready to be used next week and plans are now afoot to sell stuff to raise funds for a new S3 frame and forks in black as long as the geometry is the same as my Soloist.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Park, football, about to start on dinner. Trying not to strangle the demon that inhabits my wife's body at this time of the month, deep breaths.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    If crudders think that roadies never smile and look miserable, what do they think of Runnists who look like they are being tortured with their contorted faces, odd gates, strange attire, laboured movements and that gasping for air habit they seem to have all the time?

Shoot them the b4stard, red light running bunch of sweaty nerds. (Soz TLW - i'm sure you cut a sleek Pentheresque figure as you glide along effortlessly, seemingly never touching the ground. If not, you should be shot).

Me sore me. Must go shower and try and soothe the eye. Girls are full of energy and I mean full of energy and they're going to a party today. I cba personally and they'll only come back totally hyper. Great innit?
    I'll see if I can run over one of those runnists on the way to the party, that'll cheer me up. I'm going to get a bumper sticker made: Runnists will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

I doubt i'll get accused of trolling runnists on a cycling forum, so therefore trolling is relative.

Although...
    That MF bloke is a runnist. Does he belong to a runnisting club? Oh yeah - he belongs to that huge runnisting club called the MOD, they are always runnisting around. What about that oxoman bloke who works nights in some sort of secretive outsourced underground chemical factory for the North Koreans? Oh yes, I forgot - he's pedalling his way around Loch Tummell looking for the Loch Tummel monster I think. So i'll let him off for now.

Which sodding barsteward mentioned bloody runnists...

That'll teach you for runnisting around.

Meh, grrrr, meh, bollox bollox, meh, grump, meh... It's a good job I took some painkillers or else I would be really grumpy.

That fookin GVA better not win Liege else i'll shoot him too. Though I doubt he will.

Update later.

I'm only a runningist because I have to - I much much prefer being a cyclerist and only partake in the runningerism because it's part of my job.

To the dudes and dudettes who do all that fell running and ultra marathon malarkey I give props though - that's hard stuff.

Average runningerist is a lot friendlier that the average clubbie though, I'll give them that much. And they do tend to end in pubs after their runs as opposed to being nobs in the local greasy spoon.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - as an addendum: got wheelsucked by some fat lad in club kit. I proferred cheery greetings of the day, he huffed that he was on a recovery ride as he stared at his harming or whatever he had on his stem.

Judging from the size of him the only recovery he was doing was from having too many pies and believing his own hype.

Clubbies, eh.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Ended up riding with some bloke for part of the way who hated clubbies as much as I do, which is nice.

So you formed a little club?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You've been spotted shopping for a new one:
    https://youtu.be/dSINO6MKtco

"What's the difference?"
    "About 30 years and a plastic cover to you, chief." :P
    That clip is in period for my turntable, although mine is belt drive. Now fixed with a bracket for an SKS mudguard. A plastic cap supporting the central spindle had broken.
    Listening to Give 'em Enough Rope now.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Woke up, felt crap, back to sleep, woke up again, went out for a ride and proved that a diet the day before of five pints, pie and lamb shish kebab is truly the diet of champions.

Few jobs been done, will start pottering in the garden, then fire up the smoker later and cook a chicken. Happy days.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

:shock:
    I don't look my age :) And if its mental or emotional age...
  • Garry H
    I'm only a runningist because I have to - I much much prefer being a cyclerist and only partake in the runningerism because it's part of my job.

To the dudes and dudettes who do all that fell running and ultra marathon malarkey I give props though - that's hard stuff.

Average runningerist is a lot friendlier that the average clubbie though, I'll give them that much. And they do tend to end in pubs after their runs as opposed to being nobs in the local greasy spoon.

Did some of that fell running carry on when I was about 30 years younger an four stone lighter. Coughed my lungs out on a weekly basis. I've never had a stitch since i stopped. Now there's real sport for you and none of the pay off of that olympics nonsense.
  • Garry H
    Ya dancer!!
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Did some of that fell running carry on when I was about 30 years younger an four stone lighter.
    Either you used to be very skinny, or....
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Did some of that fell running carry on when I was about 30 years younger an four stone lighter.

I was very skinny (Tape Worm). 10.5 stone now :)
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

How much of that did you put on after moving to Jockoland?
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

How much of that did you put on after moving to Jockoland?

The Tape Worm (Timothy) died of obesity.

I've put on a stone in the last twenty odd years.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Ya dancer!!

Valverde?
  • Garry H
    Indeed. Nobody else deserved it.

It's like somebody telling you exactly what they're going to do and there's feck all you can do about it. He is:

282737.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

Tape Worm)

C60 or C90?

If you need any more Davyd Jones still sells them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

Tape Worm)

C60 or C90?

If you need any more Davyd Jones still sells them.

Betamax.

Jones the pills?