Friday, good. You want to play mind-crazed banjo On the druggy-drag ragtime U.S.A.?

Garry H
Garry H Posts: 6,639
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
Working from home, then lakes.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    My one chance to have a lay in forever and I'm awake at 6am, f@ck you birds and foxes!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Garry H wrote:
    Working from home, then lakes.
    Setting your alarm to beat sungod, nice :)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Garry H
    I love a challenge :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No work :)

Need a tea then off for a reasonable trail run. Then a token effort of tidying up to keep the wife happy as friends are coming over for a walk to and from a nice pub
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    So confused to what day it is ... felt like Friday yesterday .... but not doing Saturday things today ... kiddy off school, wife not at work

It's like being in "witch space" with the thargoids
  • fat daddy wrote:

It's like being in "witch space" with the thargoids

eH?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    1984 - a game "elite" sometimes you got stuck in hyperspace, a void between space

But like a good Friday where you are stuck between a weekday and the weekend ... good Friday being neither

The thargoids were a species of violent alien that attacked you in force ..... that's a bit like having kids
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'ning

lazy start today after a few sleep deprived nights, feeling a bit hungover too

off for an easy ride to check out the newly greased bb
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Well done Gazza, you got him.

The only 'but' is; Sungod 187 - GarryH 4.

Meh. Shredded me. Yesterday's windy wet epic over the mountains of the North Rhins and chasing that pesky wannabe on his Trek has left me fooked. A bit of 'light gardening' for me today.
    Toots are off with OH to soft play area. It's sooo peaceful here. Think i'll have another slice of toast and marmalade.
    (Well, somebody has to set some standards of civilisation around here).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Also woken at 6am but by the cnuts next door with wailing kids eventually followed by screaming harridan. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children.
    Avoided the flooring yesterday and eent car shopping instead. The Mrs wanted to look at cars with lots of leg room and had heard a Mazda 6 was good in that respect. I said that was a car for retired accountants. Laced up a new front wheel last night, rear to be done today whilst avoiding flooring.

eta: forgot to say, hope all goes as well as can be Stevo.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Also woken at 6am but by the cnuts next door with wailing kids eventually followed by screaming harridan. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children.
    Avoided the flooring yesterday and eent car shopping instead. The Mrs wanted to look at cars with lots of leg room and had heard a Mazda 6 was good in that respect. I said that was a car for retired accountants. Laced up a new front wheel last night, rear to be done today whilst avoiding flooring.

eta: forgot to say, hope all goes as well as can be Stevo.
    Thanks V.

Just sorting myself some lunch then off to the hospital again shortly.

Couldn't see my old dear as she's come down with sickness and gut rot and can't risk transferring that to my old man. Also the bog in the house now won't flush properly and I cant find anyone to fix it today so I may have to head home tonight. To cap it all off I found the door to the little conservatory they had built on the back was unlocked - probably for some time. And I've lost half a veneer off a front tooth and look like a criminal.

It never f*****g rains...

Sometimes you just have to laugh.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Use a bucket to flush the khazi and a blender to prepare your food, that's minor stuff in the great scheme of things. And don't forget to lock the back door.
    Don't worry about looking like a criminal as you are one, admittedly a corporate one. ;-)
  • Garry H
    If the bucket of water doesn't work, use the blender.

Hop all goes ok Stevo.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Hope is goes OK as possible. My 40th or 50th day or more in hospital this year.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H wrote:

Before or after?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

Before or after?

After. How would you otherwise know that the bucket of water hasn't worked?
  • Stevo_666
    Not so much not flushing as theres a partial blockage. Anyhow, home now down South, not much more I could do up there for the time being. Back up soon no doubt. The antibiotics seem to be working but they've had to put him on some high flow oxygen apparatus rather than the standard one.

The one good bit of the day was there was naff all traffic for a bank holiday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not so much not flushing as theres a partial blockage.

Sounds like you needed to pull on your pink Marigolds and get stuck in mate. Wuss.

There was a news item I think on Tuesday. They have developed a technique of removing a blood clot in the brain following a stroke and the results are amazing. They see results on the operating table! One guy had a stroke and was off on holiday 2 weeks later. Unfortunately, it's in it's infancy, hasn't been rolled out across the country and the clot has to be removed within 6 hours of the stroke.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    What'chu talkin' bout,Willis

True though Pinno,time is a factor for such things.
  • veronese68
    Aah, the bucket will still work. Sh!t in the bucket then lob the contents over the fence into next doors garden, do NOT hit them with a hammer though.
    Well done on making it back to civilisation at least.
    I've been doing a few bits and bobs, successfully avoided flooring again at least. Spent ages trying to get a tap dismantled, had to resort to power tools in the end, now all fixed. Decided to replace the cartridge on the hot side as well as they were sold in pairs, took about two minutes. If I hadn't left the cold one dribbling for years it would have been just as easy. Why don't I learn. Might lace up the back wheel tonight.
  • pinno
    What'chu talkin' bout,Willis

True though Pinno,time is a factor for such things.

