saturday with a type 453

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafe, veg

appears to be just a smidge warmer according to the outside thermometer, at least it's dry
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning all, sunshine at the gatehouse of fleet, home tomorrow
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today is an attempt to run on a tight achililes so I will be either happy or ferkin unhappy later

Taking the kids to a climbing wall later, so should be fun, then a few jobs (including playing with my new log splitter)

Later is the pub
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Stroll with The Hound, bit if bike fixing for a friend, weights session, chillin' with the Bambini, 6 o'clock Ricard.

Has potential I think.

Have a glorious day!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Coffee and porridge. Fettle bike. Hillwalking with the kids.

Riding tomorrow, might even go out with the club.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Today.
    Take aged mother to see some bluebells.
    Clean house.
    lunch.
    Ride (may include lunch)
    Meet the lovely Mrs Slog at the airport.

Last couple of days of fine spring weather for a while they reckon, back to winter next week.

The older I get, the better I was.

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    A day without a trip to a hospital (touch wood). Next week already has Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri scheduled for various hospitals. Try to summon up the enthusiasm to ride on the Neo.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    day started badly, so hoping it can only get better.

Arrived home at 4am ish, layed out some food for the Audax today, woken up at 5:30 ish to the sound of a dog being sick and two missing snacks from the kitchen. Sort that out, bed, Dog sick again. Now running late, get out start the long chase to get on the back of anyone leaving Eureka to get a puncture, oh wait left my saddle bag in the house too.

Time for brunch and maybe some vodka.

Hope you avoid the hosipital MRS.
    TLW, kids climbing/bouldering is always a laugh, most of them have no sense of mortality
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Flâneur wrote:
    Arrived home at 4am ish...Time for brunch and maybe some vodka.

You are too classy for this forum. You set standards that only we can imitate poorly. Respect.

Me nursing left eye me and looking after Tricky and Shorty who seem to have extra extra energy and are extra extra noisy.

Must go try and squeeze a shower in somehow and hope I don't come out to a wrecked house and garden.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    up and down hills more times than the assyrian empire

think crank spindle is a bit worn on the nds, goes creaky after high power then gradually quietens, which i'm guessing is as displaced grease gets smeared back in, grrrr
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was had followed by light pottering. Out for a meal with my folks later. Nice chilled day.
    Hope you have a good day MRS and Stevo, you could both do with it.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    up and down hills more times than the assyrian empire

think crank spindle is a bit worn on the nds, goes creaky after high power then gradually quietens, which i'm guessing is as displaced grease gets smeared back in, grrrr

Then learn to cycle 60 degrees from the horizontal. Else, find a car park and ride around in anti-clockwise circles*.

*there's a deep metaphor in there.
  • sungod
    i'm thinking more of either a metal loaded grease, or loctite 609 or 641

though if i could get a new spindle, maybe one to discus with fudges
  • Garry H
    Starsky and hutch?
  • pinno
    You'll have to look out for the Loch Tummell monster instead I think.

Should be a good day for the Etape though chilly start. It will be one of those day's where you'll start under dressed and end up over dressed.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:

'Spindle'? What decrepit BB have you got?
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:

'Spindle'? What decrepit BB have you got?

JUst weld it on. It'll be fine.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I found a pic of Sungod's acid bike, although it's hard to tell what sort of BB he has on it:

ae52fd918cc6bdafb698375e22ecb764.jpg
  • pinno
    ...and here's the man himself:

hippy-on-bike.jpg
  • sungod
    i toyed with the idea of getting a pegoretti with a paintjob like an indian truck, but in the end was torn between should it be heffalumps or tabby cat design

definitely not me in the pic, too much hair

on a different topic, the terrible news about michele scarponi puts things into perspective, really sad time for his family :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Having a shockingly normal day thanks Veronese. Hope its the same for MRS.

Have done a few jobs and taken a car load of crap from clearing the study down to the tip. Now sitting in the Waitrose caff with a coffee and a sausage roll while Stropteen and Strifey are shopping in Bromley.

Also started the ball rolling with social services yesterday to get my old dear transferred to a home near me as its just not going to work being 5 hours drive away.

I do need some bloody exercise as well!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today is an attempt to run on a tight achililes so I will be either happy or ferkin unhappy later

Taking the kids to a climbing wall later, so should be fun, then a few jobs (including playing with my new log splitter)

Later is the pub

Run was shoot with the leg still sore :( climbing was a giggle though and on the way back stopped off and treated myself to a new mower - three petrol garden toys now
  • Matthewfalle
    Just been for a gym sesh and tinkering with Madone - saved 40grammes. Yeah!

Do I trim down Di2 FSA SLK seat post as I won't ever use the D12 battery compartment and save a load of weight? I think so.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Having a shockingly normal day thanks Veronese. Hope its the same for MRS.

Have done a few jobs and taken a car load of crap from clearing the study down to the tip. Now sitting in the Waitrose caff with a coffee and a sausage roll while Stropteen and Strifey are shopping in Bromley.

Also started the ball rolling with social services yesterday to get my old dear transferred to a home near me as its just not going to work being 5 hours drive away.

I do need some bloody exercise as well!

Mine is pretty mundane too - cleaning, washing, bins and two soul-destroying hours setting up utility bills, oh, and responding to those shysters at BUPA who are doing their very best to add stress to my life (whilst claiming to do the opposite) - fortunately it's only money.

The other thing I have in common is coffee and sausage rolls and desperate need for bloody exercise...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H
    Feckety feck! I've lost one Assos knee warmer. Anyone seen it?
  • pinno
    It's in your next door neighbours garden.

Me grabbed a couple of hours to do fettling to the summer bike me. Found out why the gear change was sloppy - loose rear mech hanger. Washed the chain in petrol (thrice). Not going back to Muc off. It's spotless now. Pity I can't show it off but the dodgy eye is more important.
    ...and on that note, I can see out of it!

Death and illness. It's a funny thing. You spend so much time chasing bits of paper and sorting out the most mundane of things when you could really be doing something else instead.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pinno wrote:
    I found a pic of Sungod's acid bike, although it's hard to tell what sort of BB he has on it:

ae52fd918cc6bdafb698375e22ecb764.jpg
    Reminds me of Wimbledon bicycle man

A37F2CC4-1AAB-49D7-810E-3DA99088A8EF_zps2ymcgshw.jpgYou
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hope you get that sorted quickly.
  • pinno
    Is that the sort of cup cake that inhabits Wimbledon?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hope you get that sorted quickly.
    Me too. Not sure what the process is, although am not going to rush it if there are no places available in a good home closeby. Will also take a bit of time after that to clear the house and flog it (assuming the transfer goes through).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Tank documentary on BBC 4!

(Found the knee warmer)