sungod Posts: 16,434
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

skive for a ride, cafes, wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning all. I'm not saying anything in case I jinx it but :D Also, cycling to work halves your risk of cancer and heart disease

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-39641122

Get on your bike b!tches.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Past 2 days I've cycled before work. Does this include those who WFH?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all. I'm not saying anything in case I jinx it but :D Also, cycling to work halves your risk of cancer and heart disease

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-39641122

Get on your bike b!tches.

But your chances from being knocked off by a mobile using driver increases 5 fold, oh and if you cycle in a large city with poor air quality you're ten times more likely to die of something horrible

However if you live in Shropshire you'll be fine, it's prettier than Yorkshire and without the drawback of Yorkshireman.

Later is a hair cut, pick my bike up from the LBS, driving a daughter around, researching a few roles
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Mrs T's birthday today, so I will be forced to imbibe alcohol :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I managed to ride in this morning, shouldn't get cancer today then.
    Happy birthday Mrs 47. Unless t47 is celebrating the birthday of Bally's heartthrob.
    Mild Thursday morning hangover is in evidence as expected. Still reasonably busy at work, helps the time pass a little quicker I suppose. Need to go in search of some cake I reckon, back later...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    team47b wrote:
    Mrs T's birthday today, so I will be forced to imbibe alcohol :D
    Happy Birthday long suffering Mrs T :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    The visitors have gone and that means Mrs T47 can celebrate that, her birthday and the fact that there's no one to witness bashing T47 about the head. Normal service resumes.
    Can you get drunk conceptually?

Me nursing eye me. Might mean indoor pedalling which means I am at less risk from poor air quality (i'll open the window) and lower risk of mobile phone users (Mrs P is poodling about so can't say 'zero risk').

Will go and try ad find some missing documents later. Needle. Hay-stack.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Past 2 days I've cycled before work. Does this include those who WFH?

nope .... it clearly says cycling to work ... any other cycling is a waste including turbo trainers and the like
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Lovely morning for a ride in. 10 degrees on both thermometers. Cycle in a North Easterly direction.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Funeral service this morning. :( Afternoon spent playing catch up on work stuff. Dinner out was damned good though, now just deciding if ICBA to do any more work.

Weekend will be a good thing!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Hopefully there will be a legaly binding contract in place later this afternoon meaning I can go to the bank tomorrow afternoon with a cheque for the inevitable "oooohhh, Kr kershaw, what are you planning on doing with that? Would you like to see one of our advisors?"

Also got the confirmation email I was waiting for this morning to say our deposit has been recieved for next years skiing holiday, woohooooo...

Still managed to throw something at the 6am alarm clock, probably because we sat watching Broadchurch untill 11 last night.

Run later then early to bed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited April 2017
    Ciao

Cycled in a south westerly direction this morning and have managed to do absolutely bugerrrr all whilst still maintaining the pretence of being the most enthusiastic and useful person here.

Unfortunately I have been pinged for a course being run by the first name on my decapitation list. I have also made it known that I shall not refer to this subhuman monstrosity by its name it rather I shall use the the nomenclature "cuntface". The amount of hatred I have towards this imbecile is unfathomable

Apart from that, currently chillin' and may peruse other parts of the forum.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In an office too far from home made worse as I'm going to see the red scum play later which if further away. It's the kids first proper match and it's full hospitality - think they are going to love it
  • Matthewfalle
    Prawn sandwiches

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Fuzzy 'prawn sandwich'?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon, found a Goshawk today which was cool as I've never seen one before. It's less cool though as it means we can't cut £400k worth of trees until mid/late summer which will leave a bit of a hole in the budget for that client unless I can bring something forward elsewhere.

Plus I think I have whiplash from when I brained myself on the roof of my truck nearly two weeks ago, the bruise isn't too bad now but it's agony if I'm driving for more than an 45 minutes and my left eye hurts, should probably go to the doctors...
  • Matthewfalle
    Have just been hit with a massive attacks of the tireds and fell asleep in the sun for an hour. Now have that post afternoon in the sun grogginess so may have a coffee and a snooze in the sun to see if it goes away.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

Plus I think I have whiplash from when I brained myself on the roof of my truck nearly two weeks ago, the bruise isn't too bad now but it's agony if I'm driving for more than an 45 minutes and my left eye hurts, should probably go to the doctors...

You'll be fine - just go and lock yourself in a darkened room armed only with a lap top and pictures of Stacey and Nina and all will be fine.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Alternatively, just bash one or several out until the pain goes away. One of the two options.

You can tell I'm a medical man. Ain't no one who can argue with my advice.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Alternatively, just bash one or several out until the pain goes away. One of the two options.

I've tried that on many occasions, unfortunately neither the physical nor emotional pain goes away....
  • pinno
    You can tell I'm a medical man. Ain't no one who can argue with my advice.

Well... I would use the distraction technique for this one. Get someone to smack HaydenM on the shin hard with a hammer He'll soon forget any other aches and pains.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, full of a glorious head cold so hiding at home, manager wasn't pleased but when your job relies on you being able to talk to people on the phone having no voice becomes an issue.
    Anyway spent yesterday an today off coughing an wheezing to myself trying to justify new bike tyres because skin walls are cool etc.
  • team47b
    Have just been hit with a massive attacks of the tireds and fell asleep in the sun for an hour. Now have that post afternoon in the sun grogginess so may have a coffee and a snooze in the sun to see if it goes away.

Hasn't worked for me yet, do you think that you would advise, medically, opening up a really nice bottle of red? :D
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    what you need is two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls

trust the doctor
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    team47b wrote:

Hasn't worked for me yet, do you think that you would advise, medically, opening up a really nice bottle of red? :D

Personally I would open the red, let it breath for a while and use that time sensibly by drinking Ricard and watching girls.

But, essentially, yes.

Self diagnosis and treatment - I like.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    what you need is two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls

trust the doctor

Nah bollox to that.

A load of Larium and some Ricard. Cheap and oh so effective.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

I've tried that on many occasions, unfortunately neither the physical nor emotional pain goes away....

Try wearing the patented Glove of Sandpaper.

Works every time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:

trust the doctor

Say's the (ex?)-LSD supping 70's throwback.
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:

Personally I would open the red, let it breath for a while and use that time sensibly by drinking Ricard and watching girls.

But, essentially, yes.

Self diagnosis and treatment - I like.

Self medicating as I type :D
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Back to four days a week. Fackin beezer!

Fat crying bloke finishes next week. He's seriously getting on my t1ts. Might Jap Slap the fecker before he leaves.