They have developed a method where they go through the groin and through one of the main arteries and then locate the clot and remove it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 13131.html
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sounds like you needed to pull on your pink Marigolds and get stuck in mate. Wuss.

There was a news item I think on Tuesday. They have developed a technique of removing a blood clot in the brain following a stroke and the results are amazing. They see results on the operating table! One guy had a stroke and was off on holiday 2 weeks later. Unfortunately, it's in it's infancy, hasn't been rolled out across the country and the clot has to be removed within 6 hours of the stroke.
    Tried putting my hands down - blockage must be further down as the upstair bog is also up the spout.

No chance of that technique being any use as he probably spent most of the night on the bedroom floor before my old dear woke up and raised the alarm. That and he's 91. The talk with the consultant this afternoon was pretty clear on his chances. I had 5 hours to think about that in the car. It may end up being my call as I have power of attorney - the hardest decision I will ever have to make if it comes to that.

I need a drink.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Tried putting my hands down - blockage must be further down as the upstair bog is also up the spout.

No chance of that technique being any use as he probably spent most of the night on the bedroom floor before my old dear woke up and raised the alarm. That and he's 91. The talk with the consultant this afternoon was pretty clear on his chances. I had 5 hours to think about that in the car. It may end up being my call as I have power of attorney - the hardest choice I will ever have to make if it comes to that.

I need a drink.

I had to authorise the DNR for my mother. It was the hardest thing I have ever done.
    They said that she would have to come off the morphine temporarily if her heart stopped and that if she came round, she would be in severe discomfort and be totally bewildered and that the best thing was to let her go.
    In moments like that, you have to rule the self out completely.
    Whilst there was always a part of me that wanted to have that last conversation, there was a seemingly selfish aspect to that.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    If,it may not come to that,still have the drink though.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... the hardest choice I will ever have to make if it comes to that.

I need a drink.
    That's a really tough call, not a decision I'd want to make. Not much we can say I'm afraid, advice from a bunch of losers on the internet isn't what you want. Listen to the quacks I guess.
    Happy Easter eh?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No chance of that technique being any use as he probably spent most of the night on the bedroom floor before my old dear woke up and raised the alarm. That and he's 91. The talk with the consultant this afternoon was pretty clear on his chances. I had 5 hours to think about that in the car. It may end up being my call as I have power of attorney - the hardest choice I will ever have to make if it comes to that.

I need a drink.

I had to authorise the DNR for my mother. It was the hardest thing I have ever done.
    They said that she would have to come off the morphine temporarily if her heart stopped and that if she came round, she would be in severe discomfort and be totally bewildered and that the best thing was to let her go.
    In moments like that, you have to rule the self out completely.
    Whilst there was always a part of me that wanted to have that last conversation, there was a seemingly selfish aspect to that.
    I've had the DNR conversation :(

Hes not on morphine (yet) but he's reliant on the oxygen on account of the pneumonia. If that doesn't improve I'll need to decide whether to continue with the oxygen. There is the question of quality of life but I wish I had asked what he would want if it came to this. He can't communicate now.
  • Stevo_666
    If,it may not come to that,still have the drink though.
    No disagreement there.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... the hardest choice I will ever have to make if it comes to that.

I need a drink.
    That's a really tough call, not a decision I'd want to make. Not much we can say I'm afraid, advice from a bunch of losers on the internet isn't what you want. Listen to the quacks I guess.
    Happy Easter eh?
    True, although the quacks seem keen on letting people 'go' quite early. I told the consultant that I wasn't prepared to make a decision until the antibiotics have had a chance to work - and for me to think it through properly. Not exactly a spur of the moment decision!

Another drink I think...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Hope is goes OK as possible. My 40th or 50th day or more in hospital this year.
    I'll never match that. Hope you/family are OK.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There is the question of quality of life but I wish I had asked what he would want if it came to this. He can't communicate now.
    I suspect you may know the answer to this, as Piña says you have to try to detach yourself emotionally. Not easy I know.
    Having read your last post, I would agree it's not a spur of the moment decision.
    Enjoy that drink, you deserve it.