my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Eurgh, Gin...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    That was hard work. Apparently it really was windy and not just a combination of me being feeble and reluctant to go to work. Lovely and sunny though, shame I can't see it from here. Need to book tomorrow afternoon off to take the female child to Great Ormond Street, doubt they'll do anything but have to keep plugging away. I suspect today will be utterly manic, have a good one everybody...
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    The search continues for a job, back up is evolving well but won't generate cash short term, later is a club ride.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Slowmart wrote:
    The search continues for a job, back up is evolving well but won't generate cash short term, later is a club ride.

The good thing about being out of work is cycling fitness increases
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Off to the Tank Museum with number one son to see the new Tiger tank exhibition. Just got to battle across the traffic gridlock of Wessex City -(Christchurch/Bournemouth/Poole). So with added holiday traffic might get to Bovington just before closing time.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    absolutely massive poo this morning ..... wish I had done a pre-weigh in

but without pics, stats or strava ... I cant verify any of it .... it didn't happen :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning evelybody peeps

Forecast said sunny. They lied. I might wait a bit before a pedal as it's bleedin' nippy out there. Must do grass later.
    I was unemployed once. I got so busy I nearly took on some staff.

Go and study the Bristol Stool chart and then you can keep a daily number log and write it on the toilet wall everyday Fat Daddy. It would be preferable to this toilet - we've got enough 'graffiti artists'.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Minus four over here this morning.
  • pinno
    -4!! Holy batshit.

I opted for the rollers and did some intervals. Silly me. Might have to go and have a nap.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Slowmart wrote:
    Slowmart - hope you don't mind me asking but I thought you had your own business? Have you sold up/looking for new challenges etc?

In the office today briefing minions to hold the fort as this is my only day in. All going well so far and also managing to make good headway on funeral arrangements etc. Actually slept well last night, no alcohol involved either !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Had lovely day of pooling around - car had to go into tire garage to get tire sorted so had 45 min s to poodle around town in the sun, go for a coffee, look at girls. Very nice indeed.

Bumped into ridiculously pretty mummy at school gates - stunning but built like a twig, so it's a no - no. No fatties for me but she is twig like. Ridiculously pretty though.

Then came home, had Thai green curry for lunch, chilled with a mate who popped in for a cuppa, now just chillin' with Bambino whilst Bambina is at her friends house.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Anything interesting happened on here or just people arguing about riding a bicycle on the road when others are, advising each other to buy Fulcrums and Contis and being club squares?

Oh - that Rapha cafe looks dull as as well. Think I'll stick with the locals bar next door with the free tapas, proper coffee and local women.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    the kick-off thread is still in need of repair due to contamination with postings about cars

mulled over posting something inflammatory in a few threads but cba

skived this afternoon, decided to check yesterday's bb refit and adjust the preload, ended up doing a partial spring clean, cassette now gleaming and dirty chain swapped for a clean one

this may result in torrential rain, mud slides, rain of frogs etc. for the weekend
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Garry H wrote:

Absofuckinlutely preposterous!

I was just complaining about the temperature here today but I think you win, are you sure you're not a polar bear?

(29 ish) :oops:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

Do you live in a fridge?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Off to the Tank Museum with number one son to see the new Tiger tank exhibition. Just got to battle across the traffic gridlock of Wessex City -(Christchurch/Bournemouth/Poole). So with added holiday traffic might get to Bovington just before closing time.

No I. Now that place I shall a dump. Only good things about it are the road outta town and the salt and pepper spare ribs from the Chinese take away next door to the camp.

The rest of it could be napalmed and I don't think it would really be missed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:

Tiger exhibition eh. Bet it's roaringly good fun.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    Feet up with nice hot cup of tea, may have some curry later :D
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:

Celebrating? :wink:
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Celebrating? :wink:

Nah, just trying to cool down :D

(Got a cold and high temperature, gift from UK visitors)
  • Matthewfalle
    Did anyone else see Stacey in the telly yesterday evening?

Well smashable she were.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Mr Goo wrote:

No I. Now that place I shall a dump. Only good things about it are the road outta town and the salt and pepper spare ribs from the Chinese take away next door to the camp.

What a great day. Museum has been rebuilt (2009) since last visited. Very modern facilities. Clean tidy etc etc. £13 entry which is an annual pass is pretty good value these days. Lots to see and do. And you can touch the exhibits, unlike the motor museum at Beaulieu.
    The Tiger tank exhibition was very good. Largest collection of Tiger tanks in world, as indeed The Tank Museum is largest of its kind on the planet.

Folks if you're in the area it's worth going to.

As for the village of Wool see Mfalle comment above. That really is nothing to write home about.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Garry H
    Agreed. Went there about three years ago and thought it was fantastic. Also went to the Haynes car museum. That were reet shite.
  • Garry H
    Nine degrees now.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Nine degrees now.

Christ that's positively balmy. The temperature got to a tropical 11 degrees at one point here.
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

What a great day. Museum has been rebuilt (2009) since last visited. Very modern facilities. Clean tidy etc etc. £13 entry which is an annual pass is pretty good value these days. Lots to see and do. And you can touch the exhibits, unlike the motor museum at Beaulieu.
    The Tiger tank exhibition was very good. Largest collection of Tiger tanks in world, as indeed The Tank Museum is largest of its kind on the planet.

Folks if you're in the area it's worth going to.

As for the village of Wool see Mfalle comment above. That really is nothing to write home about.

To tell the truth, you can't beat a good bit of heavy armour. Not this light rubbish, a good Chally 2 or equivalent rocks. and the best part is that you don't have carry anything anywhere as you have essentially a really big car to carry it around for you.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Nine degrees now.

Christ that's positively balmy. The temperature got to a tropical 11 degrees at one point here.

10.30 at night it's 22c here, do you think Garry actually has a thermometer and is not just reading a compass? :D
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Nine degrees now.

10.30 at night it's 22c here, do you think Garry actually has a thermometer and is not just reading a compass? :D

Well, he does work in a bank but i'm not sure he can actually count.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Early start as I cycled into the office in the next county.

Short ride home as the wife met me 4 miles in and we raced to a childless home and walked over to the next village for food and beer - very enjoyable
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Nine degrees now.

Well, he does work in a bank but i'm not sure he can actually count.

Mathematics, hmm, the class into which an equation falls according to the highest power of unknowns or variables present is a degree, so -4 might mean something completely different to a banker like Garry :D