edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to brekkie then reunite with gmc and gmc and go to see gmc

yawn, really needed more sleep
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Badly timed trip to an office too ferkin far away means unless the traffic gods shine tonight's journey home will be sloooow

Which is a shame because the local is calling and I've resisted since Monday!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Mornin'

Cat's still crazy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

If you're in the US this is cheating 'cos you started the thread before you went to bed. Tut tut.

On train to work, one more day to get through for now. A bit more mopping up of year end aftermath and hopefully not too many stoopid requests from the Kingdom of Far Far Away.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

If you're in the US this is cheating 'cos you started the thread before you went to bed. Tut tut.

On train to work, one more day to get through for now. A bit more mopping up of year end aftermath and hopefully not too many stoopid requests from the Kingdom of Far Far Away.
    Good spot Stevo. Finishing at 12:30 today then I'm not sure what to do.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, spent the first half hour of the morning at the garage, car is now fixed half hours labour plus £200 for a joint, expensive morning.

Anyway money burnt car no longer trying to kill me so happy day, sat in the office now tea brewing and an offensively smelly banana to my left. Onward to mediocrity!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Is there an opposite to Glandular fever ? .. I think I have it

I thought the trainer must have miss calibrated when I averaged 30w more than normal this morning and got an ftp 11w up on my norm ..... but then I got a PR on the way to work on the SS with knobbly tyres

I put this down to contracting the opposite of Glandular fever OR .... I have had glandular fever all this time and now I am recovering from it

I love self medication ..... when I was fat it was because my metabolism was slow, now Cav has GF I have a whole new reason to be sh1te !
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Thursday? Feels like a Saturday to me. Unfortunately there are plenty of jobs around the house that I need to do. Spot of flooring today I think. Might go to the pub with the Mrs later.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thursday? Feels like a Saturday to me. Unfortunately there are plenty of jobs around the house that I need to do. Spot of flooring today I think. Might go to the pub with the Mrs later.
    You can't lay floors on Maundy Thursday!

And Jesus said unto his disciples "Thou shall not lay floors, for Thursday is a day to get tanked up on bread and wine, coz you never know what's around the corner like."

Did they teach you nothing in Catholic school!?
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:
    Mornin'

Cat's still crazy
    Take her to the vets and get her bits taken out.
  • seanoconn
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, spent the first half hour of the morning at the garage, car is now fixed half hours labour plus £200 for a joint, expensive morning.

Anyway money burnt car no longer trying to kill me so happy day, sat in the office now tea brewing and an offensively smelly banana to my left. Onward to mediocrity!
    £200 for a joint!? Must be some seriously good sh!t.
  • seanoconn
    TLW1 wrote:
    Badly timed trip to an office too ferkin far away means unless the traffic gods shine tonight's journey home will be sloooow

Should have biked it, you're going soft TLW1.
  • seanoconn
    fat daddy wrote:

I thought the trainer must have miss calibrated when I averaged 30w more than normal this morning and got an ftp 11w up on my norm ..... but then I got a PR on the way to work on the SS with knobbly tyres

I put this down to contracting the opposite of Glandular fever OR .... I have had glandular fever all this time and now I am recovering from it

I love self medication ..... when I was fat it was because my metabolism was slow, now Cav has GF I have a whole new reason to be sh1te !
    Your not fat anymore? I've been living a lie :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    seanoconn wrote:
    I thought that too. See, I did learn the important lessons at school.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    fat daddy wrote:

It's Ebolaids.
    fat daddy wrote:

It's your bodies last hurrah before meltdown.
    fat daddy wrote:
    I love self medication .....

We love self medication: Coffee, cocaine and massage parlours (in any order).

I dunno, these people who come into BB and start talking performance carp...

Have you earnt your days off VN?!
    What's with you Seano, have you been sacked?

There's a little weather today.
    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    What's with you Seano, have you been sacked?
    Nah, tea break.
  • pinno
    That's one hell of a tea break. Can I get a job at your company*? Do you get biscuits with your tea?

*Scrub that, I don't want a job. I have a job being me.
  • fat daddy
    seanoconn wrote:
    Your not fat anymore? I've been living a lie :(

well ...... when I say not fat .... I am fat in the eyes of Castelli .. but under armour think I am an 11 year old girl ... so I guess it all depends on your point of view

Probably still fat for a cyclist.
  • fat daddy
    Pinno wrote:
    It's your bodies last hurrah before meltdown..

my cars have all done this same thing ..... you go for a drive and they suddenly feel fast and quiet and nimble ... and the next morning they don't start and half the internals end up in the oil pan
  • Garry H
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Mornin'

Cat's still crazy

Scheduled for next month. She's too young at the moment. Half a mind to just do it myself. How hard can it be? I'm sure there's a manual for this.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Services and a chicken salad at the moment for me. Home early though so might do a few jobs about the house so I get an easier weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Mornin'

Cat's still crazy

Scheduled for next month. She's too young at the moment. Half a mind to just do it myself. How hard can it be? I'm sure there's a manual for this.
    Easy peasy. Sterilise your instruments, make an incision, take out anything that doesn't look important, sew it back up. Cats are as hard as nails, she'll be fine.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

You pay for quality these day im afraid
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Should have biked it, you're going soft TLW1.

Would be quicker on the way home
  • fat daddy
    seanoconn wrote:
    Easy peasy. she'll be fine.

hmmm, they are kind of the opposite of bikes IMO ... easy to take apart, but a nightmare to put back together .... where as bikes can be a nightmare to take apart but once in bits easy to get back together.

although internal cabling is probably a bit like veins .... you might end up re-routing some of them externally
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Penultimate day at work for 17 days today, Cannot Feckin wait. There might even be some bike riding.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

£5 per bag for synthetic 'spice'. Stop all the real weed getting through the ports and you end up with a far worse epidemic.
    The war on drugs is really working.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

£5 per bag for synthetic 'spice'. Stop all the real weed getting through the ports and you end up with a far worse epidemic.
    The war on drugs is really working.

Spice you say
    spice_must_flow.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Fermented apple based drugs for me tonight. That was a bit of a crap day considering it was the last day of a 3 day week.

And its the long slog North this weekend along with 10 million others...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Fermented apple based drugs for me tonight. That was a bit of a crap day considering it was the last day of a 3 day week.

And its the long slog North this weekend along with 10 million others...

Leave at 5am.
  • Garry H
    Fish pie.

Punk IPA