Cheap RS forks from China on eBay

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited April 2017 in MTB general
Anyone else spotted the recent rash of cheap used RS forks on eBay being listed in China like this one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282437161611
All from zero feedback 'sellers', a few have sold (I count 9 since the 15th) although I'm pretty sure the buyer is never going to get what they ordered.

Thoughts?

I've reported all I've seen as potentially fraudulent but none seem to get taken down.
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Hahahha

"Would prefer collection from Chorley, Lancashire but prepared to post if necessary."

I'm guessing some scammer has copied and pasted genuine auctions.

I'm too impatient/grumpy to wait for delivery from China, plus the few times I've tried have been painful (cheap stuff only), so I filter to UK only.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    I get a few things from China, but not much. J&L stuff is pretty good quality, cheap and reliable delivery in about 10-12 days.

I certainly wouldn't be falling for this obvious scam.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I wouldn't even consider them.
    There are also fake RS and Fox forks from China.
  • The Rookie
    The new scam is cranks, a set of SRAM X0, again too cheap and from China but advert is clearly a copy of an English written one and seller is zero feedback.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    Yup, I mean they are such obvious scams, I guess people are relying on the guarantees from PayPal/eBay, but you are never going to get what you thought you were.